more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (19/08/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 19, 2015, 08:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Taggart sticking with Fulham

Socceroos striker Adam Taggart says he's not currently entertaining a move away from Fulham despite reported interest from other clubs.

A-League clubs as well as Dutch outfit Roda JC have allegedly made enquiries about the 22-year-old in recent weeks.

After a promising pre-season where he scored against Hertha Berlin and set up another against Aston Villa, he is pressing for a Fulham competitive debut.

However, Taggart wasn't in either of Fulham's opening two matchday squads for the new Championship campaign, after an injury-ravaged first season at the club.

The former A-League Golden Boot winner suffered a minor hamstring niggle a fortnight ago, which forced him out of the season opener.

Taggart told FourFourTwo he is 100 per cent fit again and only thinking about breaking through at Fulham amid the transfer speculation.

"There's always going to be a bit of talk here and there - for me, all my focus is on Fulham," Taggart said.

"The circumstances haven't changed, if anything they've got better after this pre-season.

"Now I'm back fit, I'm ready to roll again."

Taggart was part of the Cottagers' squad which travelled to Portugal and Austria in pre-season where they faced strong clubs such as Hertha, Villa and Eintracht Frankfurt.

After last season's long-term groin injury, Taggart worked hard in pre-season to push his case after positive discussions with boss Kit Symons.

The youngster's progress during the Portugal and Austria trips has offered reason for optimism that his breakthrough isn't far off.

"Playing competitive games again against top opposition was nice to experience," Taggart said.

"It felt like it'd been a long time, but in those games it all came back pretty quickly.

"It was nothing but positive to be able to play in those games and get into the groove of playing quality opposition."

Fulham are ambitious about winning promotion to the Premier League, after slumping down to 17th in their first season back in the second tier. Taggart is confident, despite that, opportunities will be forthcoming.

"Last year collectively we didn't achieve anywhere near what we were hoping to," he said.

"Everyone is starting at a clean slate this season, everyone has had to fight for their position and that was exactly what I wanted to hear.
"I just hope I get given a fair chance against everybody else and that's what I'll continue to do now I'm back fit."

Taggart underwent a scan on his latest setback which had provided the all-clear. He insisted his absence was only precautionary.

The Socceroo injured the same hamstring upon his return to fitness following his groin issues last term and all parties had opted to err on the side of caution.

"The last thing you want to do is go and damage your hamstring in the first game of the season," he said.

"After last year's experience it was something I thought about carefully."

Fulham are next in action on Thursday morning (AEST) away to Hull City in the Championship.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/taggart-sticking-fulham#lE8Vszo1rCDZtmSD.99

WhiteJC

Fulham announces two year deal with multi-channel betting exchange

Fulham FC has appointed Coral as its Official Betting & Gaming Partner.

The two-year deal, with an option on a third year, will see the multi-channel betting and gaming operator become the sponsor of the Putney End Stand, while also providing betting services at Craven Cottage on matchdays.

Coral will have visible branding on the sides of the giant screen and TV gantry of the Putney End Stand. In addition, betting booths will be located around the stadium whilst the Coral brand will appear on in-stadium marketing rights consisting of LED pitch perimeter advertising and logo presence on the interview backdrop.

Matt Prevost, Brand Director, Coral said: "We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Fulham Football Club. We look forward to offering Fulham fans the very best service for online, retail and mobile betting as well as in-stadia betting kiosks at Craven Cottage.

"It promises to be an exciting season ahead for the Whites, and everyone at Coral wishes the manager, players and all the fans the very best of luck."

Fulham Football Club CEO, Alistair Mackintosh, added: "I am delighted that Coral has joined as the Club's Betting & Gaming Partner where they will enjoy significant brand exposure at our iconic ground. We look forward to working with Coral and creating a strong partnership over the coming years."

https://bdaily.co.uk/business-in-sport/11-08-2015/fulham-announces-two-year-deal-with-multi-channel-betting-exchange/?

WhiteJC

Newcastle United and Fulham target Lewis Dunk has Huddersfield Town in his sights for Brighton

Chris Hughton expects him to be available

Brighton boss Chris Hughton insists reported Newcastle target Lewis Dunk will be involved against Huddersfield Town tonight.

Defender Dunk was left on the bench for Saturday's 2-1 win at Fulham, another of the clubs linked with the highly-rated 23-year-old.

Hughton instead opted to hand a debut to German centre-half Uwe Hunemeier as the Seagulls made it two wins out of two to top the early Skybet Championship table.

Hughton told the club website: "It is part of the job I do; I have to make decisions. With Uwe coming in, and being as good as he is and having played at the level he has played at, I had to think about what was the right combination and I felt Gordon (Greer) and Uwe were the best fit.

"It was my decision to do that and sometimes you have to look at games, and if this was a different type of game then maybe I would have looked at a different type of combination.

"But these are the decisions I make and hope they turn out right on the day. Now we move on and look forward to the next game and I expect Dunk to be available and part of the squad."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-fulham-target-lewis-9877932?

WhiteJC

Fulham make new bid for Brighton's Lewis Dunk

HITC Sport understands Fulham have made a new £5 million bid for Brighton and Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk.

Fulham are finally close to sealing the signing of Brighton's Lewis Dunk after upping their offer for the defender to £5 million, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Fulham have been chasing Dunk all summer with Kit Symons targeting him as the man to solve the club's defensive problems.

Fulham had the second worst defensive record in the Championship last season and Symons is keen to shore up his backline as he looks to mount a bid for promotion this season.

Dunk is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the country and a number of Premier League sides have been keeping tabs on the player.

Brighton have rejected several offers from Fulham for Dunk this summer as they look to keep hold of the 23-year-old, but Symons has refused to give up on his top target.

Dunk was on the bench for Brighton's win over Fulham last weekend due to the speculation over his future, but Fulham are hopeful their latest bid will persuade Brighton to sell the defender.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/18/fulham-make-new-bid-for-brightons-lewis-dunk/?

WhiteJC

Dunk: another perspective

It occurred to me the other day that I've been a football fan for 30 years now. That's a long time. I know some of you can top it easily, but still. I can place this because I remember a very specific game.

1985, England v Republic of Ireland, at Wembley. Back then there wasn't much football on TV, and so you had to do the whole radio thing. And of course in many ways that's better anyway.

So here I was with my little weetabix radio, listening to the game in bed.

Gary Lineker scored.  Trevor Steven got another.  I was so excited!

People will tell you that football wasn't what it is today, that it wasn't a mass participation thing, that it wasn't trendy or wasn't for everyone, but that's not what I remember.  All the kids I knew played, listened, discussed.  I remember at infant school, the dinner lady, Mrs Wakefield, telling me at lunchtime how Kenny Dalglish had been sent off the night before.  "Retaliation", she said. I didn't know what that was, but when she explained I couldn't quite believe it.  The violence!  The conflict of emotions... so it wasn't Dalglish who started it, but he fought back.  That's good is it?  No, clearly not.  Man.

I can date this to 7th November 1984 I believe.  A game against Benfica.  I think we remember lots of things when we're 8 or 9.  Me, like all the kids in the village back then, I had a Liverpool shirt and I stuck a big 7 on the back in tribute to Kenny Dalglish, "the creator supreme" as he was christened on one particular piece of commentary on my "history of Liverpool FC" video tape, which had a montage of Dalglish to Rush clips, many of which I would then hold in my mind and replay on long journeys in the car.  They'd also find their way into my exercise books at school, in the form of stick man diagrams.

In fact, who am I kidding?  I still do this.  The below is from my work notebook and were drawn, ahem, last Wednesday. So yeah, Dunk, eh? Good stuff.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/dunk-another-perspective/?

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder Jamie O'Hara - aka the 'Putney Pirlo' out to prove Wolves wrong

Whites midfielder has point to prove, says Kit Symons

New start: Jamie O'Hara
His girlfriend has apparently dubbed him the 'Putney Pirlo' - but Kit Symons is glad the man in question is just plain old Jamie O'Hara.

It bothers the Fulham boss not a jot his new midfielder looks nothing like the Italian legend, but it made all the difference when O'Hara and the gaffer sat face-to-face.

The former Wolves and Spurs man convinced Symons he was the man for the job and won himself a contract by breaking his back pre-season without pay.

The real deal: Andrea Pirlo nowhere near Putney
O'Hara's last three seasons have been checkered to say the least. He was a hate figure for Wolves fans as he and they suffered before he departed August last year.

He also got it in the neck from ex-wife and model Danielle Lloyd who spelled out in national newspapers what she thought of him.

Battle: Wolves' Jamie O'Hara in action against Fulham's Danny Murphy
And though he was player-of-the-season at relegated Blackpool last term, he was on the mountainous list of free transfers by May.

Symons explained what happened next.

"He wanted to prove people wrong and that's a great motivation," the manager said. "He came in off his own back, but I like to eyeball new players and find out how committed they are.

Passion: Jamie O'Hara (R)
"He really sold himself by just how passionate he sounded. Things didn't go so well for him at Wolves, although he played well at Blackpool in a struggling side.

"He wasn't getting paid with us, but he worked his socks off pre-season.

"I knew he could play, but that wasn't the question. I wanted players who are motivated and driven and he's proved himself to be that."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-midfielder-jamie-ohara-aka-9873255?

WhiteJC

Goal Cam: Brighton and Hove Albion

Watch Tom Cairney's sublime strike against Brighton from our goal-line cameras, as both keepers showed their emotions.

And here's the reaction from behind the goal at the Hammersmith End...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/18/goal-cam?

WhiteJC

Fulham need to keep calm and remain positive

Two weeks in and having taken one point from a possible six we are already seeing the frankly embarrassing cries for Kit to leave the club. Of course there are some who feel we should never have stuck by the Welshman in the first place but despite the obvious weaknesses in the current side, there are grounds for some positivity.

There are many rightfully bemoaning the lack of investment, particularly with view to our back four, but these things take time. The likelihood is that there will be a number of defenders joining soon but it is equally important that they are the right ones rather than the ones right now.

Had Brighton not been awarded a last minute penalty on Saturday then all of the talk would have been about the strong second half performance and how the three points should have been ours. In O'Hara, Cairney and Christensen we seem to have a hard working and combative midfield that is a vast improvement on last year.

There are still questions around many of Kit's decisions but for the record I was not as outraged with the choice to substitute Matt Smith against Brighton as apparently many of you were. Not because I felt it was the right decision but more because it appeared to me that Smith had a shoulder/arm issue and, given his effectiveness, the move was presumably precautionary more than anything else.

Additionally, had Garbutt not suffered the unfortunate injury against Palace in pre-season then the same fans berating Symons for playing the likes of Vosser at left-back may well have been singing his praises for such a good bit of business.

As per usual it was very much a game of two halves against Brighton. Smith was winning plenty in the air but on few occasions did we gamble to get on the end of them. Pringle in particular seemed lost at times and there was a noticeable difference in the pace of our attacks when Kacaniklic replaced him in the second half.

Clearly McCormack is yet to hit form this season and, as a club, we have to come to terms with the fact that a lot of the time our performances are always going to be dictated by the levels of his. It is a tribute to the passing range of O'Hara in particular though that this term Ross is having to drop a lot less deep than he has in the past, so naturally it may take a little longer to become effective in his new role.

Had the performance been one of few chances and minimal possession then I may find myself more sympathetic to those bemoaning "another home defeat". Instead though we need to understand that while a start to the campaign like last year's would indeed be unacceptable, we look more like a team who are just a few signings away from building something with longevity and potential than one in complete disarray.

