watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When teams twig...

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, August 18, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

When other teams twig Ohara is our dynamo and everything good goes through him we are going to need to find a way of keeping him in space. I'm not a fan of crowding centre midfield but maybe playing hyndman, another passing midfield may be the answer. I hope the coaching staff are pre planning when teams just stick a man on Jamie as it's enviable.

McBride78

I think you throw someone else in...LVC has been ok but not impressed me in the last game.  I would openly support any of the following:

Your Hyndman plan is worth a shot....

Slot Carney over into the middle is an option.....

Perhaps place Carney in the #10 sport and move Ross up to the #9....Hyndman and O'Hara in mid and Kaca / LVC on wings

One thing you have hit on the head is that O'Hara has been brilliant, and even with his efforts we are not putting enough quality shots on goal.  Once people move to shut down his space I shudder to think what will happen.

Chutney

Hyndman and Ohara would work really well
C O Y W

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Chutney on August 18, 2015, 07:26:27 PM

I just worry for how long due to hyndman wanting out. I hope he is not too far gone as being and understudy and playing next to Jamie would bring him on leaps and bounds. Could make a huge difference to his career IMO for the positive.

Ordar

O'Hara must be one of, if not THE best player in the division. He could easily walk into a lot of premier league sides.

I'm not really worried about people working out that they need to stop him, he's very adept at making space and riding challenges. He's actually pretty strong.

He's a much much better player than people give him credit for. I don't exactly know what problems he had previously, but he's obviously got his act together and thank god we picked him up. I worry about the 1 year deal, I would already be thinking about a 2 year extension.

He was my pick for player of the season before the Palace game, and now is be amazed if anyone outplays him for the rest of the season

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Ordar on August 18, 2015, 07:39:38 PM
O'Hara must be one of, if not THE best player in the division. He could easily walk into a lot of premier league sides.

I'm not really worried about people working out that they need to stop him, he's very adept at making space and riding challenges. He's actually pretty strong.

He's a much much better player than people give him credit for. I don't exactly know what problems he had previously, but he's obviously got his act together and thank god we picked him up. I worry about the 1 year deal, I would already be thinking about a 2 year extension.

He was my pick for player of the season before the Palace game, and now is be amazed if anyone outplays him for the rest of the season

Yeah I hear you. He does have the class to make his own space but not letting teams only concentrate on him will make him from good to great IMO. He said he wanted to spend the rest of his career here. Let's make him put his money where his mouth is and as you sign him for two more years with and option for another. Having other teams worry about one of our players isn't a bad problem to have I just think we should plan for when he is closed down. Proactive planning rather than reactive can only be a good thing. Also agree he would walk into at least 4/5 PL starting 11's. Sign him up Kit sign him up.

filham

I want to see Parker and O'Hara in the centre of midfield with Christensen and Cairney alongside them, we may then be able to control the centre of the parek.

McBride78

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2015, 09:27:20 PM
I want to see Parker and O'Hara in the centre of midfield with Christensen and Cairney alongside them, we may then be able to control the centre of the parek.

I am not against this.  Parker and O'Hara I would like to see together.  I would put Cairney in front of them playing off of Ross as our striker.  LVC and whoever is in better form between Pringle and Kaca....

I know there is a lot of debate about Ross not being able to play up top alone.....I don't disagree.  That said, he has goals in him. 

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: McBride78 on August 18, 2015, 09:31:42 PM
Quote from: filham on August 18, 2015, 09:27:20 PM

I am not against this.  Parker and O'Hara I would like to see together.  I would put Cairney in front of them playing off of Ross as our striker.  LVC and whoever is in better form between Pringle and Kaca....

I know there is a lot of debate about Ross not being able to play up top alone.....I don't disagree.  That said, he has goals in him. 

Yes I agree with both posts. Parker has enough about him to compliment Ohara well. I think IF we could keep hyndman we should play him over Parker as he offers more and the two of them could be PL quality. Parker will never be that again. What a couple of players to learn from for hyndman. I think he should stay because of them. I doubt he would learn more, if he could earn more.

FPT

Reading this made me think about Danny Murphy and his midfield partners. Over the years it was mainly Jimmy Bullard, Dickson Etuhu, Chris Baird, Steve Sidwell and Mousa Dembele then Mahamadou Diarra for a short time. Murphy was always the lynchpin, even with the better ball players.

I'm don't believe the questions towards Lasse Vigen Christensen's performance this season, he's not playing the role he was last season. In the diamond, he were allowed the freedom to really attack and break behind the opposition lines - but in this he's got to be more balanced, the shackles are on him a little bit. He's always up there for touches of the ball, but the movement's not there yet ahead of him. Ross McCormack invisibility this season has cost the way our midfield can play so far as there's no floating constant which he should be.

Little side track there, but yes it's a little bit of an issue - but he's Premier League quality and our other players are too of a good standard, so I always see it as 'you put two men on Jamie, that's a man less elsewhere.'

As for other tactical options, I'd be intrigued in seeing a 352, especially should Tim Ream join for a left sided centre back role. Jazz Richards and Luke Garbutt as wing backs (possible even Ben Pringle for now), O'Hara, Christensen and Cairney in the middle behind Ross and other.

I would for sure be interested in Scott Parker and Jamie O'Hara as a partnership at some point. I think they could bounce off of each other quite well.

love4ffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 18, 2015, 07:29:07 PM

I just worry for how long due to hyndman wanting out. I hope he is not too far gone as being and understudy and playing next to Jamie would bring him on leaps and bounds. Could make a huge difference to his career IMO for the positive.

Perhaps if Kit started playing Hyndman he'd want to stay.  As Southwestwhite stated before, these lads want to play.  If Kit's not going to play then they're going to go somewhere they can play. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: love4ffc on August 18, 2015, 10:27:25 PM

Perhaps if Kit started playing Hyndman he'd want to stay.  As Southwestwhite stated before, these lads want to play.  If Kit's not going to play then they're going to go somewhere they can play. 

Yes. This. That's the point I was trying to make. Ohara and Parker can't be bad teachers if your playing with them.

love4ffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 18, 2015, 10:48:56 PM

Yes. This. That's the point I was trying to make. Ohara and Parker can't be bad teachers if your playing with them.

Think Ohara and Parker would be not only great teachers but excellent mentors as well.  Sadly don't think this is in Kit's plans. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

alfie

the trouble is you can't play everyone who wants to play, so the manager gets paid to make the decision on who he thinks is right at that particular time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't