watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

our worst ever defeat ......

Started by colinwhite, August 17, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

I remember us being completely steamrollered by man city that season too ,when they won the league , also  a 0-5 shambles .

cookieg

Quote from: JDH101 on August 17, 2015, 05:52:16 PM
Swansea away when we got relegated to what is now league two was pretty low. That was not a fun trip back.

Agree to this. On the coach on way the back someone put D:Ream Things Can Only Get Better -they did so fingers crossed!!!

18stepsup

Quote from: cookieg on August 17, 2015, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: JDH101 on August 17, 2015, 05:52:16 PM
Swansea away when we got relegated to what is now league two was pretty low. That was not a fun trip back.

Agree to this. On the coach on way the back someone put D:Ream Things Can Only Get Better -they did so fingers crossed!!!
nice that the Swansea fans applauded us for the support we showed

Andy S

Believe me there have been many over the years. I remember when I have felt sorry for players who were clearly out classed. I can get up and leave. They have to stay on the pitch

andyk

For me losing 6-0 at home to Port Vale. Standing in a crumbling Craven Cottage with a couple of thousand lost souls, with no hope of it ever getting any better. Keep the Faith, because it is a funny old game.

Blanco

Sheffield United away and Stoke away. Sheffield United was absolutely dreadful. I felt like crying. The Stoke game that relegated us was unbelievable. The team just didn't turn up. I couldn't believe it. Such an important game and to lose  4-1 was embarrassing. Really made me angry and upset.  :012:

Ged

Loosing 2 0 at home to HAYES in the FA cup first round in 1991 was Fulham lowest point in history

Woolly Mammoth

For me it was Was 5 0 to Swindon in the old League Cup in 1976/77 season. But losing to Hayes 2 0 in FA Cup at home was when we reached the bottom of the barrel, though there have been plenty of other bad days.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bradstow

16 Sep 1959 Wolves 9 Fulham 0 League Division One. Sadly I was there!

23 Sep 1966 Liverpool 10 Fulham 0 League Cup. You guessed it - I was there.

Happily: 
26 Dec 1963 Fulham 10 Ipswich Town 1 League Division One. Thankfully I WAS THERE.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Snibbo

In recent times the one at the Cottage where we battered Hull for 90+ minutes and their sub (a loanee from Manure?) came on and tapped the ball in in the final minute of injury time, in about their only attack of the whole match. Sickening.

Fernhurst

Quote from: f321ffc on August 17, 2015, 06:00:23 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 17, 2015, 05:56:19 PM
Another one that actually still hurts a lot was preston at home 0-1 on the last game of the season for the championship ,at the cottage(1970) .
We were a much better side than them but somehow managed to contrive a defeat ...... and they were made champions of div 3 and we went up in second place .

Still hate Ricky Heppolette (sp) for scoring their goal that day. 092.gif

Wasn't Alan Balls father their manager at the time?

Nearly lost it when he ran on the pitch doing forward rolls in his pale grey suit at the final whistle.

They still had win their game in hand and the final game before overtaking us..... and they did!!!

........ not that I hold a grudge at all.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tonywa

No doubt whatsoever. 0-4 away at Lincoln on Boxing Day 1995. They hadn't won at home since the opening day of the season and were poor, but we were beyond dreadful.  It was freezing cold, it snowed, the coach journey was a nightmare each way and I din't get home until about 22.30 having left home at 08.00 that morning. Micky Adams later said it was the worst performance he had ever been involved with during his time in professional football. I've seen some bad displays but that was something else.

Burt

Quote from: Snibbo on August 18, 2015, 03:54:17 AM
In recent times the one at the Cottage where we battered Hull for 90+ minutes and their sub (a loanee from Manure?) came on and tapped the ball in in the final minute of injury time, in about their only attack of the whole match. Sickening.

Yes, the 2008/9 season I think it was. That hurt, we played well, dominated them, should have had a hatful and to lose to their only meaningful attack with the last kick of the game was as bad as it came.

That Hull result felt even worse to me than the 0-10 at Anfield, which actually became so ridiculous it became funny with the conga in the away end and the cheering from the home support.

Other memorable ones for me include the Hayes defeat, and the defeat to Altetico in the Europa final (I still haven't watched the highlights).

Supermitch

The 10-0 at Liverpool is of course our heaviest ever defeat and yes, I was there.  These were before the days of top sides playing second string line ups.  Steve McMahon scored 4 and even missed a penalty.  We cleared several off the line and the woodwork had a good game for us.

I remember being on an overnight train back to Euston, walking to Waterloo to get the first train home to St Aines and then going to work.  Happy days!!

Whilst that was bad enough at least Liverpool were a very good side in those days.  My vote for the worst ever goes to the Friday night 0-2 FA Cup defeat to Hayes.  Words for our ineptitude that night fail me.

Twig

The extra time winner for Atletico really hurt even tough I was still so proud of every single member of that Europa league squad.  Incredibly emotional as they had shown such commitment and worked so hard. Never ever been prouder of a team.

The FA cup final defeat because we ad decent players but too many froze on the big stage tat afternoon and failed to take their moment in the limelight.

colinwhite

The cup final was a killer . We outplayed Wham and let in 2 soft goals. That journey home was no fun .

you lucky people

7-2 away to West Ham in Feb '68, complete nightmare...
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'