watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe not a diamond but still too narrow

Started by FulhamStu, August 17, 2015, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Was dissapointed that Pringle especially did not play wider to allow space for the midfield.  McCormack has been asked to play a no10 role and drift back to midfield when almost all fans want him up top as a 2nd striker.   Whilst again like 99% of fans I think we need 2 upgrades in central defence, I now think a quick striker has become very important.  Smith is a great plan B and would work next to a quick guy who can play off him.  I am not at all sure our masterplan is going to work.  I think there is a plan, we saw it in that whiteboard picture with Rigg, but I think its over complicating things and causing as many problems as its solving.   Finally Kit had gone forward a bit and seemed to be making some progress in his comunication and thinking, however on Saturday he went rapidly backwards and I fear his days are numbered. If he carries on as per Saturday and is not sacked, we can totally forget about top half let alone top 6 !    O'Hara and Cairney have been great aquisitions, however we need to complete the re-build or they will be waisted.  The re-build may well include the manager.

hovewhite

I was surprised to see so few crosses from wide areas and little variation ,and echo your sentiments .

Jonaldiniho 88

Many of last seasons problems still seem to be there. Everything comes through the middle apart from the lb/rb but they are so poorly protected they aren't keen on pushing up. I think garbut may have been better but we won't see the best of him for 8 weeks or so if at all. I fear kit isn't up to it but realistically he needs some time with his players. I still think he is waiting on a few of them as we are. I don't think he can be blamed for that. We should have just got them in early then there could be no excuses.

snarks

Pringle played wide at cardiff as did cairney, both pushed inside for Brighton, made smith's job harder as he wasn't getting crosses but hit with long diagonals or balls from the back

copthornemike

We are lacking a pacy winger who gets past his full back, and strong enough not to get bumped off, then can send in a ball from the bye line.

Did anyone else notice that we had a player on Saturday who did just that?

His name - Dembele.