watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I will be surprised...

Started by JackyFulham90, August 19, 2015, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

If we sign either of Tarkowski or Dunk. I'm not hating on the club we strengthened our midfield this summer I just have a feeling Ream will be the only defensive signing this window (I hope I'm wrong)

The way Symons will look at it is he will have enough depth with Ream coming in.

Richards      Hutchinson     Ream        Garbutt

Voser            Bodurov         Burn          Kavanagh

Hope I'm wrong but can't see us bringing in another defender after Tim Ream.

Wimbledon_White

Tarkowski is being talked about again today; the Moose on TalkSport (who does seem to have decent sources and is well-liked in the industry) is suggesting we are doing a deal with Brentford as we speak.

Who knows...

Baszab

At the risk of being positive - I would be surprised if we don't sign another CB - this has been KS intention all summer

Benham is an idiot, he has constantly been asking for £8m - and it looks like FFC are also playing hardball by offering in the region of £1.5m

It's a shame because Tarkowski wants to leave - as many players do at Brentford where they are unhappy with the new regime

Chutney

We need to replace hutchinson, he's bad at football.
C O Y W

Skatzoffc

Hopefully he does want to leave.

If that's the case they will have to let him go. Just how much for?
I thought their other cb got injured tho. So I they will be loath to lose him. Is that not the case?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

J.Perkins

Quote from: Chutney on August 19, 2015, 09:48:38 AM

He really isn't. That tackle masked what was a very decent game for him. He has looked must more solid this season.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 19, 2015, 09:53:20 AM

He really isn't. That tackle masked what was a very decent game for him. He has looked must more solid this season.

yes but what a tackle it was. absolutely dreadful. memories of reither agaisnt liverpool in our relegation season.

alexbishop

Happy with Hutch and Burn as our back-up centre backs. Bodruv can be 5th choice. Think we need a new centre back pairing so need two new centre backs.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

westcliff white

Generally I would agree he had a decent game, but Hutch's problem is he makes stupid mistakes, there was no need to make that tackle on Saturday and it isnt the first time he has made this type of mess up.
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Bod is our worst defender and needs to be shipped out. Hutch/Burn should be our starting CBs, but would ideally be backups to a better first choice pairing.

I'd love to see us bring in an experienced player (Stearman/Collins/Turner) to partner a younger signing (Tark/Dunk/Lascelles), giving us a better balance/organisation along our back line.

Swiss72

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 19, 2015, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on August 19, 2015, 09:53:20 AM

yes but what a tackle it was. absolutely dreadful. memories of reither agaisnt liverpool in our relegation season.

Or when Hutchinson got sent off against Blackburn at home last September.  He has the tendency to do one or two awful tackles in various places on the pitch.

FPT

I've just been tweeting about the idea of signing three left sided centre backs. I can't see us signing Lewis Dunk, James Tarkowski and Tim Ream; but then I did start spitballing about Tim Ream could be seen a squad player, covering left back, centre back and defensive mind - and the possibility of one of Dunk or Tarkowski shuffling over the right hand side of central defence.

And like others have said, I'd look to sell Nikolay Bodurov, though he's the only defender we have of that type, he's also appalling. Also, Fernando Amorebieta is still contracted to us, it would be a huge positive for the wage bill were we to get somebody to take him off of our hands. A little worry that our most experienced centre back would be Shaun Hutchinson but then I'd rather have four young centre backs that can grow than two old centre backs that are awful. I do think an older guy would be a little cheaper though, somebody like a Michael Turner who has promotion experience (twice I believe).

McBride78

The one advantage with Ream at LB over Garbutt, Ream is on a 4 year deal and Luke is a loan.  If Ream is equal or better, I would play Ream there.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 19, 2015, 01:41:26 PM
The cunning plan then, must be to bring Ream in at LB, Dunk and Tark, CB, and then Gayle up front, with Buckley and Antonio on the wings.

You forgot our interest in Gareth Bale as the creator in chief.