watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Take a break from Kit/Dunk/Hull/formations etc

Started by Tempest, August 19, 2015, 10:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Which decade of football like to either witness for the first time or bring back?

Would loved to have experienced the inaugral years when the first football league was created and also the 30's/40's seemed to throw up some incredibly high scoring games on a regular basis.

Loved the atmosphere at the cottage in the 80's, crowds although smaller seemed to produce a different atmosphere, more banter between the two sets of fans.
Live in Falmouth!

bog

No doubt about it. The '50's. Goals galore. One season we beat Swansea 7-3 at home and 5-4 away! Big crowds never any trouble. Never segregation. That's the one for me.

092.gif   

Burt

I liked the mid 70s when you could stand where you want, the pitches were mudbaths, and the game had real characters in it rather than over-paid primadonas.

grandad

Quote from: bog on August 19, 2015, 10:12:00 AM
No doubt about it. The '50's. Goals galore. One season we beat Swansea 7-3 at home and 5-4 away! Big crowds never any trouble. Never segregation. That's the one for me.

092.gif   

:plus one:  092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

I liked the 70s. Was living in Putney, walked to many games (midweek because I always played on Saturday afternoon). Great characters and the best manager (Alec Stock) until Roy came along. What a day out the cup final was.

nose

I liked virtually every season except for the last two where our club's absolutely pathetic management deprived me of my usual insane optimism. I suspect this season will fall into the same category.

However if I was to want to recreate an era then it was Malcolm macdonald's first two full seasons in charge. We played the best football i have seen at fulham using a small squad and a very committed team. But for an owner that would not cough up the money to but andy thomas and a disgraceful final game at derby we would/should have gone up

I also loved the mickey adams era and when MAF joined.

The link with all these was the art of the positive, there was never a doubt these three believed that success was possible.

and any other in the old first division or more recent premier league.