watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Strange really

Started by St Eve, August 16, 2015, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

I used to be absolutely devastated when we lost a game in the premiership. Particularly in the last minute. Now I am disappointed but soon get over it. I suppose I have accepted that we are just a poor championship team

Nero

Quote from: St Eve on August 16, 2015, 08:07:20 PM
I used to be absolutely devastated when we lost a game in the premiership. Particularly in the last minute. Now I am disappointed but soon get over it. I suppose I have accepted that we are just a poor championship team

It just happens so often you're used to it now

Lighthouse

I have come to realise that people actually enjoy wallowing in misery. I used to think it was just me. But no you are all at it. There is a line in a film where somebody says 'you drop your bomb on a city and kill thousands and all you feel sorry for is yourself.'

I have said it before. You are all too late. The time to start being frustrated and angry was when Hughes left. Now we as a club are slowly turning the downward spiral around. Frustrating and annoying but stop feeling sorry for yourselves and start realising that the slow build is beginning. We have had many false dawns. Each game will be tough. But we will begin to at first to establish ourselves ourselves as a top half team and then push on from there.

Cheer up. The real danger is from fans wanting to end and spoil the rebuilding by constantly heaping blame on manager and players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

Its weird. Its funny, but at the same time not funny at all. I only got the result after the game but could have predicted the whole thing. 1 down to a sloppy goal and only then start to play, miss a few chances and then concede a penalty somewhere near the end. Seen it so many times in the past year.

SuffolkWhite

I agree LH, it was all down hill once Hughes left. But it is a bit like old old times at the moment when I used to go regularly in the 80's, we would win a game then lose a game never really knowing quite what was going to be served up in each match. Ah happy days with 4500 in the ground for home games and two coaches of supporters for away games!

I think the loss adjuster has finally penetrated the the fans psychology and lowered the expectation some what. I said at the first game of last season before we kicked a ball we would not bounce back straight away.

This season will get better whether Kit is in charge or not because the quality of the team is improving and will continue to improve.

Top half of the table with outside chance of play off's is the best we will do I think.

Cheers
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Vienna1

Losing the game by such a late goal is devastating for any team. But wasn't the equalizer at Cardiff we conceded a late goal as well? Beware of the pattern...

Tempest

I'm the same but then again I have more important things to worry about at the moment, kind of accepted the last minute goal with a smile because its just how it is, just how it will always be with the current managment structure. Sadly, family members are Seagull fans, that's the tough bit to take. We'd better beat Reading,  know loads of them.
Live in Falmouth!

Burt

Quote from: Vienna1 on August 17, 2015, 09:58:22 AM
Losing the game by such a late goal is devastating for any team. But wasn't the equalizer at Cardiff we conceded a late goal as well? Beware of the pattern...

This was the pattern 2 or 3 seasons ago in the Premier - we couldn't hold on and would concede late. I agree with the OP, in that a defeat used to ruin the weekend but now I have got so used to it that it only ruins half the weekend :)

Onwards and upwards!

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2015, 08:46:59 PM
I have come to realise that people actually enjoy wallowing in misery. I used to think it was just me. But no you are all at it. There is a line in a film where somebody says 'you drop your bomb on a city and kill thousands and all you feel sorry for is yourself.'

I have said it before. You are all too late. The time to start being frustrated and angry was when Hughes left. Now we as a club are slowly turning the downward spiral around. Frustrating and annoying but stop feeling sorry for yourselves and start realising that the slow build is beginning. We have had many false dawns. Each game will be tough. But we will begin to at first to establish ourselves ourselves as a top half team and then push on from there.

Cheer up. The real danger is from fans wanting to end and spoil the rebuilding by constantly heaping blame on manager and players.
0001.jpeg

fulhams_finest

Quote from: St Eve on August 16, 2015, 08:07:20 PM

I have this exact same feeling, it's like you know its coming anyway and your just waiting for the other team to score

King_Crud

It's my fault, I said to my mate at about 90 mins "we've played well in the second half, maybe things aren't so awful. I bet the ball will go up the othe3r end and we'll do something stupid though", and that's what happened. And I just kind of expected it, it really didn't upset me, it just feels like these results are due.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: King_Crud on August 17, 2015, 02:55:43 PM
It's my fault, I said to my mate at about 90 mins "we've played well in the second half, maybe things aren't so awful. I bet the ball will go up the othe3r end and we'll do something stupid though", and that's what happened. And I just kind of expected it, it really didn't upset me, it just feels like these results are due.

So it's all your fault then, well it's nice of you to own up.
Nevertheless, we are fresh out of mercy, and there will be a mandatory forfeit coming your way, as it's only a first offence. As opposed to a heavy fine, if it had been more than one offence.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.