watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We all knew this would happen...

Started by Classic94, August 20, 2015, 12:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Lets be honest, the vast majority of us could see this situation unfolding. Back in May, many fans (myself included) wanted a regime change and a thorough overhaul of the defence. As has so often been the case in recent times, these fears were ignored by the Fulham hierarchy who, once again, demonstrated a staggering lack of foresight. Perhaps it's time the club listened to its supporters? After all, we were right about Jol, we were right about Magath and now, it seems, we were right about Symons. I sometimes believe we could run the club better than the useless incumbents of the past three years. Anyway, now to the problem at hand - the manager.

Kit is a very limited coach. His record speaks volumes, as do the manner of our defeats. Once Plan A inevitably flops, the man is simply lost. You can see it from the stands. He looks vacant and gormless; demonstrating no motivational aptitude whatsoever. Tactically speaking, the same issues arise each week without ever being addressed. Slow starts, set-piece and late goals have become commonplace. Is this down to poor fitness? Bad coaching? I suspect both but, either way, this falls under Kit's jurisdiction... and don't get me started on his substitutions. Our manager does not intervene unless his hand is forced. He's reactive, and not proactive. Goodness, it's a hard enough game without handicapping yourself further!

Oddly enough, we harbor some of the top creative talents in the division: LVC, O'Hara, Cairney, Pringle, McCormack... and yet, we struggle to carve out even a handful of chances per game. This is because we lack pace throughout the team. We must be the only side in England to play without genuine width. Our weaknesses are exacerbated by Kit's painfully narrow brand of football which exposes both full-backs and produces sluggish attacking play. Moreover, he persists with liabilities such as Voser and Bodurov, although this has been a running theme of his tenure. He was the same with Kavanagh and Tunnicliffe. Those who claim he 'can only work with the squad' are talking rubbish because he's had 6 months to identify problem areas - some of which are blatantly obvious, and over 2 months to bring in necessary reinforcements. Given that we shipped 80+ goals last season, it's utterly ridiculous that just 11 days before the window slams shut, we are yet to sign a CB. Utterly, utterly abysmal. I admit, Kit may not be entirely to blame in this respect, but considering it's his neck on the line, surely he'd be imploring the board to invest?

All of this boils down to Kit's lack of clout and tactical naivety. He's a nice bloke but an elite football manager he is not. Of course, I will stand corrected if, by some miracle, he turns it around but the evidence suggests otherwise.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Classic94 on August 20, 2015, 12:48:40 PM
Lets be honest, the vast majority of us could see this situation unfolding. Back in May, many fans (myself included) wanted a regime change and a thorough overhaul of the defence. As has so often been the case in recent times, these fears were ignored by the Fulham hierarchy who, once again, demonstrated a staggering lack of foresight. Perhaps it's time the club listened to its supporters? After all, we were right about Jol, we were right about Magath and now, it seems, we were right about Symons. I sometimes believe we could run the club better than the useless incumbents of the past three years. Anyway, now to the problem at hand - the manager.

Kit is a very limited coach. His record speaks volumes, as do the manner of our defeats. Once Plan A inevitably flops, the man is simply lost. You can see it from the stands. He looks vacant and gormless; demonstrating no motivational aptitude whatsoever. Tactically speaking, the same issues arise each week without ever being addressed. Slow starts, set-piece and late goals have become commonplace. Is this down to poor fitness? Bad coaching? I suspect both but, either way, this falls under Kit's jurisdiction... and don't get me started on his substitutions. Our manager does not intervene unless his hand is forced. He's reactive, and not proactive. Goodness, it's a hard enough game without handicapping yourself further!

Oddly enough, we harbor some of the top creative talents in the division: LVC, O'Hara, Cairney, Pringle, McCormack... and yet, we struggle to carve out even a handful of chances per game. This is because we lack pace throughout the team. We must be the only side in England to play without genuine width. Our weaknesses are exacerbated by Kit's painfully narrow brand of football which exposes both full-backs and produces sluggish attacking play. Moreover, he persists with liabilities such as Voser and Bodurov, although this has been a running theme of his tenure. He was the same with Kavanagh and Tunnicliffe. Those who claim he 'can only work with the squad' are talking rubbish because he's had 6 months to identify problem areas - some of which are blatantly obvious, and over 2 months to bring in necessary reinforcements. Given that we shipped 80+ goals last season, it's utterly ridiculous that just 11 days before the window slams shut, we are yet to sign a CB. Utterly, utterly abysmal. I admit, Kit may not be entirely to blame in this respect, but considering it's his neck on the line, surely he'd be imploring the board to invest?

All of this boils down to Kit's lack of clout and tactical naivety. He's a nice bloke but an elite football manager he is not. Of course, I will stand corrected if, by some miracle, he turns it around but the evidence suggests otherwise.

Good post, the only thing I will say is that we did 'carve out' a lot of chances against Brighton, but the other 3 games, best forgotten.
So, we are capable
I can only comment from watching the replays on FFC
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I think we have been unlucky in all three games. Smith has been a real threat, and it's a pity we have now lost hinm - hopefully for not too long.

I feel we have to makings of a very good team, which is just getting used to each other, and will come good. We just need a first win to  start to turn things round.

As fans, the best thing we can do is get fully behind the team.

grandad

We are now into the 3rd season knowing that we have a weak defence. This issue should have been addressed 2 years ago when Brede & Hughes became past their best. As for full backs we need to go back further.
What do we do? We pack our MF with CM´s & ask 2 of them to play on the wings.
Fortress Cottage, more like a sand castle that gets destroyed every time the tide comes in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Blanco

This post is spot on. With all the rumours of various signings the bottom line is that we need one major signing i.e. a proven manager/coach or else another wasted season beckons. I hoped that when Rigg arrived things might improve but it hasn't happened. Our owner is being badly advised and I wonder what is going on behind the scenes because the sense of drift is becoming more alarming as each week passes by.

Arthur

Quote from: Classic94 on August 20, 2015, 12:48:40 PM
Perhaps it's time the club listened to its supporters? After all, we were right about Jol, we were right about Magath and now, it seems, we were right about Symons.

The appointment of Jol was generally welcomed.

In the case of Magath, there was a mixed reception, it is true. (Is it so surprising, however, that a club announcing its third manager of the season is not greeted with widespread acclaim?)

Casting my mind back to last October, the numbers calling for Kit Symons to be given the manager's job on a permanent basis were so great as to make the role of the 'panel of five' superfluous.

Let's be honest? Let's kid ourselves would be closer to the truth.

McBride78

There comes a point where you make your own luck and success.  Where you have to take ownership and accountability for the performance of a team.  Luck has nothing to do with it.  Winners make their own luck.  Winners are not in a position to lose a point on a late goal.  Winners are not in a position where they have not won a single game this year because of luck.  It is not a talent issue.  There is talent on this team.  I am not even convinced it is a pace issue.  While pace helps, tactics can compensate for pace if you are creative and open minded enough to play to the squads strengths versus trying to force a square peg into a round hole.  This is not an issue of luck.  This is poor leadership.  It needs to be addressed.  Someone has to take ownership and accountability for this team being poor.  That should come from our entire management team and the captain of this club.  And someone has to step up and change things...not talk about change...legitimately change things.  Here are some simple things that can be done:

1. Strip the arm band from Ross.  Doesn't matter if it is his fault.  He is not effective and the team under his leadership is not winning.  I would give to O'Hara.  I would tell him to be accountable and hold you team mates accountable.  

2.  Do NOT let BOD anywhere near the field.  The standing around and watching the goal this past weekend....penalty for that is you will not see the pitch again this year.  Burn starts this week with Hutch.

3.  Shake up the attack.....Cairney has proven useful.  I would move him to the #10.  With Smith hurt I would put Ross at the #9 and tell him to find the back of the net if he wants a place in the team.  LVC out wide on one side, Kaca on the other.  O'Hara and Hyndman in the middle.  Or any other number of changes...but change something.  Cairney will take a shot at least....pull him into the middle and move him further up the pitch to make sure he is involved.  

I don't mean to vent, as it is unproductive, but show some will to fight Kit.  Do you want this job?  If you do....start acting like it.  These are professional footballers....set your expectations and execute.  Hold accountability on the players.  Find your leaders and have them help you.  If you cant do these things, it will not matter what players we bring in.   No amount of talent is going to compensate for a lack of leadership and accountability.

Vienna1

Quote from: McBride78 on August 20, 2015, 03:27:57 PM
There comes a point where you make your own luck and success.  Where you have to take ownership and accountability for the performance of a team.  Luck has nothing to do with it.  Winners make their own luck.  Winners are not in a position to lose a point on a late goal.  Winners are not in a position where they have not won a single game this year because of luck.  It is not a talent issue.  There is talent on this team.  I am not even convinced it is a pace issue.  While pace helps, tactics can compensate for pace if you are creative and open minded enough to play to the squads strengths versus trying to force a square peg into a round hole.  This is not an issue of luck.  This is poor leadership.  It needs to be addressed.  Someone has to take ownership and accountability for this team being poor.  That should come from our entire management team and the captain of this club.  And someone has to step up and change things...not talk about change...legitimately change things.  Here are some simple things that can be done:

1. Strip the arm band from Ross.  Doesn't matter if it is his fault.  He is not effective and the team under his leadership is not winning.  I would give to O'Hara.  I would tell him to be accountable and hold you team mates accountable. 

2.  Do NOT let BOD anywhere near the field.  The standing around and watching the goal this past weekend....penalty for that is you will not see the pitch again this year.  Burn starts this week with Hutch.

3.  Shake up the attack.....Cairney has proven useful.  I would move him to the #10.  With Smith hurt I would put Ross at the #9 and tell him to find the back of the net if he wants a place in the team.  LVC out wide on one side, Kaca on the other.  O'Hara and Hyndman in the middle.  Or any other number of changes...but change something.  Cairney will take a shot at least....pull him into the middle and move him further up the pitch to make sure he is involved. 

I don't mean to vent, as it is unproductive, but show some will to fight Kit.  Do you want this job?  If you do....start acting like it.  These are professional footballers....set your expectations and execute.  Hold accountability on the players.  Find your leaders and have them help you.  If you cant do these things, it will not matter what players we bring in.   No amount of talent is going to compensate for a lack of leadership and accountability.

Its a little bit like I said before, there seems to be lack of professionalism. You need to be ruthless and hard-bitten. Class teams are winning even though they are not necessarily playing well. The class striker may have only his good 5 minutes in a game. But in those 5 minutes he scores....

Defenders might play boringly and ugly. But they don't concede goals....

Well, easier said than done.