watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons vs Sanchez same tactics

Started by Ordar, August 16, 2015, 09:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

I mentioned this on another thread, but isn't how we're playing under Symons exactly the same tactically as we played under Sanchez? Long balls forward bypassing the midfield, a lack of genuine width error prone back line, full backs exposed, no pace playing percentage football.

I'd love to see a heat map and stats from a game under Sanchez compared to a game under Symons

The Old Count

Probably, the only difference is that Kit is more amiable than Sanchez.

The football is just as dire though.

St Eve

Sanchez actually didn't do too bad in the transfer market in retrospect

Lighthouse

That's it for me. I am off on a sabbatical to some sanity. When we have Symons v Sanchez threads after two matches into the new season. Well the asylum really has been taken over by the inmates. Don't touch anything sharp. Remember any signing we make is a bad signing. It is all Symons fault the Greek didn't stay and his fault we haven't signed every good player by the start of the season.

Now where is that gun. Better not give it to Smith because he would miss with it. Oh hold on that has to be Symons fault as well.  :005: 090.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: St Eve on August 16, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

He did woefully, which was the main reason it cost him his job. He overpaid for players with Championship experience at most, which very few actually came off.

Logicalman

What an absolutely poor and ridiculous comparison, has the Kit slagging off come to a new low finally? Two completely different squads, different prior managers different owners and finally, different leagues. Oh, same ground, NOW I see where the comparison is the same!

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2015, 11:50:24 PM
That's it for me. I am off on a sabbatical to some sanity. When we have Symons v Sanchez threads after two matches into the new season. Well the asylum really has been taken over by the inmates. Don't touch anything sharp. Remember any signing we make is a bad signing. It is all Symons fault the Greek didn't stay and his fault we haven't signed every good player by the start of the season.

Now where is that gun. Better not give it to Smith because he would miss with it. Oh hold on that has to be Symons fault as well.  :005: 090.gif

You and me both, Mr. Sunshine. See you on Facebook.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ordar

As mentioned in the original post, for those over reacting, I was talking about the tactics and style of play. To say that it isn't similar is just wrong.

Re-Watch how the team played under Sanchez, and then rewatch any of the games under Symons.

If you disagree, rather than throwing a wobbly why not give some constructive counter arguments. This is a forum after all...

St Eve

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 17, 2015, 12:08:36 AM

He did woefully, which was the main reason it cost him his job. He overpaid for players with Championship experience at most, which very few actually came off.
I could be wrong but I thought he brought in Murphy, Hughes and Baird

VicHalomsLovechild

We used to loose games in the final minutes back then as well.

colinwhite

Sanchez was an arrogant clown but he did also sign konchesky Davis an kamara . Then with a team full of short arses and no pace trodd to play the long ball game

Oakeshott

J Perkins

"He did woefully"

If you check the facts, for all his on field disappointment LS was arguably one of our best signers of new players, along with Jean Tigana and Roy. It wasn't just whom he bought, but the rubbish he sold for a big price.

In

Danny Murphy - arguably the Club's best player since Johnny Haynes

Aaron Hughes - half of the "Thames Barrier"

Chris Baird - a valuable squad player whom we would be better with today

Paul Konchelsky - arguably our best left back over the last nine years

Steve Davis - currently playing regularly for Southampton in the Premiership

Diomansy Kamara - very frustrating but his goals away against Man City kept us up in Roy's first season

David Healy - high scoring N Irish international never quite able to perform as consistently at Premiership level but a trier

Out

Zak Knight - to Villa for £3.m. Like Kamara inconsistent, except with regard to distribution where he was consistently diabolical.

RaySmith

I think Symons is  Sanchez in disguise - the only way Laurie could get back into the game as a top level manager.

Same difference! - manager of Northern Ireland, assistant manager of Wales.

One bought in all NI players, the other  brought in all Welsh ........oh, wait a minute, that was Coleman.

One has a very short player up front- Healy, one has a very tall one - Smith.

Same difference!

Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time?

Ordar

Quote from: RaySmith on August 17, 2015, 07:45:55 AM
I think Symons is  Sanchez in disguise - the only way Laurie could get back into the game as a top level manager.

One bought in all NI players, the other  brought in all Welsh ........oh, wait a minute, that was Coleman.

Same difference!

I think you'll find McBride played up front with Healy and then once injured we brought in Kuqi. But thank you for that condescending post.

As mentioned twice on this thread I said the the play the similar tactics/ style of play.

What I find interesting is that all the people who will back Kit to the hilt are the same ones who didn't want Allardyce because of his route one football (which is incorrect anyway as he hasn't played that way since early Bolton days) and now Kit has set us up to do the same

epsomraver

Where you get that the tactics by Kit are the same as Sanchez is beyond me, do you really go and watch any games?

Ordar

Quote from: epsomraver on August 17, 2015, 09:08:59 AM
Where you get that the tactics by Kit are the same as Sanchez is beyond me, do you really go and watch any games?

Explain how they are different? And yes I do go to the games, I've had a season ticket on and off for 20 years, plus I got to a lot of away games and stream those I cant go to if they are available.

Both play direct styles, by passing the midfield looking for knock downs. Under Sanchez we actually played with wingers but rarely used them effectively. The defence was error prone (see Zat Knight) and we had a tendency for conceding late goals. Football was pedestrian and easy to defend as it was 1 dimensional. Full backs were constantly under pressure (Baird) and we got exposed by teams who played with width and pace.

Sound familiar??

colinwhite

Kit is nice and Sanchez was full of himself. Actually one tactical difference between the two was that Sanchez wanted his full backs to hit diagonal forward balls over the opponents defence and then try to win second balls . Kits team plays the ball often relatively straight , previously mostly from hutchinson and now more predominately through Ohara.
Kit tried to play that way with Hugo and Sanchez even did it with Healy........

Dixie

Are you serious? Sanchez is easily the worst manager we have had in my 30 years of supporting this team! I would much rather have Magath back than him!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

St Eve

Quote from: Dixie on August 17, 2015, 12:21:17 PM

Are you serious? Sanchez is easily the worst manager we have had in my 30 years of supporting this team! I would much rather have Magath back than him!
I never said that he was a good manager. I said that he did well in the transfer market

Logicalman

Quote from: Ordar on August 17, 2015, 01:49:28 AM
As mentioned in the original post, for those over reacting, I was talking about the tactics and style of play. To say that it isn't similar is just wrong.

Re-Watch how the team played under Sanchez, and then rewatch any of the games under Symons.

If you disagree, rather than throwing a wobbly why not give some constructive counter arguments. This is a forum after all...

I did, there is no comparison, and you ignored it.

Quote from: Ordar on August 17, 2015, 08:01:25 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on August 17, 2015, 07:45:55 AM

Same difference!

I think you'll find McBride played up front with Healy and then once injured we brought in Kuqi. But thank you for that condescending post.

As mentioned twice on this thread I said the the play the similar tactics/ style of play.

What I find interesting is that all the people who will back Kit to the hilt are the same ones who didn't want Allardyce because of his route one football (which is incorrect anyway as he hasn't played that way since early Bolton days) and now Kit has set us up to do the same

I back Kit to the hilt, but I was very much in favor of Big Sam coming to the club, so stop all these generalisations about people and things you don't know just to back up your poor arguments!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.