watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

our worst ever defeat ......

Started by colinwhite, August 17, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Cheery topic I know ,but just to show that it has been worse....... I thought of bournemouth at home last season , we were dire .

Southampton at home defeat 0-3  1967 if I'm not mistaken in the last game of the season with the away fans singing (to the tune of london bridge is falling down )and waving " relegations calling you poor old fulham " ......
and not a pink pair of boots in sight !

dannyboi-ffc

I think Sheff Utd in the cup at home was my lowest point of supporting Fulham.  Very painful to watch made even worse when the camera caught Rene laughing and joking. I was not impressed would be an understatement.

I wasn't there but losing 10-0 to Liverpool in the 80s has to be up there as does losing 6-0 to Hull
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colinwhite

I did see us lose 5-0 at home on quite a few occasions . The one that sticks in my mind was being blown away by Don Revies old leeds team vintage 1967.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: colinwhite on August 17, 2015, 05:42:23 PM
Cheery topic I know ,but just to show that it has been worse....... I thought of bournemouth at home last season , we were dire .

Southampton at home defeat 0-3  1967 if I'm not mistaken in the last game of the season with the away fans singing (to the tune of london bridge is falling down )and waving " relegations calling you poor old fulham " ......
and not a pink pair of boots in sight !

surely the Hull 6 nil with all goals in the second half!? dismal display
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25474691

JDH101

Swansea away when we got relegated to what is now league two was pretty low. That was not a fun trip back.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: JDH101 on August 17, 2015, 05:52:16 PM
Swansea away when we got relegated to what is now league two was pretty low. That was not a fun trip back.

Remember that game like it was yesterday

Also losing 7-0 to Chester City was not exactly a high point

colinwhite

Another one that actually still hurts a lot was preston at home 0-1 on the last game of the season for the championship ,at the cottage(1970) .
We were a much better side than them but somehow managed to contrive a defeat ...... and they were made champions of div 3 and we went up in second place .

Sir Alec of good Stock

The worst defeats that I have ever seen are 0-10 at Liverpool and 0-6 home to Port Vale.
The 7-0 defeat at Chester for a team going for the play offs wasn't great, but there is a story that accompanies that defeat.

FPT

Stoke away (for me anyway).

We were relegated by our former manager and were never in the game. The line up was bizarre with Dan Burn at right back, Holtby on the flank and Bent starting. It wasn't the start of the downfall, but it was a painful reminder at how our football club had effed up.

f321ffc

Quote from: colinwhite on August 17, 2015, 05:56:19 PM
Another one that actually still hurts a lot was preston at home 0-1 on the last game of the season for the championship ,at the cottage(1970) .
We were a much better side than them but somehow managed to contrive a defeat ...... and they were made champions of div 3 and we went up in second place .

Still hate Ricky Heppolette (sp) for scoring their goal that day. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ordar

Only including games I was at.

The 3 loses which made me feel the worst were Atletico, Chelsea FA Cup at Villa Park and Northampton at home at the end of the promotion season which cost us the league.

In terms of worst performances, Watford at home last year was dire, Blackburn at Loftus Road (the game where Tigana sat and read a book at half time).

MJG

The worst I have felt after any game was Swansea away 1994 last game if the season.
Lost 2-1 and relegated.

No matter how many hone 5-0 defeats we have,  European cup final losses,  that game and the trip home by train killed me.

RaySmith

8 - 3 against West Ham at Upton Park in about 1963, one of my first away games.

Going down 0-2 at Wembley 1975, after following us in our great run to the Final, including Semi-Final, and last minute john Mitchell goal in the replay that got us to the Final -that was one of the best moments.

0-4 at Watford when we had to win to have a chance of preventing relegation from D2 - that was one of the worst for me.

Losing our lead to two late goals at home to Hull, then going down without a fight 4-0 at Stoke, two years ago when we were relegated -gutting.

Sgt Fulham

4-1 against Sunderland at home in our relegation season hurt a lot I remember, as did the Hull game in which we chucked a 2-0 lead away ending any hopes of a great escape. Since that season I've been fairly numb to the pain of humiliating results and losses.

Athletico hurt but was softened by the pride I had for the team to have got there in the first place.

gang

2-4 Northampton at home, in the 1960's. We were unbelievably bad and Northampton were bottom of the old Division 1.

bog

1-6 at home to Wednesday in the '60's. Alan Mullery put through his own goal after 10 seconds. 

092.gif

aaronmcguigan

Why look into defeats? kit has promised a fortress this season at the cottage
Whhoops

LBNo11

...colinwhite, the Southampton game in our 1967-68 relegation season was the last home game of the season. We actually drew 2-2 with Joe Gilroy scoring both for us and coming close to a hat-trick in the dying moments. The Southampton fans 'took' the Hammersmith End and sang several taunting songs at us wet and miserable faithful - the one that still 'haunts' me to this day was them singing "goodbye Fulham goodbye, we'll see you again - we don't know when, goodbye Fulham goodbye" - 30 + years later we finally made it back to the top flight.

Re bad defeats, the 6-0 drubbing by Hull City of all teams in 2013 was when I knew we were too poor to stay up, that hurt as much as their beating us 1-0 in the last minute at home in 2009...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

...oh, and the 5-0 drubbing Leeds gave us at Craven Cottage in January 1968 hurt too, at least it rid us of Vic Buckingham...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

colinwhite

Cheers LB I remember them waving , and feeling so sad . Don't know where i got 0-3 from although it did feel like that . I liked Joe gilroy ,got his autograph outside the cottage once .
Yes it was along 30 years , lets hope the process is a bit quicker and less painful next time .
Strange when you think about it ,when we used to change ends at half- time . Those were the days .