watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream signs

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, August 20, 2015, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBride78

Welcome aboard Tim.  Experience at PL and Championship and a leader as well.  Valuable addition to our squad and with four years someone we can get used to being around for a while. 

Julius Geezer

I think he'll be a decent acquisition.

Hopefully to cover left back short term and steady central defence up longer term.

And we have a good history with Yank players - bar Eddie Johnson!

Chesh

Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 20, 2015, 07:15:21 PM
And we have a good history with Yank players - bar Eddie Johnson!
...and Eddie Lewis..

in fact, any American called Eddie  :005:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

gezkc

Great news! I'm sure (hope) he won't be the last either.

Riverside

I think / hope will be an excellent signing ( with Cairney and O Hara so far ) . Welcome and good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeuceBigelow

Unless we get Dunk and Tankovic, and Ream is backup, then this is a mistake...
Riverside Block W

McBride78

Why is this a mistake?  You think our defense is not immediately improved with this signing? 

Ream > Bod - yes (who started recently)
Ream > Voser - yes (who started recently)
Ream > Burn - Probably, but who knows as burn is for unknown reasons buried on the bench.
Ream > Hutch - Perhaps, Hutch last year yes.  New and improved Hutch - remains to be seen. 

Ream is a two time fan voted player of the year there.  That means he has to put in a shift and give effort....fans don't take lightly to players that don't work hard or make stupid mistakes regularly.  I fail to see where good work ethic and PL experience is a bad thing or a mistake given the defense we have signed.  Ream starting improves us now.  If he settles on the left, he can be a long term player there for us potentially, as Garbutt is only a loan.   Does he make us top 6, no.  Is this a huge improvement to the back line...I think so.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on August 20, 2015, 10:25:13 PM
Unless we get Dunk and Tankovic, and Ream is backup, then this is a mistake...

On what ground can you possibly stand with a statement like this? Two time player of the year (fans vote) and a player with PL and Championship experience, who also mind you is entering his prime playing days at 27 years old. Give the lad a shot.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"