watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The overriding thing that frustrates me the most

Started by BedsFFC, August 20, 2015, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Put everything aside, owner, manager etc.

You look at the table and look at all the teams and then think about the last 10 years. We re so head & shoulders above all the rest in terms of what we have done.

We should be the stand out team in the league or at least the one showing absolute dynamism to get promoted. Our football should be attacking and there should not be a ground that we go to where we do not expect to get a result.

But, in reality, where are we?

I expected us to lose last night.

As a team, we seem to have developed so quickly an acceptance of mediocrity. Our football is slow. We always have so few shots on goal.

The next 10 days are crucial to our football club. In my humble opinion, unless we pull out all the stops to to turn this tide, we can forget promotion anytime soon.

One of the tops guys in the club needs to step up and front up to Khan and let him know that unless he does something right now, his investment is pop.

Someone needs to grab this club and shake it out of its mediocrity slumber.

As a fan, yes we get emotional but we are also paying punters. Do I really want to have a 5 hour round trip for a home game and actually the worse thing about the trip is the 90 minutes of football. It's true. I have more fun jumping on the train with family, meeting old friends for a beer. Looking out on the river at half time.

Anyway, I hope someone is doing something behind the scenes. We can only hope

FFC Sydney

I also hope that "someone is doing something behind the scenes" but nothing emerged last year over the 30 games Kit was in charge to give any indication that the style of play was developing or something good was in the works.... And they chose to retain him.... as they chose to retain Magath a year earlier. Our parachute cash is going fast and the gulf to the prem is widening... Hard to see how we can get promoted when another change of manager is on the cards. Predicted by the majority of fans but not understood by the owner... who is not a fan.

mike_corkcity12

Every poster on here clamours for attacking football. Hodgson's football was defensive orientated. Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace is counter-attacking.

There is no manager that we can attract that could implement a fluid attacking style of football. They are of short supply

jarv

Mike, you are correct. However, Pardews style is exciting because it is high pressure and BAGS of pace. A fair amount of skill too.
I wish Fulham had just some of that.

Logicalman

Good OP Beds, agree with what you say there.

I cannot fully agree that the team, or even the officials have accepted mediocrity as being acceptable, perhaps there is a feeling of helplessness as to how to get out of this mess.

Kit, for all the good he can do, has a task that, perhaps, only an experienced manager can pull off, though had he taken over the reigns of a stable and settled team, I believe he would have done well.

The issue the club faces is how to reorganize and slowly rebuild back to being that stable team. It appears they have faith in Kit and want to keep him at the helm (It's not about the money obviously, as we spend more money on one player than the manager gets in a few seasons), and Khan appears to be willing to put up the cash when required.

You're perfectly correct though, it will take someone, inside or outside the club, to get in the clubs face and shout 'WAKE UP', I'm hoping that won't be relegation shouting  that once it's too late though.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Sheepskin Junior

It seems, last season, it took Rotherham's points deduction to get us playing real football. Prior to that, we were being overly defensive, scared of relegation. After their points were knocked off, we felt safer, and could play proper football - you saw Boro... Now we have the defensive mind back, and strangely, it makes us less defensively sound
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Mighty Maik

You are right to feel frustrated - the ethos of success seems misplaced at the moment. But is it any wonder? We are owned by the worst owner in the NFL - who has settled for mediocrity in Jacksonville (some would say sub-mediocrity!). Last season, as far as I know, he couldn't be bothered to stay for an entire Fulham game on the few occasions he turned up. Some may blame MAF for where we are but he had an ego that was so enormous he would not suffer mediocrity. He was proud and proud of Fulham. He was present. Khan has no institutional memory. He wasn't around during the 63 game season and the Europa League Final. Sadly, I think we have been Khanned - just like the Jacksonville fans.

Ordar

While I feel people's frustrations towards Khan, the Jacksonville comments are irrelevant, as he inherited a terrible team, and basically they're towards the end of a complete rebuild. They'll be a much better team this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they reached the playoffs.

A lot of owners don't actually go to their clubs games. The only ones who seem to are the egomaniacs who want everything to be about them. See Abramovich, Ashley, Tan....

