News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons on the injuries, the fightback and letting it slip....

Started by os5889 mkII, August 19, 2015, 11:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

Just noticed that no tweets since the 2-1 full time by the club.

However the following is available...

Symons on the injuries
"Both Marcus and Matt Smith have got knee ligament injuries.

"Marcus is looking more serious at the minute, it looks quite nasty but until we get the scans and everything sorted we won't know the full extent for sure."

Symons on the fightback
"(We had a) poor first half and conceded a very poor goal but weren't really in it, didn't play well at all," he said. "Second half, we really upped our game; played on the front foot and took the game to Hull and scored a very good goal through Tom, and we're in the ascendancy then.

Symons on the late slip
"To then go and lose it from that position is hard to take but it's only three games in and I'm sick of saying the same things already.

"It can't be down to fitness, it must just be down to concentration, not being street-wise enough. It's costing us dearly and it needs to change."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kit-symons-fulham-chief-serious-9890911
@OsmithFFC

west kowloon white

Nice guy..but frankly getting sick of him.
His record ...
Good squad now..
His record...

fulhamben

Really. Kit's sick of it after 3 games, I've been sick of it for about 30 games now. At least he isn't lying to us and pretending that he knows what the problem is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

He getting sick of saying the same things we re  sick of hearing and seeing them.

The Rock

Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2015, 11:55:23 PM
Really. Kit's sick of it after 3 games, I've been sick of it for about 30 games now. At least he isn't lying to us and pretending that he knows what the problem is

Sensible post. It's only his fault as he had -£10m to spend this summer. Everyone plays the fool and I'd burn what I earn for what he does.

ScalleysDad

Now even if I allowed for the post match blues if I hold the purse strings or if I had any influence on player purchases and 'my man' said what Kit is quoted as saying I would be thinking "Taxi"

He does this on a boringly regular basis now but does not seem to have the means of fixing it. Another two avoidable goals tonight and a statement that says I have no ideas.

west kowloon white

My point was not sicky but that he has a decent group of players...oh I give up.

RaySmith

Get behind Kit and the team- a very spirited fight back, but a crucial lack of confidence and concentartion in defence, and our bad luck continues, with two players seriously injured it seems.

Only three games in, and much to be positive about. The team is still gelling with a number of new players, but I feel confident that we will come good.

It's crucial for fans to keep behind the team.

COYW 049:gif

Slaphead in Qatar

kit is what he is - an inexperienced manager at this level. he is trying his best, but don't expect promotion with him anytime soon even if we get all our transfer targets in the next few weeks.

F.luke

Can't get behind Symons Saturday but I will the team.  This nice man is driving me mad he looks so weak with his little claps on the touch line. Get rid please

Nero

Quote from: RaySmith on August 20, 2015, 05:37:43 AM
Get behind Kit and the team- a very spirited fight back, but a crucial lack of confidence and concentartion in defence, and our bad luck continues, with two players seriously injured it seems.

Only three games in, and much to be positive about. The team is still gelling with a number of new players, but I feel confident that we will come good.

It's crucial for fans to keep behind the team.

COYW 049:gif

So he's had bad luck for a year now.  Did he run over a black cat on his way into training one day

Reznor

He is way way out of his depth and it is blatantly obvious to all but a few. It is crazy when people say we won't go down. I would never be so brave as to be so sure. As people have stated the experienced players like MaCormack know full well they are playing for a dead duck and it spreads through a team like wild fire.

Chutney

This perception that we have a good team is ridiculous, we have a poor squad and poor manager.
C O Y W

Ordar

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:04:55 AM
This perception that we have a good team is ridiculous, we have a poor squad and poor manager.

- We have one of the best strikers in the division.
- We have easily the best midfield in the division. Both in the starting 11 and back ups. O'Hara, Cairney and Pringle all were in the top chances created in the division last year.
- we currently have 2 international playing at full back, one with several seasons of Champions League experience, the other Premier League experience
- we have 2 solid goalkeepers of equal ability
- Our options from the bench have championship experience (Tunnicliffe, Kaca, Parker, Burn)

We should easily be competing for promotion with the players we have. The manager is the problem. If (for example) Pardew took over the results would instantly improve, and the defence in particular would be more solid. Because Pardew is a good manager. As proven at Palace. (I'm not saying Pardew would come, it's just an example)

Chutney

Quote from: Ordar on August 20, 2015, 08:13:30 AM

- We have easily the best midfield in the division. Both in the starting 11 and back ups. O'Hara, Cairney and Pringle all were in the top chances created in the division last year.
- we currently have 2 international playing at full back, one with several seasons of Champions League experience, the other Premier League experience
- Our options from the bench have championship experience (Tunnicliffe, Kaca, Parker, Burn)

We should easily be competing for promotion with the players we have. The manager is the problem. If (for example) Pardew took over the results would instantly improve, and the defence in particular would be more solid. Because Pardew is a good manager. As proven at Palace. (I'm not saying Pardew would come, it's just an example)

McCormack and Cairney are good players yes, I'd also add Parker to that list. The others no. Ohara and Pringle were both free transfers from sides that were relegated last season, I'm not sure how people suddenly expect them to be promotion contenders. Calling Kay Zoser and Jazz Richards international fullbacks is outrageous, Jazz Richards while yes he does play for wales, has been utterly dreadful ever since he came on loan to us last year, the fact we resigned him is atrocious. Voser is an odd one, as you say lots of experience, but he's looked nothing but awful every time he's pulled on a fulham shirt. Our GK's are solid, and I hope that Marcus recovers well. But we can't compete in this division with McCormack, Cairney and two gk's. We do not have a good team and we are deluding ourselves if we think we do.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:24:25 AM

McCormack and Cairney are good players yes, I'd also add Parker to that list. The others no. Ohara and Pringle were both free transfers from sides that were relegated last season, I'm not sure how people suddenly expect them to be promotion contenders. Calling Kay Zoser and Jazz Richards international fullbacks is outrageous, Jazz Richards while yes he does play for wales, has been utterly dreadful ever since he came on loan to us last year, the fact we resigned him is atrocious. Voser is an odd one, as you say lots of experience, but he's looked nothing but awful every time he's pulled on a fulham shirt. Our GK's are solid, and I hope that Marcus recovers well. But we can't compete in this division with McCormack, Cairney and two gk's. We do not have a good team and we are deluding ourselves if we think we do.
I'm with you. Our squad is mediocre at best. This has been a bad window so far. Lost way more than we have bought in. And what we have lost wasn't exactly world beaters in the first place. Said it weeks ago and I'll say it again. We are closer to doing a blackpool than a Bournemouth
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ordar

I guess the view of our squad is subjective. I'm surprised that you don't rare O'Hara Chutney. For me he's easily one of the best players in the division, and should be playing in the Premier League.

Not sure why calling the full backs internationals is outrageous as well....they're internationals. In Richards 2 most high profile games he's played (Belgium and Arsenal) he's been excellent. I think he gets more stick than he deserves and is solid if not spectacular. I have no idea whats happened to Voser.

I don't actually think Hutchinson or Burn are bad players. Burn was proven at this level from his loan spell, and Hutchinson, bar the penalty mistake has actually played well this year.

I think the team really really lacks pace, and is far too pedestrian. Also doesn't help that neither McCormack nor LVC have played well at all this season. Due to the slow pace of our play, its easy for teams to defend against us.

The main worries I have are:
- McCormack and LVC's form
- Starting terribly in the first half of every game this season. Including all the friendlies.
- Constantly conceding late goals
- The pace in the team
- Individual mistakes
- Defending generally
- Defending set pieces. Also giving so many corners away a game
- Creating very little clear cut chances.
- We're starting to play very narrow again

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on August 20, 2015, 08:24:25 AM

When we signed Pringle everyone on here was raving about the lad, and we signed him from a side that didnt get relegated, almost did but they survived just about like we did. He can deliver a cross no doubt about it, but he isnt an architectural left midfield player, although that's where he played for Rotherham. Maybe their style suited him better? but lets give the lad time, maybe our tactics will change of we have a pacey forward up front, I assume Dembele will play there given that Smith is injured and that will mean a change in style. Of course we could play our 20 goal man up there but then that would be silly wouldnt it
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

Big Sam without a shadow of a doubt.

If not;

- I like the Montella suggestion, would be great.
- Oscar Garcia
- Wouldn't mind Curbs taking over for short stint, reckon he's chomping at the bit to get a job again
- Di Matteo
- Sven Goran Eriksson? Maybe that's too pricey.
- Rene Meulensteen please!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mangoputney

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation