watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another Lewis Dunk Thread

Started by Wearethewhites, August 17, 2015, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

do you think that Dunk is sub because....he's considered 3rd place?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 09:01:12 PM
Quote from: Domino1879 on August 18, 2015, 07:50:35 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 07:04:16 PM
Quote from: filham on August 17, 2015, 09:32:24 PM
Brighton's two central defenders on Saturday looked pretty good to me, perhaps we should be bidding for one of those instead of Dunk.

Quote from: Domino 1879 on August 18, 2015, 10:00:59 AMThey picked up Uwe Hunemeier for £1.7m and agree he looked better than either of ours.
Quite why we do not look overseas where the players are cheaper AND hungry is beyond me - we seem obsessed with just looking at players with Championship experience. Not having a go at Kit, but having an unknown manager with no European contacts doesn't help.

Dunk is holding out for Premiership move.  Newcastle already made an enquiry, and if Stones goes to Chelsea, and Everton go for Williams of Swansea, then another option opens up for Dunk. 

Hutch and Bodurov.

And, Rigg is the one supposed to have the continental contacts.

Agree that it's possible that Dunk and his agent are awaiting a PL approach.

In fairness both Hutch and Bodurov were Magath signings.  Rigg wasn't even around then.
What struck me on Sat was how accomplished the new German cb was for Brighton.  There must be others out there.  Either our Scouts aren't doing their homework or maybe we are obsessed with Championship experienced players only.  It begs the question  would we be interested in Ream if he had no Championship experience?

My only point was that the cheap and hungry doesn't always mean effective - doesn't matter where you come from either. I agree that we do not need to limit ourselves to Championship only players. I do understand the club's approach to signing, at least in midfield, players who are chance creators. And they have been creating chances. Our forwards have not been helping matters.

I was at the game and thought hutch played great.... Then he didn't. I was saying to my cousin (sat next to me) he may step up... then he didn't. You can't blame kit for that lunge and I feel for kit. If we play like we did second half, every half then I will be happy. We didn't score but controlled the game. I hope more that our current players can step up than I do us signing a new player. I'm a bit of a grouch so I doubt either. But and a big but, I'm always hopeful if not optimistic. I think for people on this board they mistake optimism and pessimism for opinion or negativity. We all see the same things differently. A pessimist is as happy as an optimist if thing go right. It's when they don't we differ. If I reverse that then the final line differs which is why we differ. (So many ffffffs without a swear word)! We support the same, we want the same, but we react differently to the same. Let's all get over that and be friends. There has only been one difference in what I said... How we personally take it. Let's realise that and all be friends..... Of fulham