News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons on the injuries, the fightback and letting it slip....

Started by os5889 mkII, August 19, 2015, 11:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2015, 08:50:15 AM
When we signed Pringle everyone on here was raving about the lad, and we signed him from a side that didnt get relegated, almost did but they survived just about like we did. He can deliver a cross no doubt about it, but he isnt an architectural left midfield player, although that's where he played for Rotherham. Maybe their style suited him better? but lets give the lad time, maybe our tactics will change of we have a pacey forward up front, I assume Dembele will play there given that Smith is injured and that will mean a change in style. Of course we could play our 20 goal man up there but then that would be silly wouldnt it

Regarding Pringle the one thing that would note is that when defending he has been put on his bum by Noone which led to a chance to shoot (1-1), was exposed for the cross leading to Baldocks goal (1-1) and looked reall uncomfortable in that edge of the box scramble last night (2-1).

Maybe having a more authoritative LB behind him like Ream will go some way to helping out there.
@OsmithFFC

fulhamben

Quote from: os5889 mkII on August 20, 2015, 09:08:27 AM
When we signed Pringle everyone on here was raving about the lad, and we signed him from a side that didnt get relegated, almost did but they survived just about like we did. He can deliver a cross no doubt about it, but he isnt an architectural left midfield player, although that's where he played for Rotherham. Maybe their style suited him better? but lets give the lad time, maybe our tactics will change of we have a pacey forward up front, I assume Dembele will play there given that Smith is injured and that will mean a change in style. Of course we could play our 20 goal man up there but then that would be silly wouldnt it

Regarding Pringle the one thing that would note is that when defending he has been put on his bum by Noone which led to a chance to shoot (1-1), was exposed for the cross leading to Baldocks goal (1-1) and looked reall uncomfortable in that edge of the box scramble last night (2-1).

Maybe having a more authoritative LB behind him like Ream will go some way to helping out there.
funny that, all pre season the talk has been that the new midfield will help out the defence more and make them better.now we need better defenders to help out our midfield to make them look better
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

os5889 mkII

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 09:11:54 AM

funny that, all pre season the talk has been that the new midfield will help out the defence more and make them better.now we need better defenders to help out our midfield to make them look better

Baby steps. At least now we "wide" have midfielders.

Also whilst certainly not a Kit apologist it is unfortunate the guy we'd planned to be at LB is a crock and his deputy is well umm not very good.

Last season it was Husband or Staf V 2, this season it looks like the midfielder is trying too hard to cover for the quite frankly not good enough Voser.
@OsmithFFC

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:04:55 AM
This perception that we have a good team is ridiculous, we have a poor squad and poor manager.

0001.gif

Pound for pound, we have better players than half the teams in this division.

What we have is a coaching staff who don't do the basics and a clueless manager.

We have sorted the midfield to some degree. O'Hara/Cairney are great and Pringle needs to settle in, (if he's played in the right position). Hopefully Ream will bolster the defence but we need another CB as well.

Unfortunately with the disastrous injuries suffered last night, I now seriously fear for this season.
Where we were looking for another CB and apparently balking at the wages, (Dunk), we now need a backup keeper and a new striker as well. We also lost Garbutt (who looked great in the much needed LB position) to injury.

Tied bottom of the division after 3 games, imo we are not looking at top 6 but staving off relegation AGAIN!

Not very positive I know, but tbh, I am sick to death of this blind faith that things are somehow going to get better.
I can't see it and I've had enough.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Arthur

Quote from: RaySmith on August 20, 2015, 05:37:43 AM
Get behind Kit and the team- a very spirited fight back, but a crucial lack of confidence and concentartion in defence, and our bad luck continues, with two players seriously injured it seems.

Only three games in, and much to be positive about. The team is still gelling with a number of new players, but I feel confident that we will come good.

It's crucial for fans to keep behind the team.

COYW 049:gif

Your level-headed response to our tribulations is admirable.

I, and you, too, I suspect, would much rather supporters vent their frustrations here than at the ground. I cannot decry negativity on this board if it means that those responsible are not taking it out on the players at the next match.

Equally, I recognise the value of contributors, such as yourself, who find the enthusiasm both to try to lift the mood and to counter-balance those whose frustration perhaps leads them to accentuate their criticism for accentuation's sake.

In a nutshell, I merely wish to let you know what you know already: even a single positive message is worthwhile at a time such as this. It has encouraged me to be that bit more optimistic ahead of this weekend's fixture and I am sure I cannot be the only one whose disappointment it helps to temper. I hope you don't mind my saying so.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: os5889 mkII on August 20, 2015, 09:32:02 AM

Also whilst certainly not a Kit apologist it is unfortunate the guy we'd planned to be at LB is a crock and his deputy is well umm not very good.

Last season it was Husband or Staf V 2, this season it looks like the midfielder is trying too hard to cover for the quite frankly not good enough Voser.

Garbutt isn't a crock. He will make a difference when he is back. The only reason he doesn't start every week for Everton is because Baines is one of the best in the prem.

My everton friends couldn't believe we've loaned him. I suspect its a "whens he's fit he is first on the team sheet" kind of deal.

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on August 20, 2015, 05:37:43 AM
Get behind Kit and the team- a very spirited fight back, but a crucial lack of confidence and concentartion in defence, and our bad luck continues, with two players seriously injured it seems.

Only three games in, and much to be positive about. The team is still gelling with a number of new players, but I feel confident that we will come good.

It's crucial for fans to keep behind the team.

COYW 049:gif
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

os5889 mkII

Quote from: Ols_S on August 20, 2015, 09:53:42 AM

Garbutt isn't a crock. He will make a difference when he is back. The only reason he doesn't start every week for Everton is because Baines is one of the best in the prem.

My everton friends couldn't believe we've loaned him. I suspect its a "whens he's fit he is first on the team sheet" kind of deal.

Was an exaggeration of wording, am well aware he's not injury prone and he's a great signing for us.

The point was that we had strengthened there and no one could have foreseen him lasting only 15 minutes for us!
@OsmithFFC

HillingdonFFC

But we dont have natural wide midfielders, that the problem. Pringle wont beat a man on the outside, he drifts and Cairney by his own admission prefers to play centre midfield .Far too congested in there and one of the reasons LVC has looked ineffectual.
No point playing a 6ft 6" striker with no service. Personally think Smith injury could be a blessing in disguise. Terrible for the lad but might force Khan to open the purse strings on a pacey striker ..ie Dwight Gayle

N_O_W_S

Quote from: os5889 mkII on August 20, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
Quote from: Ols_S on August 20, 2015, 09:53:42 AM

Was an exaggeration of wording, am well aware he's not injury prone and he's a great signing for us.

The point was that we had strengthened there and no one could have foreseen him lasting only 15 minutes for us!

I agree. WE have been very unfortunate with injuries already this season. Now Betts and Smith to confound the issue.

epsomraver

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:24:25 AM
Quote from: Ordar on August 20, 2015, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:04:55 AM
This perception that we have a good team is ridiculous, we have a poor squad and poor manager.

- We have one of the best strikers in the division.
- We have easily the best midfield in the division. Both in the starting 11 and back ups. O'Hara, Cairney and Pringle all were in the top chances created in the division last year.
- we currently have 2 international playing at full back, one with several seasons of Champions League experience, the other Premier League experience
- we have 2 solid goalkeepers of equal ability
- Our options from the bench have championship experience (Tunnicliffe, Kaca, Parker, Burn)

We should easily be competing for promotion with the players we have. The manager is the problem. If (for example) Pardew took over the results would instantly improve, and the defence in particular would be more solid. Because Pardew is a good manager. As proven at Palace. (I'm not saying Pardew would come, it's just an example)

McCormack and Cairney are good players yes, I'd also add Parker to that list. The others no. Ohara and Pringle were both free transfers from sides that were relegated last season, I'm not sure how people suddenly expect them to be promotion contenders. Calling Kay Zoser and Jazz Richards international fullbacks is outrageous, Jazz Richards while yes he does play for wales, has been utterly dreadful ever since he came on loan to us last year, the fact we resigned him is atrocious. Voser is an odd one, as you say lots of experience, but he's looked nothing but awful every time he's pulled on a fulham shirt. Our GK's are solid, and I hope that Marcus recovers well. But we can't compete in this division with McCormack, Cairney and two gk's. We do not have a good team and we are deluding ourselves if we think we do.

More garbage! Boa was a flop before we got him Hayles couldn't it a barn door with a banjo, what has it got to do with anything at all what club a player was at? O'Hara has been man of the match twice now and played well again last night so that is your theory out the window