watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream agrees Fulham move

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 17, 2015, 11:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Just a few more things to add on Ream though NYNY covered it pretty well...

Ream is left footed... he is not big or overpowering but is very very strong positionally... He is quicker than he looks (but not quite as quick as AH was)
He is certainly best suited to pair up with a taller CB... Which is good because we have some of those...
Very, very good in posession, exteremely confident passer of the ball..

If he comes in, he will slot in immediately and certainly help us retain posession at the back...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 17, 2015, 06:27:31 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 17, 2015, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 06:16:40 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 17, 2015, 06:02:51 PM
hutch is the best out of bodurov and burn that doesn't make him brilliant,but maybe alongside a decent c.b think he would be better.
He might be our best, but I don't think any of our defenders are good enough for promotion

Top Six?

That's realistic this season I think.

It's certainly a reasonable expectation. It does not matter who we've signed or who we've sold. We've been told multiple times and in multiple ways that promotion was the aim. Therefor, Top 6 should be the minimum expectation.
It's one thing expecting it. But our squad clearly isn't good enough for it as it stands. If I said to you directly after Norwich game that we would sort our defence by swapping husband for Voser and burn/bod for Ream, you would have laughed at me. But that's essentially what we are doing.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Forever Fulham

He was excellent for Bolton.  Give him a month to get a feel for the moment-to-moment situational habits of his teammates, and he will very likely do a great job for Fulham.  He's smart.  He sees the developing play.  He has good one on one play, a clean tackler, a very good distributor.  Most importantly, he effectively communicates with those around him in real time.  His speed?  Can't really say for sure, because he's one of those players who anticipates so well that he rarely gets caught in a foot race situation.  He's got good  timing.

Twig

Delighted that we have a reinforcement for our appalling defence, but we won't challenge for anything until we stop sitting back and inviting the opposition on and play the ball forward with more pace and width.

Sorry but the Butch "sideways the crab" Wilkins style of build up will never cut the mustard.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
hutch is the best out of bodurov and burn that doesn't make him brilliant,but maybe alongside a decent c.b think he would be better.
He might be our best, but I don't think any of our defenders are good enough for promotion

Top Six?

It's certainly a reasonable expectation. It does not matter who we've signed or who we've sold. We've been told multiple times and in multiple ways that promotion was the aim. Therefor, Top 6 should be the minimum expectation.
It's one thing expecting it. But our squad clearly isn't good enough for it as it stands. If I said to you directly after Norwich game that we would sort our defence by swapping husband for Voser and burn/bod for Ream, you would have laughed at me. But that's essentially what we are doing.

Well, to be fair, the Husband for Voser exchange was forced upon us. We addressed that situation with Garbutt but, the footballing gods derailed it for us. I agree that, Ream, isn't the first name that comes to mind if we are talking promotion but, I would not have laughed at you/anyone. He's a solid defender in this league which is more than I can say about any of Burn/Bodurov/Hutchinson (to varying degrees and for varying reasons). Ream seems far more situational to my eye and fits us now precisely because he is a left footed version of Baird - can play Dmid, LB, and LCB. I think Baird's strengths lie more in midfield and Ream's more in defense though.

We still have time left in this transfer window. Very difficult to divine our intentions regarding the squad make-up until that window has closed and all of our business has been concluded.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 17, 2015, 06:47:52 PM

Top Six?

Well, to be fair, the Husband for Voser exchange was forced upon us. We addressed that situation with Garbutt but, the footballing gods derailed it for us. I agree that, Ream, isn't the first name that comes to mind if we are talking promotion but, I would not have laughed at you/anyone. He's a solid defender in this league which is more than I can say about any of Burn/Bodurov/Hutchinson (to varying degrees and for varying reasons). Ream seems far more situational to my eye and fits us now precisely because he is a left footed version of Baird - can play Dmid, LB, and LCB. I think Baird's strengths lie more in midfield and Ream's more in defense though.

We still have time left in this transfer window. Very difficult to divine our intentions regarding the squad make-up until that window has closed and all of our business has been concluded.
but if it shut now you would still expect top 6? And I don't think Garbutt is as good as husband anyway. Well he didn't look it against Palace
Maybe in a few years but not right now. So I don't think that was addressed, just a cheap gamble ala fofana

BestOfBrede

We should get Turner back to partner Ream - assuming the Dunk has done a bunk!
At least we would be harder to score against (I thought we were when Turner played), although not promotion candidates!

General

No - Hutch is by far our weakest - in preseason and in our last game he has consistently given away penalties. To have that naivety to make the tackle in the last minute of the last game was shocking. He is a liability.

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 17, 2015, 07:07:11 PM
At least we would be harder to score against (I thought we were when Turner played), although not promotion candidates!
Id love to see some stats on that. I thought we got spanked no matter who played. Did he play the last two games as that's 7 goals right there

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 07:01:55 PM

Top Six?

but if it shut now you would still expect top 6? And I don't think Garbutt is as good as husband anyway. Well he didn't look it against Palace
Maybe in a few years but not right now. So I don't think that was addressed, just a cheap gamble ala fofana

I think you've missed (or I've poorly communicated) my original post Ben. I wasn't saying that I believe we're good enough for top 6 and that is what I expect to happen. I'll wait until we've completed our transfer business and see out at least several more games before coming to any conclusions about that.

My original point was: I'm holding the club and, particularly, Rigg and Symons to that standard (no that that means much) because they've told us that everything they are doing is aimed at promotion this season. Therefore top 6 is my minimum expectation from them and the squad.

I wanted Husband as well. Ready made for us. Should have been signing No. 1. Turner should have been right in behind him.

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 17, 2015, 07:11:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 07:01:55 PM

Top Six?

I think you've missed (or I've poorly communicated) my original post Ben. I wasn't saying that I believe we're good enough for top 6 and that is what I expect to happen. I'll wait until we've completed our transfer business and see out at least several more games before coming to any conclusions about that.

My original point was: I'm holding the club and, particularly, Rigg and Symons to that standard (no that that means much) because they've told us that everything they are doing is aimed at promotion this season. Therefore top 6 is my minimum expectation from them and the squad.

I wanted Husband as well. Ready made for us. Should have been signing No. 1. Turner should have been right in behind him.
gotcha

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 07:11:09 PM
Id love to see some stats on that. I thought we got spanked no matter who played. Did he play the last two games as that's 7 goals right there
I'm no stats man I'm afraid but just think Turner is better than have!
As I said - none are good enough for a promotion side imo

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 17, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
Where's MJG when you need him

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2015, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 17, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
Where's MJG when you need him
Hopefully working it out now!

ToodlesMcToot

Really wish that MJG would come in with a wink and a nudge about upcoming transfers beyond Ream's (seems imminent enough). I miss those vague, feelgood posts.

MJG

Unable to help on this occasion,  keep getting told things and then not materialising.
If we don't get our finger out we will have wasted five games before the window and be playing catch up again.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 17, 2015, 08:10:35 PM
Unable to help on this occasion,  keep getting told things and then not materialising.
If we don't get our finger out we will have wasted five games before the window and be playing catch up again.
can't you tell us which ones never happened then so we at least know if we are aiming for top 6 or bottom 6

HatterDon

We could see him early at LB, and he can play defensive mid, but he's primarily a solid Championship-level CB. If he plays for us regularly at that position, it'll be at the expense of Dan Burn.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Let's hope he does sign, because we need reinforcements before the end of August, otherwise it could be another hard winter.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.