Should we go in to September with no further additions in defence then I may well find myself joining those of you questioning the lack of investment. But for now I am hopeful that those in the pipeline will prove to be as well thought out as the acquisitions Symons has made so far this summer.

How about we get behind the team, give Kit some time and remember that while Magath was detrimental to our plight last term, his removal does not suddenly mean we are a team primed for promotion this time round.

COYW!!

http://www.shoot.co.uk/fulham-need-to-keep-calm-and-remain-positive/?

WhiteJC

Capital One Cup Tickets

Tickets are now on sale for the Whites' Second Round Capital One Cup tie against Sheffield United.

Fulham will entertain the Sky Bet League One side at Craven Cottage on Tuesday 25th August, 7.45pm.

Tickets are priced from £10 for adults and just £1 in all areas for juniors. All ticket prices will increase on matchday. Season Ticket Holders have until 10am Friday 21st August to keep their existing seat - after this time all seats will be released for General Sale.

The Whites advanced from Round One following victory away at Wycombe Wanderers, while the Blades defeated Morecambe with a 1-0 win.

Buy Online
Matchday Hospitality packages are also available to purchase at this fixture.

Take up residence in one of our Executive Suites, where you'll feast on a buffet served pre-game, enjoy complimentary drinks, as well as have the opportunity to watch all the action from balcony seats. With capacity for up to 10 guests, in a special Cup Game offer, an Executive Suite at this fixture costs just £746 (+VAT).

Alternatively, our Chairman's Club provides supporters with a lively atmosphere, great food and drink and seats located on the halfway line of the Riverside Stand. Prices here start from £65 per person (+VAT).

Buy online, or call our dedicated Hospitality team today on (+44) 020 8336 7555, 9am to 5.30pm, Mon-Fri.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/18/blades-tickets?

WhiteJC

Preview: Hull City vs. Fulham

Two of the most expensive squads in the Championship go head to head on Wednesday night as Hull City welcome Fulham to the KC Stadium.

While newly-relegated Hull have started the season well, Fulham are without a league win and reeling after late heartbreak on Saturday.

HullHull boss Steve Bruce is all smiles ahead of his side's encounter with Wolves on August 16, 2015
Both Hull and Wolverhampton Wanderers went into Sunday's game at Molineux with 100% starts to the season and both lost those records as a 1-1 draw was played out.

Hull led at the break thanks to Nikica Jelavic's penalty and might have left with the points had Allan McGregor not made a comical error to gift Wolves their equaliser.

It means that Hull are one of eight clubs on four points after two games, trailing early leaders Brighton & Hove Albion, the only side with two wins out of two, by a couple of points.

They also progressed on penalties against Accrington Stanley in the Capital One Cup first round, but Steve Bruce will want his side to create more chances in the league.

Only three teams created fewer chances in the first two games, while McGregor's blooper means that the Tigers have made more defensive errors than anyone else in the league (four).

Bruce's side beat Huddersfield Town 2-0 in their opening game of the season at home and have kept a clean sheet in three of their last five matches at the KC Stadium.

Recent form: WWD

FulhamFulham caretaker manager Kit Symons looks on during the Capital One Cup Third Round match between Fulham and Doncaster Rovers at Craven Cottage on September 23, 2014
But for two late goals, Fulham would, like Hull, be on four points after two games.

Kit Symons's men conceded a late equaliser against Cardiff City on the opening weekend and were then denied anything when league leaders Brighton scored a 94th-minute penalty at Craven Cottage last weekend.

Tom Cairney scored his first goal for his new club with a stunning effort to level the scores at the weekend, but Fulham came away with nothing after Sam Hutchinson's rash challenge on Kazenga LuaLua.

Star striker Ross McCormack is yet to get off the mark having played every minute of the Cottagers' opening three games, including the 1-0 win at Wycombe Wanderers in the League Cup last week.

Strike partner Matt Smith has looked more dangerous and in the first two matchdays has attempted more shots at goal (nine) than any other player in the league.

Recent form: DWL

Team NewsAllan McGregor for Hull on August 24, 2014
McGregor's howler is unlikely to cost him his place between the sticks, with Bruce backing his number one to recover from the gaffe.

Bruce will have to choose between Isaac Hayden and David Meyler to partner Tom Huddlestone in midfield, the latter likely to play despite being linked with a move back to the Premier League.

Abel Hernandez is available for selection after serving a three-match ban for punching Manchester United's Phil Jones on the final day of last season, but he is unlikely to play given the form of Jelavic and Chuba Akpom.

Fulham conceded the second-most goals in the league last season and they are yet to keep a clean sheet this term. Symons could therefore make a change at the back, with Dan Burn pushing for a start.

Everton loanee Luke Garbutt remains out, while Scott Parker remains unavailable despite returning to training.

Hull possible starting lineup:
McGregor; Odubajo, Davies, Dawson, Robertson; Elmohamady, Hayden, Huddlestone, Clucas; Jelavic, Akpom

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Bettinelli; Richards, Bodurov, Burn, Voser; Christensen, O'Hara, Cairney, Pringle; McCormack, Smith

Head To Head
The Tigers have won their last three games against Fulham at the KC Stadium, scoring 10 goals in the process. The last encounter was a thumping 6-0 win for Bruce's side in December 2013.

In fact, Fulham have won just one of their last six league matches against Hull, with the most recent meeting - a 2-2 draw - also laden with goals.

We say: Hull 3-1 Fulham

Both teams have menacing frontlines and there could be goals in this one. Hull have started the stronger so we're siding with them to continue their unbeaten start and extend Fulham's wait for a first league win.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hull-city/preview/preview-hull-city-vs-fulham_240079.html?

WhiteJC

Hull City v Fulham

Record signing Abel Hernandez will return to the Hull squad to face Fulham on Wednesday.

Hernandez has completed the three-match suspension he received for punching Manchester United's Phil Jones on the final day of last season.

However the Uruguayan is not expected to start with loan signing Chuba Akpom looking to continue his fine early season form alongside Nikica Jelavic.

Sam Clucas, Isaac Hayden and David Meyler are all expected to recover from minor knocks they sustained in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Wolves.

Fulham have no fresh injury concerns for the trip to the KC Stadium.

Jack Grimmer had an operation on Monday on the ankle he injured against Wycombe and it remains to be seen how long the defender will be out.

Luke Garbutt, Scott Parker (both ankle), George Williams (cruciate ligament) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee) are still unavailable.

Parker is back in training, but the former England midfielder is still not in contention.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-preview/339560/-?

WhiteJC

American Tim Ream agrees four-year deal with Fulham - sources

American defender Tim Ream has passed his medical and agreed a four-year deal at Fulham, sources have told ESPN FC.

Ream will move from Bolton Wanderers after Fulham hijacked his transfer to Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers, sources said.

Ream held talks with QPR officials after they agreed a £1.4 million ($2.19m) fee with Bolton last week, but Fulham moved quickly to match QPR's offer as they battled for the centre-back's signature.

Fulham impressed Ream during talks over the weekend and have persuaded the 27-year-old to move to Craven Cottage ahead of Loftus Road.

Bolton boss Neil Lennon was reluctant to lose Ream with the defender establishing himself as a key man at the club, having won the Player of the Season award for the last two years.

However, because of their financial constraints Bolton have been forced to cash in on Ream to enable them to raise funds to strengthen the squad elsewhere.

Ream is set to finalise his move to Fulham once he sorts out his visa and his arrival will come as a major boost to Kit Symons as he looks to build a side capable of winning promotion back to the Premier League.

The former New York Red Bulls player has made 15 appearances for the United States. He started two games at left-back for the U.S. in this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

He will join U.S. under-20 captain Emerson Hyndman and under-17 midfielder Luca de la Torre at Fulham as the latest in a long line of Yanks to play for the London club, following in the footsteps of such players as Clint Dempsey, Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2569827/american-tim-ream-agrees-four-year-deal-with-fulham--sources?

WhiteJC

Hull City v Fulham

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: KC Stadium Date: Wednesday, 19 August Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Listen to updates on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio and text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Hull striker Abel Hernandez returns after a three-match ban for punching Manchester United defender Phil Jones on the final day of last season.

Sam Clucas, Isaac Hayden and David Meyler are all expected to recover from knocks they sustained on Saturday.

Fulham have no fresh injury concerns for their trip to the KC Stadium.

Luke Garbutt, Scott Parker, Jack Grimmer (all ankle), George Williams (cruciate ligament) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee) are unavailable.

MATCH FACTS

The Tigers have won their past three games against Fulham at the KC Stadium, scoring 10 goals in the process.
Fulham have recorded just one victory in their past six matches against Hull in the league (D1 L4).
Hull have kept a clean sheet in three of their past five games at the KC Stadium.
Fulham's Matt Smith has attempted more shots (excluding those blocked) from the opening two Championship games than any other player (nine).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33874133

WhiteJC

Improved Dunk Offer?

Reports are claiming Fulham have made an improved offer for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk, having seen previous approaches rejected by our Championship rivals during the summer.

If sources at HITC are correct it's understood a £5m offer has gone in for Dunk, incidentally on the bench again for Brighton tonight as he was on Saturday when Albion beat the Whites.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton's repeatedly said the 23-year-old defender, who is also being linked with a Premier League move to Newcastle and had previously courted the attentions of Steve McClaren when he was boss at Derby, isn't for sale but as we know every player has his price!

Will £5m be that for Dunk to bring him to Craven Cottage?

Who knows, I'm always very sceptical when 'a source' is claimed, more so when they are said to be 'close to the club' yet no concrete evidence is given....

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=409952#ixzz3jFBuDmo1

WhiteJC

PREVIEW: City v Fulham

Victory this evening, and City could go top of the Championship.

Yes yes, it's far too early to be troubled by League tables. They shouldn't really have dashed lines added to them until the clocks change. And it'll probably take a two goal victory anyway.

But still...wouldn't it be nice? There isn't quite a sense of gloom surrounding City at the moment, more a sort of pensiveness. No-one, including Steve Bruce, can be sure who's actually going to be here when the table does become meaningful. Perhaps the fillip of going top does have something to be said for it.

However that's assuming Fulham turn up and thoughtfully roll over for us. It's hard to imagine that happening. Their start – and it's barely even a start with 44 games remaining – has been modest, drawing at Cardiff before a home defeat to Brighton, sandwiching a League Cup win at Wycombe. You'd hope for more. But a victory at the KC tonight against a side favoured by many for promotion, and their opening to 2015/16 rapidly assumes a brighter hue.

Fulham haven't prospered in East Yorkshire of late. After a lengthy separation we resumed occasional contact in 2008/9, and all three of their latest visits to Hull have been defeats, most notably and recently that 6-0 annihiliation in December 2013. Only once in six Premier League encounters did the Cottagers best the Tigers.

Adopting a wider view, the records are about level, City winning 33 to Fulham's 29 of a total of 89 meetings since 1908. That may have little bearing on tonight, but team news will: City are awaiting fitness reports on Clucas, Meyler and Hayden – all suffered knocks in the draw at Wolves on Sunday, though most (if not all) are expected to be fit. Meanwhile, Abel Hernández is available for the first time this season after serving the suspension he picked up on the final day of last season, though whether the want-away striker is worth a place is another matter.

Fulham's injury list concerns the longer-term unavailable, with Fernando Amorebieta , Luke Garbutt, Jack Grimmer, Scott Parker and George Williams all missing.

At a best priced 7/10, City are strong favourites to make it seven points from three games, while Fulham's hopes of matching us on four are as long as 11/2. Equivocators can get the draw at 3/1. And are we allowed to mention that Derby's moderate start to the season has pushed us back to second favourites for the title (7/1)? Oops.

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2015/08/preview-city-v-fulham-2/?