watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much this forum reflects our team!!

Started by Russian rob, August 20, 2015, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian rob

I have returned to this forum after deleting myself due to negative comments and the fear that I would turn into an old moaner myself.However,after a few months reflection I realised it was done in haste.Further,this forum likewise reminds me of our team.We have been so negative that I'm sure many have said"NO MORE',especially those who pay good money to watch the team.Can anyone suggest a reasonable cure for our obsession with our club that we continue to support them through good or ill despite the fact we think enough is enough?

Woolly Mammoth

Take your point, but may I suggest you delete the word negative, and replace it with word realistic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Russian rob on August 20, 2015, 09:46:39 AM
I have returned to this forum after deleting myself due to negative comments and the fear that I would turn into an old moaner myself.However,after a few months reflection I realised it was done in haste.Further,this forum likewise reminds me of our team.We have been so negative that I'm sure many have said"NO MORE',especially those who pay good money to watch the team.Can anyone suggest a reasonable cure for our obsession with our club that we continue to support them through good or ill despite the fact we think enough is enough?

Copious amounts of alcohol does assist in this endeavour. Well, it's helped me for the time I've supported them!  082.gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Vienna1

I think both club and fans are very sympathetic.

You cannot always win. If we supported winning teams only we all were Barcelona supporters. Boring!   

Lighthouse

Quote from: Russian rob on August 20, 2015, 09:46:39 AM

Like any drug, it is always good to go cold turkey for a few days and leave the forum and the club behind. Then you can return knowing that the same opinions will have been repeated endlessly, posters would have lost their temper and been banned and insults would have been tossed about like a chimp throws around faeces.

So the answer is to step back once in a while, while being careful to not tread in the opinions of others. Smile at the insult that is then followed by the ever so light hearted banter. After all we must  pretend we are all too stupid to have noticed it. Remember that the club will go on long after we are gone. It is in your system and you will never completely kick the habit. But the odd day away is a good thing. It really is just a sport to enjoy. Not to go to war over.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope