watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham make improved Dunk offer

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 18, 2015, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham have made an improved offer for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

Wanted: Fulham have made another attempt to snare Lewis Dunk

Fulham's increased offer for highly-rated Dunk, 23, is understood to be £5m plus add ons.
And the Cottagers are hoping that, having had three bids for Dunk rejected, they have finally come up with an offer that matches Brighton's valuation.

Dunk was left on the bench for Brighton's 2-1 win at Fulham on Saturday due to the speculation swirling around him.
Fulham boss Kit Symons is hoping to significantly strengthen his defence before the transfer window closes.
As well as having an interest in Dunk, Fulham are on the verge of wrapping up a £1.75m deal for Tim Ream, 27, and also want Brentford's James Tarkowski, 22.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-6271040

fulhamben

Wow. Ok this would show some real intent, but I still don't believe that a paper would get wind of our activities. So won't believe it till I see it's been accepted somewhere credible
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Friendsoffulham

TNC Football League ‏@TNC_FLeague  17m17 minutes ago
BREAKING: Fulham have made a new bid for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk worth in excess of £5m.

Rhys Lightning 63

I was listening to 5 Live last night, and Mark Lawrenson (who as we know is right about everything) said that Dunk could be a Premier League starter.

Which makes me question why no mid table Prem team has properly come in for him (Villa for instance would be a good fit)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 18, 2015, 10:53:49 AM
I was listening to 5 Live last night, and Mark Lawrenson (who as we know is right about everything) said that Dunk could be a Premier League starter.

Which makes me question why no mid table Prem team has properly come in for him (Villa for instance would be a good fit)
because it's still a big gamble to take a defender from the lower leagues. Especially at that price.

fulhamben

Oh and on the Brighton forum. Someone saw Dunk driving this morning so he didn't travel with the team last night

alexbishop

going to have to be really clever with the financials on this one.

Happy with a base price of £5m (we need a good defender and that's the price we have to pay for one). Add ons for promotion, appearances, clean sheets etc.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Max Headroom

We so badly need a stand out defender.

Domino 1879

The issue is going to be wages.  We cant compete with a Premier League club.

west kowloon white

Are we competing with a premier league club?

SKSW6

God I'm sick of this saga. One of the most annoying I can remember, at least for ones that have lasted just one window.

Domino 1879

Been reported that Newcastle have enquired - potentially with Williamson in part exchange.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2015, 11:00:50 AM
Oh and on the Brighton forum. Someone saw Dunk driving this morning so he didn't travel with the team last night

He can drive as well?

He could park the bus for us then!

BedsFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2015, 10:45:14 AM
Wow. Ok this would show some real intent, but I still don't believe that a paper would get wind of our activities. So won't believe it till I see it's been accepted somewhere credible

Ben, you're the agent of Dunk. His time is clearly coming to the end at Brighton, so you are in line for a payday. FFC put in a few offers. You want to attract as many bidders as possible.
Quick call into a mate at a Newspaper. Hey ho...its all over twitter. Job done

westcliff white

Quote from: Domino 1879 on August 18, 2015, 11:33:14 AM
Been reported that Newcastle have enquired - potentially with Williamson in part exchange.
Indeed, but he is quoted as saying that he wants to keep his family in the south and is against any move north, obviously cash speaks volumes so time will tell
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 18, 2015, 11:32:06 AM
God I'm sick of this saga. One of the most annoying I can remember, at least for ones that have lasted just one window.

I just don't take any notice of these posts, i just wait until the club confirm signing, seems a lot of people get a bit over the top with something that may or may not happen, just not worth worrying about things we cannot do anything about.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: alfie on August 18, 2015, 11:37:05 AM

I just don't take any notice of these posts, i just wait until the club confirm signing, seems a lot of people get a bit over the top with something that may or may not happen, just not worth worrying about things we cannot do anything about.

I think it's too late for me. I just cant help myself. I know it makes it all the more painful but I'm a glutton for punishment.  

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 18, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

I think it's too late for me. I just cant help myself. I know it makes it all the more painful but I'm a glutton for punishment. 
It's not like we have anything else to get excited about.

FPT

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2015, 10:59:25 AM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 18, 2015, 10:53:49 AM

because it's still a big gamble to take a defender from the lower leagues. Especially at that price.

Especially to start also. When a Premier League side can take a similar (but significantly smaller) sort of gamble on somebody that has played a tonne of games in France, Germany, Holland etc - you just wouldn't. Which is sad really because it's a route to English players - and from that can come profit. David Moyes made £17m on Joleon Lescott. Phil Jagielka moved to Everton for £4m after one season in the Premier League with Sheffield United and he's still playing for them whilst now an England international. David Moyes also signed John Stones, of which Everton will (eventually) make £30m+ from.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2015, 11:51:08 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 18, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

It's not like we have anything else to get excited about.

Oh I don't know - how about Chelsea & their manager imploding?
That's exciting!