News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Can We Recruit Anyone Worthwhile With This Record?

Started by Forever Fulham, August 19, 2015, 11:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 19, 2015, 11:06:04 PM
This is just compounding the problem.

This is the Domino effect that can happen, trying to attract players to come and play for a struggling team.
On top of that, I am afraid that what decent player would really be interested in playing for our current manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 12:36:51 AM

This is the Domino effect that can happen, trying to attract players to come and play for a struggling team.
On top of that, I am afraid that what decent player would really be interested in playing for our current manager.
Thats the real worry for me, he is not credible and no-one wants to sign on for a guy who is then gone, in case you get the surprise that Lewis Holtby had when Magath turned up...I think he has lost some of the existing group too. McCormack's interview last week pointedly never referred to him once and attributed the difference between the start of the this season and last as down to change out of playing staff - not the 'Gaffer' or anything
Quark, strangeness and charm

Arthur

This is a genuine concern.

Players of the calibre of Gayle and Dunk are surely only going to join us if they believe that there is a decent chance of promotion. Instead, can they even be confident that Kit will be our manager in six weeks' time?

We have to hope that Rigg can put a shine on the turd that is our start to the season.

Slaphead in Qatar

true - why would a good, ambitious player want to come to us at the moment unless we offer inflated wages.

BestOfBrede