watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The case for the defense of Kit surely has now been rested

Started by YoungsBitter, August 19, 2015, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

I am sure he is nice guy. Now we have got that out of the way...
This is based only on circumstantial evidence but:
1. Can't motivate the players - we come out cold every game
2. The players don't buy into his tactics - we play crap first half following his instructions then go to plan B sceond half
3. Has not sorted whether we defend like Hodgson Fulham teams - from the front, in tight formation - or like Saints/Swansea/Bmouth etc with high fast pressing - instead we do a bit of both and get passed through and conceded stupid goals.
4. Has not sorted out set piece defending other than having Matt Smith back at corners
5. Has too slow an attacking pair as he insists on playing Smith ( see 4 above) and McCormack together
6. Has not got fitness to acceptable levels - see Smith and McCormack for examples
7. Still does not understand what a sub is for other than if someone is hurt. ( Cardiff 1 sub, Brighton 2 subs, Hull 2 plus Kaca in 87 minutes)
8. Cannot make tactical changes on the fly and gets out-coached every game - eg making subs, changing approach and winning games in final 10 minutes
9. Cannot build confidence in young future impact players - Mousa, Hindeman, Roberts - none have confidence that they will play or will improve under him.
10. Plays favorites - Richards, Kavanagh, Woodrow played many games when other better choices available to him

So if top 6 is our stated goal this guy will not get us there. I am not even blaming him for the lack of signings of CB or a pacier alternative to Smith, I think thats Rigg and Ali Mac. Time to move on. If not please explain why.
Quark, strangeness and charm

jimmyc19

fulhamben

Number 4. Watch the first goal, Smith is in the middle of the goal on the 6 yard line marking absolutely no one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2015, 10:25:14 PM
Number 4. Watch the first goal, Smith is in the middle of the goal on the 6 yard line marking absolutely no one
Presumably where Kit and Pembo told him to stand

fulhamben

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2015, 10:25:14 PM
Presumably where Kit and Pembo told him to stand
yes probably, but what's the point
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Reznor

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2015, 10:20:33 PM
2. The players don't buy into his tactics - we play crap first half following his instructions then go to plan B sceond half
3. Has not sorted whether we defend like Hodgson Fulham teams - from the front, in tight formation - or like Saints/Swansea/Bmouth etc with high fast pressing - instead we do a bit of both and get passed through and conceded stupid goals.
4. Has not sorted out set piece defending other than having Matt Smith back at corners
5. Has too slow an attacking pair as he insists on playing Smith ( see 4 above) and McCormack together
6. Has not got fitness to acceptable levels - see Smith and McCormack for examples
7. Still does not understand what a sub is for other than if someone is hurt. ( Cardiff 1 sub, Brighton 2 subs, Hull 2 plus Kaca in 87 minutes)
8. Cannot make tactical changes on the fly and gets out-coached every game - eg making subs, changing approach and winning games in final 10 minutes
9. Cannot build confidence in young future impact players - Mousa, Hindeman, Roberts - none have confidence that they will play or will improve under him.
10. Plays favorites - Richards, Kavanagh, Woodrow played many games when other better choices available to him

So if top 6 is our stated goal this guy will not get us there. I am not even blaming him for the lack of signings of CB or a pacier alternative to Smith, I think thats Rigg and Ali Mac. Time to move on. If not please explain why.

Good points. Those that attempt to defend Kit usually do so on the back of his success with the under 21's but if you talk to anyone in the game you would know that is a million miles from being successful with a first team in a high division. The better teams use their under 21's to groom players for the first team and do not worry about actual success for the under 21 team. Having a winning under 21 team is not the recipe people think it is for first team success. I think Kit would struggle in league 2 even with a decent squad at his disposal for that league. Even with the squad we have here at Fulham he would stuggle to get promoted from league 2.

Max Headroom

It really upsets me the way we are playing at the moment. The talent is there, but we are clueless. And we are losing the youngsters

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Reznor on August 19, 2015, 10:33:16 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2015, 10:20:33 PM

Good points. Those that attempt to defend Kit usually do so on the back of his success with the under 21's but if you talk to anyone in the game you would know that is a million miles from being successful with a first team in a high division. The better teams use their under 21's to groom players for the first team and do not worry about actual success for the under 21 team. Having a winning under 21 team is not the recipe people think it is for first team success. I think Kit would struggle in league 2 even with a decent squad at his disposal for that league. Even with the squad we have here at Fulham he would stuggle to get promoted from league 2.
I think it was MJG who mentioned that at U21 he never made subs other than if the first team was rotating someone back to fitness and had been told X gets 60 mins. So no training for the current role's needs no, I agree

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 19, 2015, 10:34:30 PM
It really upsets me the way we are playing at the moment. The talent is there, but we are clueless. And we are losing the youngsters
Actually the sadness to me is that the club is trying to sort stuff out, we have added quality and at times in each game we have played well, but Kit is clueless and some of the players - McCormack in my mind - know it.

Barrie

good post, I concur also.  Time to go Kit now please.

steve magnets

Many moons ago I used to umpteen members of staff working for me, and always appreciated those who tried to do there best. But some failed, so my boss would say lose them, ah but they try si hard I would say, but would you miss them, he would ask

Northern Cottager

Absolutely agree. We need to remove the losing mentality from this club.

Domino1879

I struggle to see any improvement at all.
On paper we should be really strong, but on the pitch we look lost.
Simply not playing as a team.