https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nice to see Patrick Roberts on the City bench

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 16, 2015, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

I wonder if he laughed at us for losing at home to brighton yesterday? Still the money we got for him has proved vital in our excellent start to the campaign
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamben on August 16, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
I wonder if he laughed at us for losing at home to brighton yesterday? Still the money we got for him has proved vital in our excellent start to the campaign

Propping up Khans feet on his yacht.

SouthfieldWhite

Pat wasn't getting played at Fulham, so decided to move on,

I doubt he was laughing at us losing yesterday.

I'm sure Pat will get loaned out soon and will become a very good player and we may regret letting him go so cheaply

Blanco

Or he'll just become another wasted talent that floats off into the abyss jumping from club to club not really doing anything.

callumc513

Twig

Yep, we've certainly splashed that cash haven't we.

Wingnut

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 16, 2015, 04:40:25 PM
I'm sure Pat will get loaned out soon and will become a very good player and we may regret letting him go so cheaply

It is inevitable that he will get loaned out pretty soon, so he can get game time. Highly likely that he will end up at another Championship club, if you ask me. We all know what will happen if he plays against us ........
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Max Headroom

ron

Just like Mr Polly, I'm just about to set fire to my house, slash my wrists and dive down the stairs to land in my own funeral pyre, because life has become meaningless since Roberts left.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Twig on August 16, 2015, 06:56:56 PM

Yep, we've certainly splashed that cash haven't we.
Spend,spend,spend - that's us

laurencecapel

I'm surprised we didn't fight tooth and nail to loan him back at least for the season. After the showing against Brighton it's clear we need width - may have offered something different with him and Kaca on either flank....

Either way I hope he really does come good - maybe one day he'll go for big money and we'll get a tidy % of the deal.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

It's not like he was in the starting eleven here too. He'll be another Scott Sinclair in no time at all. Stones is next.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

One Martin Thomas

This helps no one.  If Fulham had shown a bit of ambition and got in an exotic manager at the start of the season, he may have stayed.  Either way, he's moved on; Fulham's moved on and FoF has to too !

I personally hope he makes it. 

I'd rather have seen him go to Liverpool where he may have got more games though.  It will be interesting to see how good City think he really is in the coming season.

Hurby

A question for those forumites with longer Fulham memories than mine: how often have budding new players like Pat Roberts returned at a later stage to the club as mature players? Do you think they keep their loyalties to Fulham throughout their career? Is there a known expression 'once a White, always a White' in circulation?

ron

Bobby Robson and Alan Mullery are the stand out examples. I'm sure they both always had a soft spot for the old place....but the modern game doesn't seem to have a place for such niceties as loyalty. The cash aspect has taken over almost completely.