watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Hull

Started by @jolslover, August 17, 2015, 08:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

What team would you guys like to see lineup against Hull?

I would like to see this (Assuming Ream isnt ready)

Betts, Richards Burn Hutch Voser, Cairney Matilla LVC Kacaniklic, Mccormack Dembele

The reason I have rested O'Hara is because im not sure it would be right for him to play 5 games in 2 weeks. If he is capable then I would slot him in instead of Matilla
STH H3

McBride78

___________Betts__________
Richards_Burn_Hutch_Voser__
LVC_Cairney_O'Hara_Kaca___
___Smith___McCormack

sunburywhite

Messi
Messi, Messi, Messi, Messi
Messi, Messi, Messi
Messi, Messi McCormack
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Nero

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 17, 2015, 09:05:06 PM
Messi
Messi, Messi, Messi
Messi, Messi McCormack

Messi is to small and lightweight would fall over a lot

FPT

I think it'd be stupid to rest Jamie O'Hara, no offence of course, but he's been named Man of the Match for three games for a reason. Even if he can only play an hour, that's an hour we benefit from - especially in what will be one of our more difficult games of the season at Hull. Lets get Jamie through to Saturday, and give him the night off when we play Sheffield United in the cup. I do want to see Dembele involved, and although tempting to pop Alex Kacaniklic in for Ben Pringle, I do want to give Pringle another game or so from the start to find his feet. I think Tim Ream would have had to have been done today anyway for him to be eligible for the game-week, but I'd drop both hopeless duo of Kay Voser and Nikolay Bodurov in the back - and would be very tempted to give Andy Lonergan another go of the gloves.

-------------------Lonergan--------------
Richards---Hutchinson---Burn---Kavanagh
Cairney---Christensen---O'Hara---Pringle
------------Dembele---McCormack---------

Subs; Betts, Bodurov, Hyndman, Mattila, Kacaniklic, Woodrow, Smith.

I don't want to touch the midfield, that still needs gelling and tightening. For me, the defensive changes make sense and Dembele deserves a run out to see what he can provide from the start - the ability to challenge defenders in behind.

Lastly, I know people dislike Sean Kavanagh, but lets give the lad a run out at left back, where he has a bit of cover in Ben Pringle and isn't under as much pressure to provide the width as last year. Kavanagh's technically very comfortable and should help bring more out of Pringle by actually being able to support and put balls down the channels. And heck, at least Sean Kavanagh will get stuck in and put tackles in, in Voser I've never seen a full back so scared to put a challenge in.

filham

Betts
      Richards Hutch Burn Voser
     Caiirnt LVS  O,Hara  Tunni
I             Smith McCormac

We have to toughen up that left flank neither Pringle nor Kaca were effective against Brighton

Blanco

Messi
Messi, Messi, Messi
Messi, Messi McCormack

We would lose.

Fulham76

I would be happy if we tried to play some football on the floor rather than the hit & hope Sunday league style we have these days.

Players in their proper positions, passing & moving. Our squad is easily good enough for a top half finish if only we played to their strengths.

@jolslover

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 17, 2015, 10:06:52 PM
I would be happy if we tried to play some football on the floor rather than the hit & hope Sunday league style we have these days.

Players in their proper positions, passing & moving. Our squad is easily good enough for a top half finish if only we played to their strengths.

This, Only problem is I feel with Matt Smith on the pitch passing it about is not something we will do. I feel like the players just take the lazy option and punt it upfield. This is why I would like to see Moussa given a run
STH H3

westcliff white

I have no issue with Smith playing but for me to get the best from Ross (and for me the only player we have that is likely to score 20+ goals a season) we need him to be at top. I would have Smith on the bench and use him as a plan B from there.

My Team would be

Betts

Richards       Hutchinson             Burn               Voser

O'Hara            Hyndman

Lasse                      Cairney                            Pringle

Ross

Subs - Lonegran, Bodourov, Mattila, Tunni, Smith, Dembele, Woodrow

Hard to choose between the keepers but I would err on the side of Betts If we sign a CB then Hutch comes out for me and if we sign 2 then Burn goes to the bench, not seen enough of Mattila to select him over Hyndman.

I think Cairney and LVC can swap in and out to give some fluidity and then have Ross popping them in up top.
Every day is a Fulham day

Neil D

Quote from: Blanco on August 17, 2015, 10:06:03 PM
Messi
Messi, Messi, Messi
Messi, Messi McCormack

We would lose.
Not if we sub Messi on for McCormack after an hour.

