https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham make improved Dunk offer

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 18, 2015, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 18, 2015, 11:34:27 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2015, 11:00:50 AM
Oh and on the Brighton forum. Someone saw Dunk driving this morning so he didn't travel with the team last night

He can drive as well?

He could park the bus for us then!

That's my job! Let Dunk stick to defending........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wimbledon_White

£5m is big money for a CB in this league right?

The club must really rate him.

If we get both Dunk and Ream then our CB options would be:
- Dunk
- Ream
- Hutchinson
- Burn
- Bodurov
- Matilla (i think)

(Am I forgetting anyone?)

Either way that is decent depth of CBs and would provide some proper competition for places.

If the club pull this off AND we get Dwight Gale (which I personally don't reckon will happen but hey ho) then this summer should only be looked upon as an excellent and successful summer.

#COYW
051 049:gif 051 049:gif

Northern Cottager

We need to go hell for leather to get out of this league. This would be a good addition to what has been a pretty decent window, albeit not in the most crucial positions.

grandad

Why can´t Fulham say to Brighton, "What´s your price?" If it´s beyond our budget just walk away. If it is within our budget, get it over & done with.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wearethewhites

Brentford have accepted a bid from Bristol City in the region of 8 million for Andre Grey..

Now that's madness.

Slaphead in Qatar

has the mirror every accurately reported our transfer activity - it always talks a load of baloney in my experience.

Friendsoffulham

Newcastle United transfers: Toon 'target' Lewis Dunk not for sale, says ex-boss Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton insists Lewis Dunk - who has been linked with Newcastle United - is not for sale despite being dropped to bench at the

Action Images / David FieldLewis Dunk of BrightonLewis Dunk of Brighton

Former Newcastle United boss Chris Hughton insists reported Magpies target Lewis Dunk's situation at Brighton remains unchanged, despite dropping him at the weekend.

The 23-year-old centre-back has been linked to Steve McClaren's side as well as Fulham, who had a £4m bid rejected earlier in the summer.

Dunk was dropped to the bench by Hughton on Saturday for their win over Fulham in favour of German debutant Uwe Huenemeier but the ex-Toon boss insists Dunk's situation has not changed and he will be in the squad for the game against Huddersfield.

Hughton told the Argus: "It's no different. This is not just Lewis, it applies to every player we have. They are Brighton and Hove Albion players until they are not.

"He's a very good player and a very good player for us. It was a tough decision to make, because he has been playing well, but I just felt with this particular game and the type of game that it was that Uwe would be the better option for me.

"We look forward to Tuesday (at Huddersfield), we hope everybody is available."

Watch our 60 second transfer roundup

He continued on Dunk: "He's a really good lad that wants to do well and he's a professional. I would be surprised if any player that's not playing is happy not to play, so he is no different to anybody else."

Meanwhile, Marseille's Florian Thauvin is expected on Tyneside today to discuss terms ahead of a proposed move to Newcastle.

The Magpies will have to pay up to £14m for the attacking playmaker and Remy Cabella is expected go the opposite way on loan. Cabella has himself jetted in to France to discuss terms.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-toon-target-9877573

FPT

Does he *actually* say he's not for sale? No.

He says: "They are Brighton and Hove Albion players until they are not."

Which is pretty bloody obvious.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 18, 2015, 10:53:49 AM
I was listening to 5 Live last night, and Mark Lawrenson (who as we know is right about everything) said that Dunk could be a Premier League starter.

Which makes me question why no mid table Prem team has properly come in for him (Villa for instance would be a good fit)

Speaking to Villa specifically, didn't they already chuck a large sum at Anderlecht for Chancel Mbemba? Unless he isn't working out, they need to be looking at PL defenders to shore things up, I'd imagine. Wouldn't do to have that much inexperience in front of Guzan.

Not that I disagree with the overall thinking/questioning of Dunk's situation. Odd that it seems down to us and Newcastle (who would likely stick him on the bench for a season).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

McBride78

Where there is this much smoke there is fire.  That in no way means we will get Dunk, but I believe we are at least having discussions if not launching a bid.  Good part is that means the club are still looking for defense beyond Tim Ream, which could change our team drastically.  Someone posted some stats yesterday about goals score / conceded last year in the championship.  Our goals scored was not terrible, but conceding was the reason we were bottom of the table.  I do think the midfield improvements will come around and we will exceed our goals scored from last year.

That doesn't matter if we concede at the frequency we did last year, and if we concede late like we did last year (which we already are showing this year).  There was also a story last week about a bid for tark from us.  I do not care what we do as long as we get some quality in, and it has to be more than one player. 

FPT

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 01:21:19 PM
I was listening to 5 Live last night, and Mark Lawrenson (who as we know is right about everything) said that Dunk could be a Premier League starter.

Which makes me question why no mid table Prem team has properly come in for him (Villa for instance would be a good fit)

Speaking to Villa specifically, didn't they already chuck a large sum at Anderlecht for Chancel Mbemba? Unless he isn't working out, they need to be looking at PL defenders to shore things up, I'd imagine. Wouldn't do to have that much inexperience in front of Guzan.

Not that I disagree with the overall thinking/questioning of Dunk's situation. Odd that it seems down to us and Newcastle (who would likely stick him on the bench for a season).

It's Newcastle who have signed Mbemba. They also have Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Jamaal Lascelles, Mike Williamson (for now) and Paul Dummett who is capable of moving inside from left back.

Villa did sign Micah Richards to replace Ron Vlaar; whilst also having Ciaran Clark, Jores Okore and Philippe Senderos.

I do like the idea of football clubs focusing on British talent to give the club that national feel and blending it with foreign talent, but appreciate that may not always be possible. If we were a Premier League team, I'd still be looking at players like Lewis Dunk for the potential factor. "Lets take this young, English kid who has played plenty of Championship football and looked comfortable, make him our third or fourth choice centre back surrounding him with better players and give him the experience of a more demanding league; in the aim of making him a Premier League player rather than waiting until he is, whilst also looking at the potential for profit."

It's a shame I can't find the article so I'll have to paraphrase, but Arsene Wenger once spoke about the development of young players and discussed the importance of training every day with quality players and how that has benefitted so many of his starlets.

Arthur

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 18, 2015, 12:13:26 PM
Brentford have accepted a bid from Bristol City in the region of 8 million for Andre Grey..

Now that's madness.

You don't say in what sense you think it's madness, but I assume you believe Bristol City to be mad for agreeing to pay it.

Put yourselves in their position, however. The Robins need a striker to boost their chances of avoiding an immediate return to League 1. It is known that they were willing to pay £8M for Gayle, but the player didn't want to join them. Brentford have obviously factored this into their price for Gray. To a club that can buy Gayle for £8M, Gray is not worth as much. But City can't get Gayle. And yet they are clearly desperate for a striker who will score a number of goals for them this season.

If Brentford can see City's dilemma and are therefore asking near to £8M for Gray, what should City do (knowing that his acquisition could be the difference between staying up and going down)? If there are no other players of a comparable quality that they can attract, is it better to pay over the odds for Gray or to be principled, do without, and hope to stay up with an inferior strike-force?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FPT on August 18, 2015, 01:46:01 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 18, 2015, 01:21:19 PM

It's Newcastle who have signed Mbemba. They also have Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Jamaal Lascelles, Mike Williamson (for now) and Paul Dummett who is capable of moving inside from left back.

Villa did sign Micah Richards to replace Ron Vlaar; whilst also having Ciaran Clark, Jores Okore and Philippe Senderos.

I do like the idea of football clubs focusing on British talent to give the club that national feel and blending it with foreign talent, but appreciate that may not always be possible. If we were a Premier League team, I'd still be looking at players like Lewis Dunk for the potential factor. "Lets take this young, English kid who has played plenty of Championship football and looked comfortable, make him our third or fourth choice centre back surrounding him with better players and give him the experience of a more demanding league; in the aim of making him a Premier League player rather than waiting until he is, whilst also looking at the potential for profit."

It's a shame I can't find the article so I'll have to paraphrase, but Arsene Wenger once spoke about the development of young players and discussed the importance of training every day with quality players and how that has benefitted so many of his starlets.

My bad.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Riversider

I hope we sign Dunk if only for the reason that I've got a song for him that I want to get going !
Remember the Song by Arrow "Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot "

Ole, Ole, Ole Ole Lewis Dunk, Dunk, Dunk , Lewis Dunk, Dunk, Dunk
049:gif