watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another Lewis Dunk Thread

Started by Wearethewhites, August 17, 2015, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Talk now that we've not even gone back with an improved offer. Player isn't happy that Brighton are holding out, has expressed this, was rested Saturday after a training ground altercation, not because a move to Fulham is close. Hughton now saying that he's in his plans for Tuesday night.

I think you'll find, just like with McDonald, that Ream is the cheaper option and we won't be going back for Dunk.

There's being sensible, but there's also buying players fit for a top 6 finish. At the moment, we're doing neither. 

Northern Cottager

Anyone else excited for the chant "we are staying up!" Come May?

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 17, 2015, 08:07:00 PM
Anyone else excited for the chant "we are staying up!" Come May?
yes. Would be a good achievement imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

All that seems to matter to symons is a defenders ability to smash the ball 80 yards up field, bypassing the entire midfield. As long as they can do that, they fit his prehistoric & ineffective style & therefore, have a chance of playing for us.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 17, 2015, 09:14:50 PM
All that seems to matter to symons is a defenders ability to smash the ball 80 yards up field, bypassing the entire midfield. As long as they can do that, they fit his prehistoric & ineffective style & therefore, have a chance of playing for us.

I despise the fact that the very first thing we do after kick off is to knock it back to the center half, who launches it upfield. The stats department must have data to prove that this is a productive strategy. It is such Sunday league stuff.

As for Dunk, if we really wanted we would pay the extra 500k-£1million pounds. Also do not think he will make much of a difference. There was a n interesting discussion on twitter today and someone said something akin to, if Kit was able to organise a team he would have proven it by now.

filham

Brighton's two central defenders on Saturday looked pretty good to me, perhaps we should be bidding for one of those instead of Dunk.

Domino 1879

Quote from: filham on August 17, 2015, 09:32:24 PM
Brighton's two central defenders on Saturday looked pretty good to me, perhaps we should be bidding for one of those instead of Dunk.

They picked up Uwe Hunemeier for £1.7m and agree he looked better than either of ours.
Quite why we do not look overseas where the players are cheaper AND hungry is beyond me - we seem obsessed with just looking at players with Championship experience. Not having a go at Kit, but having an unknown manager with no European contacts doesn't help.

Dunk is holding out for Premiership move.  Newcastle already made an enquiry, and if Stones goes to Chelsea, and Everton go for Williams of Swansea, then another option opens up for Dunk. 

Tonywa

I'm afraid that until we get a good, tactically aware manager the composition of the side won't matter as much as its totally clueless set-up.

Burt

Revised £5m offer has been submitted...

hovewhite

it seems negative posters rule!

f321ffc

Dunk on the bench tonight.

#BHAFC team v #HTFC: Stockdale (GK); Bruno, Greer, Huenemeier, Bong; Stephens, Kayal, LuaLua, March; Baldock, Hemed.
6:45 PM - 18 Aug 2015
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

jelmo

Realistically he is being saved for Newcastle surely... If we were in for him we would have got this deal done by now eg after the Brighton game. Also, he wouldn't have been on the bench against us. Would have been left out of squad entirely.

Also... Too expensive for us

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Domino 1879 on August 18, 2015, 10:00:59 AMThey picked up Uwe Hunemeier for £1.7m and agree he looked better than either of ours.
Quite why we do not look overseas where the players are cheaper AND hungry is beyond me - we seem obsessed with just looking at players with Championship experience. Not having a go at Kit, but having an unknown manager with no European contacts doesn't help.

Dunk is holding out for Premiership move.  Newcastle already made an enquiry, and if Stones goes to Chelsea, and Everton go for Williams of Swansea, then another option opens up for Dunk. 

Hutch and Bodurov.

And, Rigg is the one supposed to have the continental contacts.

Agree that it's possible that Dunk and his agent are awaiting a PL approach.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RaySmith

We seem determined to get him, but if he wants the Prem..........

Domino1879

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 07:04:16 PM

Quote from: Domino 1879 on August 18, 2015, 10:00:59 AMThey picked up Uwe Hunemeier for £1.7m and agree he looked better than either of ours.

Hutch and Bodurov.

In fairness both Hutch and Bodurov were Magath signings.  Rigg wasn't even around then.
What struck me on Sat was how accomplished the new German cb was for Brighton.  There must be others out there.  Either our Scouts aren't doing their homework or maybe we are obsessed with Championship experienced players only.  It begs the question  would we be interested in Ream if he had no Championship experience?

westcliff white

Quote from: jelmo on August 18, 2015, 07:04:09 PM
Realistically he is being saved for Newcastle surely... If we were in for him we would have got this deal done by now eg after the Brighton game. Also, he wouldn't have been on the bench against us. Would have been left out of squad entirely.

Also... Too expensive for us
he is reported to have said he wants to stay down south for family reasons. Of course money talks in the end
Every day is a Fulham day

Jonaldiniho 88

The funniest thing is I have never seen him play yet I am desperate to sign him because of comments and price tag. He is of age and stature to be a PL player by the sounds of it (in time). BY THE SOUNDS OF IT. That shows what I know. He sounds good but I want him to sign. I don't think I would do well in business.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Domino1879 on August 18, 2015, 07:50:35 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 07:04:16 PM

Hutch and Bodurov.

In fairness both Hutch and Bodurov were Magath signings.  Rigg wasn't even around then.
What struck me on Sat was how accomplished the new German cb was for Brighton.  There must be others out there.  Either our Scouts aren't doing their homework or maybe we are obsessed with Championship experienced players only.  It begs the question  would we be interested in Ream if he had no Championship experience?

My only point was that the cheap and hungry doesn't always mean effective - doesn't matter where you come from either. I agree that we do not need to limit ourselves to Championship only players. I do understand the club's approach to signing, at least in midfield, players who are chance creators. And they have been creating chances. Our forwards have not been helping matters.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude