watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Getting behind the club.....

Started by colinwhite, August 20, 2015, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

It seems to me that a lot of the differences of opinions of people on this board are based on expectations,both long and short term .
Kit still has my support ( although I came to the same conclusion as may others at the end of last season, that we need to get a proven
manager in ).
Kit symons must be doing things behind the scenes that we don't see, as I don't think that Riggs is any mans mug and the club clearly wants to progress. We don't know why the required defenders have nt yet been brought in , although I find it hard to accept that "we will only bring in players that can in improve the side" . In fact most of the central defenders in the championship would improve our current bunch .The leadership of the club must be acutely aware of this problem , so it is baffling and frustrating  to say the least for  us supporters .
The results that we have had so far can't exactly make player recruitment easier , and at the same time players that are coming in have probably been given assurances about the manager . No player wants to make a move into uncertainty .
I would say that the only thing we as supporters can do is to get behind the team , and trust in the people making the decisions.I am with Southfield white that we need to see where  we stand when the window shuts , before we can start  demanding this or that , as we don't know where to point the finger in any case ,and will inevitably end up just having a go at each other .
I agree with a lot of the ´negative `posters in many respects , but I also think we need to be positive going forward,if we care about that e club . Kit will be under a lot of pressure on saturday , and if we want to see the club bring in the players to strengthen our squad we need to get behind the club , and that at this moment in time  that in my view means supporting Kit Symons ,whether we think he is the right man for the job or not .
We are all Fulham supporters and as such surely must give the team our full support .

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on August 20, 2015, 11:13:49 AM
It seems to me that a lot of the differences of opinions of people on this board are based on expectations,both long and short term .
Kit still has my support ( although I came to the same conclusion as may others at the end of last season, that we need to get a proven
manager in ).
Kit symons must be doing things behind the scenes that we don't see, as I don't think that Riggs is any mans mug and the club clearly wants to progress. We don't know why the required defenders have nt yet been brought in , although I find it hard to accept that "we will only bring in players that can in improve the side" . In fact most of the central defenders in the championship would improve our currant bunch .The leadership of the club must be acutely aware of this problem , so it is baffling and frustrating  to say the least for the us supporters .
The results that we have had so far can't exactly make player recruitment easier , and at the same time players that are coming in have probably been given assurances about the manager . No player wants to make a move into uncertainty .
I would say that the only thing we as supporters can do is to get behind the team , and trust in the people making the decisions.I am with Southfield white that we need to see where  we stand when the window shuts , before we can start  demanding this or that , as we don't know where to point the finger in any case ,and will inevitably end up just having a go at each other .
I agree with a lot of the ´negative `posters in many respects , but I also think we need to be positive going forward,if we care about that e club . Kit will be under a lot of pressure on saturday , and if we want to see the club bring in the players to strengthen our squad we need to get behind the club , and that at this moment in time  that in my view means supporting Kit Symons ,whether we think he is the right man for the job or not .
We are all Fulham supporters and as such surely must give the team our full support .
agree 100% COYW

vbg cottager

epsomraver

Quote from: colinwhite on August 20, 2015, 11:13:49 AM
manager in ).
Kit symons must be doing things behind the scenes that we don't see, as I don't think that Riggs is any mans mug and the club clearly wants to progress. We don't know why the required defenders have nt yet been brought in , although I find it hard to accept that "we will only bring in players that can in improve the side" . In fact most of the central defenders in the championship would improve our current bunch .The leadership of the club must be acutely aware of this problem , so it is baffling and frustrating  to say the least for  us supporters .
I would say that the only thing we as supporters can do is to get behind the team , and trust in the people making the decisions.I am with Southfield white that we need to see where  we stand when the window shuts , before we can start  demanding this or that , as we don't know where to point the finger in any case ,and will inevitably end up just having a go at each other .
I agree with a lot of the ´negative `posters in many respects , but I also think we need to be positive going forward,if we care about that e club . Kit will be under a lot of pressure on saturday , and if we want to see the club bring in the players to strengthen our squad we need to get behind the club , and that at this moment in time  that in my view means supporting Kit Symons ,whether we think he is the right man for the job or not .
0001.jpeg

General

Sometimes getting behind the club includes supporting it in a way which helps it progress - I am supporting the club by wanting a better manager and for our club to sign defenders. That's supportive of the club, just not of the people we've got in those positions at the moment, which I believe aren't in our best interests and will damage this club if not improved upon. The club is what matters and that and it's best interests is what I will support.

Arthur

Even as someone who didn't support Kit's appointment, I agree with the call to give him and the team our backing during the game. Were we to beat Huddersfield and Rotherham (winning any game seems a tall order right now, I know, but this is not completely pie-in-the-sky), Kit would then have a couple of weeks to integrate whomever we add to the squad and our season might look rather more promising than it does today.

It may well be, of course, that we fail to win either game, but I cannot see what there is to gain by turning on the manager or players this weekend; to sack Kit and be a manager-less club going into the last week of the transfer window will surely lessen our chances of bringing the players we most want.

David Allen Crankshaw

Jonaldiniho 88

Good post. Early days and we haven't been spanked by any team and are ten or so accumulated minutes from an extra 4 points. I wanted kit at first, really didn't want him at the end of last season but he is here and I support him. Unfortunately he is in that position where after not looking all that convincing, we seem to jump on his back for the slightest perceived error/weakness and it's a bit unfair. He should be given time and we still don't even know who will be playing for us. I'm almost certain this season will be better than last. Depending on our personal expectations that may be a great season or an absolute disaster.

Southcoastffc

I agree BUT, if we have,say, just one point from our first 6 league games can you see Kit being retained beyond that?   Unfortunately, whether it's the 'fault' of players, tactics, luck or whatever, there comes a time when change has to be made. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gezkc

Very well said.

Some of the  negative posts about our current situation, while understandable, are blowing things out of all proportion. We're in a far better position than we were this time last year - most people would agree the signings we've made so far have been good ones and our midfield has been significantly strengthened. Ok, the CBs and striker we need haven't come in yet for whatever reason, but it's clear the club have been working hard on this and I'm hopeful we'll see something happen between now and the end of the window.

So, let's keep some perspective here - we're only three games into the season, we're still finalising some signings and we  will improve as the team gels.
COYW!

fulhamben

Quote from: gezkc on August 20, 2015, 03:37:29 PM
Very well said.

Some of the  negative posts about our current situation, while understandable, are blowing things out of all proportion. We're in a far better position than we were this time last year - most people would agree the signings we've made so far have been good ones and our midfield has been significantly strengthened. Ok, the CBs and striker we need haven't come in yet for whatever reason, but it's clear the club have been working hard on this and I'm hopeful we'll see something happen between now and the end of the window.

So, let's keep some perspective here - we're only three games into the season, we're still finalising some signings and we  will improve as the team gels.
COYW!
I just don't get how you can say we are in a far better position. Are you basing this on the fact that we have slightly improved our midfield whilst weakening other areas? What do you see that I don't.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 03:52:26 PM
There are no negative posts on here, just realistic posts. So shall we just wait till be get spanked before deciding he isn't up to it.
I want to see him succeed, but nothing has changed since last season. We have better players, but the manager is still there, and that is the catalyst in this whole unfortunate issue.
If we just lose the next 43 games 1 nil that will be OK then ;-)

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 03:54:38 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 03:52:26 PM
There are no negative posts on here, just realistic posts. So shall we just wait till be get spanked before deciding he isn't up to it.
I want to see him succeed, but nothing has changed since last season. We have better players, but the manager is still there, and that is the catalyst in this whole unfortunate issue.
If we just lose the next 43 games 1 nil that will be OK then ;-)

Yeah it will be an improvement on goals conceded from last season. Funny how if that came true we could get relegated with 1 point yet still have improved the defence.

colinwhite

I was making the point that we can't sack Kit during the window , and though my faith in him is also more or less non existent , the main thing is to get behind the team .3 games is not enough , in 3 more it may be different story  .......

Artful Dodger

Does getting behind the club include making a noise at matches? You have to applaud those that travelled to Hull, but there was only 1 song sung all night and that was after we scored and it lasted about 30 seconds. I was there so a) I know what was sung and b) I can count myself in there, but it really was a terrible advert for away support.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

fulhamben

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 20, 2015, 06:46:20 PM
Does getting behind the club include making a noise at matches? You have to applaud those that travelled to Hull, but there was only 1 song sung all night and that was after we scored and it lasted about 30 seconds. I was there so a) I know what was sung and b) I can count myself in there, but it really was a terrible advert for away support.
was the song il dolce suono? Could of swore I heard you all singing it in harmony

McBride78

I am behind the club.  The club stated through the management that promotion is the goal this year.  That said, if true, there is not a lot of time to make corrections.  Looking at the # of points it took last year to be top six, we need a staggering # of points going forward to meet the club's stated goal.  You can not have 3 game streaks where you get one point going forward. 

Should have set a reasonable expectation, like mid table, rebuilding year, promotion next year if they wanted me to cut them more slack. 

gezkc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2015, 03:45:01 PM
Quote from: gezkc
link=topic=49304.msg699550#msg699550 date=1440081449

Very well said.

COYW!
I just don't get how you can say we are in a far better position. Are you basing this on the fact that we have slightly improved our midfield whilst weakening other areas? What do you see that I don't.

This time last year, we had a madman at the helm and were relying on a team of teenagers with no Championship (or any league) experience. We had no clue as to what Khan's motives were for the club, with many people suspecting he had ulterior motives for buying us.
This season, the club have made a clear statement that promotion is the goal, we have a manager who the majority of us wanted (in hindsight perhaps not as good a decision as we'd hoped, but certainly the man we called for), we have Rigg in place to help with scouting and signing players and we've made a lot of good signings as a result, the latest being Ream and I'm sure he's not the last.
The club has made huge progress compared to this time last year and the results will come. We need to have faith.

Woolly Mammoth

You have made some good points, and you mentioned the word Faith, which defined in the Oxford Collins English Dictionary as Belief and Loyalty.
Well unfortunately Joan of Arc said those same words before they burnt her at the stake. As did The English Warrior Queen Boadicea just before she poisoned herself, as did King Charles the first when he went to the axe man for his public execution, not forgetting Guido Fawkes in 1605, said the same moments before he was Hung Drawn and Quartered.
Whether we have faith or not, Fulham Supporters never die, we just go to hell and regroup.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Vienna1

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2015, 08:41:47 PM
You have made some good points, and you mentioned the word Faith, which defined in the Oxford Collins English Dictionary as Belief and Loyalty.
Well unfortunately Joan of Arc said those same words before they burnt her at the stake. As did The English Warrior Queen Boadicea just before she poisoned herself, as did King Charles the first when he went to the axe man for his public execution, not forgetting Guido Fawkes in 1605, said the same moments before he was Hung Drawn and Quartered.
Whether we have faith or not, Fulham Supporters never die, we just go to hell and regroup.

I suppose on the way to hell one meets a couple of Chelsea supporters?