As Khan said when he took over. He's a hands off owner (which is a good thing when you look at idiots like Tan) who hires people and expects them to do their job. Now the 5 man committee did NOTHING so didn't do their job. Macintosh has seemingly done nothing for years and Rigg has basically just started. Symons is doing a terrible job with the team, and I still don't understand why we DONT HAVE an experienced coaching staff to try and balance his inexperience, especially an experienced assistant manager

Mighty Maik

So here is an unpopular view - I think Kit is a hero. Magath had made us a laughing stock. People saw how we sank at the end of 13/14. The industry knew that virtually every player wanted out of Fulham. They knew that our set-up was odd. No one was rushing to get the job. The Committee was a fabulous corporate way of ducking responsibility. Remember, Football had seen how we treated Rene. Three managers in a season gives no one any sense of job security...who would want to work for this owner? Kit took on a desperate situation where he wasn't just trying to stabilize the mess on the pitch he was trying to calm things down off it. Too many good people had been fired by Lamping (is that how you spell his name?). Everyone at the club was anxious. Kit's job suddenly became one where he had to save the football and give the fans and other employees some hope that the Fulham they loved wasn't completely gone because an absentee owner had no idea what he bought. Are our results any better? Not so far - but I swear I thought we were on for the double drop in October of last year. I pray Kit can turns things around and the players begin to perform at the level they were expected to. Did Kit remind everyone that this was still the same Fulham and that we were part of an extended family when he was appointed? Yes. I want the results to turn because I like the romance of the story and I want the continuity of Fulham to be preserved. I also want us to win again. Now. That tension is hard to reconcile - admittedly. But what ever happens, for me, Kit is a hero.

aaronmcguigan

There seems to be a lot going wrong at the club , and going by actions alone (I could be wrong ) not a lot of people in charge seem to care.

The main thing the owner has brought to the club is a lesson in PR. Everyone is saying the right things, training looks good, communication from website is good etc, but after loss after loss, there doesn't seem to be an action plan to fix it.

Late goals in previous few games and it happens again and again without an action plan to fix, but people still saying the right things at the right time.

Snipbits like the fortress cottage thing, telling us the recruitment strategy etc is all sounding good yet there is no action.

Same with the owner, fair enough he is hands off but someone needs  to do something when it goes wrong but no one is doing anything. It's so frustrating

What the club needs is:

- a new manager or concrete backing in finances and or recruitment

-if keeping kit, you need coaches with experience who've been there and done that rather than the Cookie approach of appointing people you like and are basically yes men to a manager who needs support advice and help

-board members who know the club, the league and our strategy inside out

-passion on the pitch, more motivation and aspiration is needed

-people need to be accountable and responsible for actions or lack of. I'm all for continuity but If people aren't doing their job, they need removing. Other people will buck up their ideas if their job is on the line

It's ended up a rant but it's clear to see we are failing to plan and planning to fail . Too many people seem to be Ok with that

grandad

I´m afraid the fear factor has already set in. The players are afraid to freely express themselves. Most of them are highly skilled but they have all withdrawn into their shells.
I want Kit to tell them to forget the 1st 3 games & start the season from Saturday. Show them the videos of the Derby & Boro games & say that this is how you can really play.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: grandad on August 20, 2015, 05:01:01 PM
I´m afraid the fear factor has already set in. The players are afraid to freely express themselves. Most of them are highly skilled but they have all withdrawn into their shells.
I want Kit to tell them to forget the 1st 3 games & start the season from Saturday. Show them the videos of the Derby & Boro games & say that this is how you can really play.

yes
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

aaronmcguigan

Show them the games from the Europa league run. Team spirit, determination and togetherness (along with an actual gameplan) and we could be going places .. Other than 21st

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on August 20, 2015, 05:26:31 PM
Show them the games from the Europa league run. Team spirit, determination and togetherness (along with an actual gameplan) and we could be going places .. Other than 21st

If he was a half decent manager, he should have already done that.
But it appears that the words Leadership, Motivation, Inspiration, Passion, Dynamism, Application Ambition, a Challenge and Commitment. Are words you will not find in a Dictionary owned by the current Manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Artful Dodger

History counts for nothing and when you look at it, it could be a lot worse. How many teams have fallen out of the premiership and then gone down to League 1? Over the last 20 years, Man City did it (pre takeover), Leeds, Wolves, Portsmouth, Sheff Utd, Norwich - all clubs with arguably more history, and then Wigan as FA Cup holders. Some of them can point to financial woe but we can point to absolute chaos at the club, so part of me is just grateful we still have our heads above water. And that is why the job Kit has done has been undervalued in my opinion. If Magath had stayed we would have been relegated, no question and this was a very experienced, if slightly nuts, manager. That said, I think Kit has until the end of September to get us in to the top half and be in a position to make a challenge for the top 6 or is time will be numbered by then.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae