watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, August 19, 2015, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I have particularly fond memories of our last two engagements with Hull. (Incidentally they were our first ever league opponents at the Cottage...in 1907....lost 0-1). Conceding 6 second half goals at their place and then losing a 2-0 lead at home that virtually sealed our demotion.  :doh: However always the optimist....1-2. 

092.gif

ron

I didn't see you at the 1907 game bog....I was third row of railway sleepers up on the riverside bank halfway along.

You couldn't miss me...I was wearing a flat cap and a waistcoat.........

bog

A Fulhamish night Woolly? That would do me.

092.gif

bog

Was that you Ron? I got in half price for pensioners... 092.gif and Wolley, was that you singing those bawdy songs?

092.gif

Burt

That last-minute 0-1 loss at home when we had battered them for 90 minutes, along with the 0-6 result in our relegation season, haunts me to this day. A good result tonight will be very restorative...

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on August 19, 2015, 11:21:27 AM
That last-minute 0-1 loss at home when we had battered them for 90 minutes, along with the 0-6 result in our relegation season, haunts me to this day. A good result tonight will be very restorative...
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

filham

Think back to our cup final season when we played Hull five times and the aggregate score over all games was 5-5. It was of course the beginning of our great cup run but in all honesty the Hull games were rather boring and after the three cup ties no one was really predicting a final for Fulham

I think tonight will be a dour battle with us struggling again to get a shot on target and probably coming home without a point or a goal

Of course if we turn out to be 4-3 winners I will be on top of the world.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: filham on August 19, 2015, 12:34:14 PM
Think back to our cup final season when we played Hull five times and the aggregate score over all games was 5-5. It was of course the beginning of our great cup run but in all honesty the Hull games were rather boring and after the three cup ties no one was really predicting a final for Fulham

I think tonight will be a dour battle with us struggling again to get a shot on target and probably coming home without a point or a goal

Not wishing to be pedantic but........it was actually 6-6 over the 74/75 season. I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to see them all and the highlight was Alan Slough's winner in the 2nd replay at Filbert Street (neutral ground).

Another thing I remember is that before the first cup game at Craven Cottage, the announcer reminding us to keep the FA Cup vouchers on the back page of the programme for when we got to Wembley-we all laughed!

Logicalman

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on August 19, 2015, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: filham on August 19, 2015, 12:34:14 PM

Not wishing to be pedantic but........it was actually 6-6 over the 74/75 season. I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to see them all and the highlight was Alan Slough's winner in the 2nd replay at Filbert Street (neutral ground).

Another thing I remember is that before the first cup game at Craven Cottage, the announcer reminding us to keep the FA Cup vouchers on the back page of the programme for when we got to Wembley-we all laughed!

yeah, I laughed all the way to picking up my ticket. I recall those vouchers with pride, as I did the day we watched the team come onto the Wembley turf, led out by your good self !
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.