Milo

Quote from: westcliff white on August 18, 2015, 07:50:09 AM
I have no issue with Smith playing but for me to get the best from Ross (and for me the only player we have that is likely to score 20+ goals a season) we need him to be at top. I would have Smith on the bench and use him as a plan B from there.

My Team would be

Betts

Richards       Hutchinson             Burn               Voser

O'Hara            Hyndman

Lasse                      Cairney                            Pringle

Ross

Hard to choose between the keepers but I would err on the side of Betts If we sign a CB then Hutch comes out for me and if we sign 2 then Burn goes to the bench, not seen enough of Mattila to select him over Hyndman.

I think Cairney and LVC can swap in and out to give some fluidity and then have Ross popping them in up top.

Very close to what I would field.

GK: Lonergan
Def: Same as weekend as we have no other options..
Then play a widening 4-3-3. Have the midfield narrow and the front 3 wide. With Cairney and Kaca either side of Ross upfront. O Hara dead centre with Lasse and Pringle either side.

Defensive plan B: Lasse pushed upfront, Kaca subbed and replaced with a holding midfielder (? Tunnicliffe).
Attacking plan B: Switch to 4-4-2 as per Saturday with Ross and Smith upfront.

JackyFulham90

For me

Lonergan
Richards Hutchinson Burn Voser
Cairney O'Hara Matilla Kacaniklic
                   McCormack Smith

Subs - Bettenelli,  Bodurov, Tunnicliffe,  Christensen,  Pringle, Woodrow, Dembele

Bronaldinho

Quote from: @jolslover on August 17, 2015, 08:53:18 PM
What team would you guys like to see lineup against Hull?

I would like to see this (Assuming Ream isnt ready)

Betts, Richards Burn Hutch Voser, Cairney Matilla LVC Kacaniklic, Mccormack Dembele

The reason I have rested O'Hara is because im not sure it would be right for him to play 5 games in 2 weeks. If he is capable then I would slot him in instead of Matilla

Interesting one, but it won't happen xD

The midfield four will remain a constant until Parker is fully fit. Shame, but true.

McCormack will start up top with Smith it's just guessing Kit Bingo with defensive partnerships..
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

stephenFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on August 18, 2015, 07:50:09 AM

My Team would be

Betts

Richards       Hutchinson             Burn               Voser

O'Hara            Hyndman

Lasse                      Cairney                            Pringle

Ross

Couldn't agree more with this! And it would be down to the manager to tell Ross to stay up front and not to drop too deep. There are plenty of creative players in behind him.

MJG

Ok going to be a hard game,  I'd start with this and try to be solid for at least first half and then make changes.

westcliff white

Tunni at right is a good option, its why i had him on the bench as he offers cover at RB and in a defensive midfield role
Every day is a Fulham day

Matt

Betts
Jazz - Hutch - Burn - Voser
LVC - O'Hara - Cairney - Pringle
Ross
Smith

Defense, cannot do any better with the material available. Amazing how I tend not to fear any particular opposing striker since they all are expected to bully our CHs.

Doubt this will even be considered but it would give us width with Pringle on one side and Jazz pushing up if LVC drifts into the centre on the right. Lasse did really well from an initial wide position last season, why not try that again? Cairney's creativity is best used in the centre. O'Hara with the obvious defensive responsibility, TC more the box-to-box player.

Smith and Ross will be a Zamora-Gera-esc combination, allowing us to hold up the ball and combine through the midfield. Smith's lack of passing ability clearly doesn't prevent the ten other players to keep it on the ground it, does it?
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

fulhamben

Quote from: Matt on August 18, 2015, 09:52:00 AM
Betts
Jazz - Hutch - Burn - Voser
LVC - O'Hara - Cairney - Pringle
Ross
Smith

Defense, cannot do any better with the material available. Amazing how I tend not to fear any particular opposing striker since they all are expected to bully our CHs.

Doubt this will even be considered but it would give us width with Pringle on one side and Jazz pushing up if LVC drifts into the centre on the right. Lasse did really well from an initial wide position last season, why not try that again? Cairney's creativity is best used in the centre. O'Hara with the obvious defensive responsibility, TC more the box-to-box player.

Smith and Ross will be a Zamora-Gera-esc combination, allowing us to hold up the ball and combine through the midfield. Smith's lack of passing ability clearly doesn't prevent the ten other players to keep it on the ground it, does it?

Pringle doesn't give us width though, I'd swap him for kaca
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

I fully expect the team that started at Cardiff to start against Hull