watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The first Sunday football match

Started by SP, August 18, 2015, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Not so happy memories of this match, was there ever an enjoyable trip to the Den? I'd forgotten that entry was by programme.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/jan/23/first-sunday-football-1974-millwall-fulham

steve magnets

Do you know, I was actually there, and those millwall fans took a dislike Barry Lloyd if memory serves me, spitting, snarling, swearing....... and that was just the women!

Holders

They might have hosted the first Sunday league game but it was Fulham who kicked off (Alan Slough). I don't remember the admission by programme bit but I do remember we played in that awful lemon yellow strip - maybe an early indication of some of the dreadful strips to come 40 years later.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sir Alec of good Stock

Personally I enjoyed trips to Cold Blow Lane.

My first visit was in 72/73 when we won 3-1, they had Harry Cripps but we had Fred Callaghan!

I was at the Sunday game and I also remember a 3-0 victory which included a punch up during half time at the end opposite the Cold Blow Lane End with quite a few spilling on to the pitch.

grandad

I was there in the stands. The Millwall fans threw beer cans at us. The inbreds forgot that they were full. When we opened them we sprayed them Formula 1 style. Even the stewards were foul & abusive.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on August 19, 2015, 09:15:58 AM
Personally I enjoyed trips to Cold Blow Lane.

My first visit was in 72/73 when we won 3-1, they had Harry Cripps but we had Fred Callaghan!

I was at the Sunday game and I also remember a 3-0 victory which included a punch up during half time at the end opposite the Cold Blow Lane End with quite a few spilling on to the pitch.

I liked Fred a lot but, grudgingly, Cripps was quite a player.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria