watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Perspective

Started by HatterDon, August 20, 2015, 06:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Despite the "our defense is in constant disarray," the fact is that we've surrendered 5 goals in three matches -- one on a penalty that was incorrectly assessed, and another on what Sean and Jim called "a worldy." To me, that means an unstoppable shot -- especially of the sort we really want our opponents to take. The "worldy"cost us two points and the dodgy penalty lost us another. Otherwise, we'd have 4 points from three matches, rather than the one we have now.

In the meantime, before his injury Matt Smith Spurned 5-8 clear chances. No striker is perfect, but a striker in reasonable form would have been expected to covert two or three. Also, the start of the season has seen almost no contributions from the two players who were our very best last season: LVC and Ross.

Aside from O'Hara -- who, like Fulham, seems to feel that the match begins at half-time -- has been the only consistent central midfielder.

I submit that if Ross, LVC, and Smith had shown any of the form we expected from them, we could be a lot closer to 9 points than 1. What this means to me, at least, is that our performance thus far is being unfairly laid at the feet of the back four, the keeper, and Kit. It's unfair and inaccurate to say that the defense has not improved over last season. We seem to have a clue when it comes to defending corners, Richards has played acceptably, and Voser is unfairly maligned. Betts is still learning his trade, and I don't understand why Burn lost his position. Hutchinson, who has been raked over the coals for conceding the non-penalty has been our radio team's man of the match three times out of four so far. And yet, it's the defense that gets the blame.

I expect things to turn around fairly soon, simply because as we've all heard, form is temporary while class is permanent. Ross will stop choking in front of goal, LVC will find his pace and confidence again, and Fulham will begin winning matches. I believe we can achieve all this -- despite two key injuries in our last match -- all without firing the manager and lynching the owner.

My take, anyway.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

As I've told others, talking sense is pointless these days. With the addition of Ream the naysayers can turn their attention away from Kit and engage in their favorite pass time, yank baiting. Which, coupled with a couple of W's, will settle things down.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

west kowloon white

A balanced perspective.Close to a draw at Hull-when most expected nothing-thought meltdown would happen after a loss to Huddersfield on Saturday.
The criticism of Khan is irrational.

Daxidebs

Quote from: HatterDon on August 20, 2015, 06:40:41 PM
Despite the "our defense is in constant disarray," the fact is that we've surrendered 5 goals in three matches -- one on a penalty that was incorrectly assessed, and another on what Sean and Jim called "a worldy." To me, that means an unstoppable shot -- especially of the sort we really want our opponents to take. The "worldy"cost us two points and the dodgy penalty lost us another. Otherwise, we'd have 4 points from three matches, rather than the one we have now.

In the meantime, before his injury Matt Smith Spurned 5-8 clear chances. No striker is perfect, but a striker in reasonable form would have been expected to covert two or three. Also, the start of the season has seen almost no contributions from the two players who were our very best last season: LVC and Ross.

Aside from O'Hara -- who, like Fulham, seems to feel that the match begins at half-time -- has been the only consistent central midfielder.

I submit that if Ross, LVC, and Smith had shown any of the form we expected from them, we could be a lot closer to 9 points than 1. What this means to me, at least, is that our performance thus far is being unfairly laid at the feet of the back four, the keeper, and Kit. It's unfair and inaccurate to say that the defense has not improved over last season. We seem to have a clue when it comes to defending corners, Richards has played acceptably, and Voser is unfairly maligned. Betts is still learning his trade, and I don't understand why Burn lost his position. Hutchinson, who has been raked over the coals for conceding the non-penalty has been our radio team's man of the match three times out of four so far. And yet, it's the defense that gets the blame.

I expect things to turn around fairly soon, simply because as we've all heard, form is temporary while class is permanent. Ross will stop choking in front of goal, LVC will find his pace and confidence again, and Fulham will begin winning matches. I believe we can achieve all this -- despite two key injuries in our last match -- all without firing the manager and lynching the owner.

My take, anyway.

I rarely - well almost never post on the site but I have to say this is the most sensible post I have read among the plethora of negativity  - I am in awe of you Hatter Don - can you please put yourself up for Labour leader and help with the running of this country x

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Daxidebs on August 20, 2015, 07:10:37 PM

My take, anyway.

I rarely - well almost never post on the site but I have to say this is the most sensible post I have read among the plethora of negativity  - I am in awe of you Hatter Don - can you please put yourself up for Labour leader and help with the running of this country x

Hard Bloody Labour
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Herbie

HD by name, HD by quality of insight.  I've had a bit of a break from posting due to the arrival of Herbie Jnr, but this post deserves a high five for a bit of sense in all the doom and gloom. It's only been 3 games, even form tables look back over at least 6 games.

Vienna1

My take, anyway.

May I literally translate an Austrian saying? "Your word in God's ears"
:54:

NJFulham

7 points after 5 games is reasonably attainable.

Lighthouse

Hutchinson has been very good in most matches this season with the inevitable odd mishap.  The arrival of Ream may or may not be the turning point. The arrival of some pace up front would also do no harm. But on the whole I find it hard to be upset with ANY individual bar lady luck. In three games we have lost a keeper, a full back and a forward to injury.

Thank goodness for a little perspective and for Mr Hatter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gezkc

Well said that man. It's crazy to be calling for heads to roll after three games when we've not been too far off getting results and we're still in the process of recruiting players. Perspective is what is needed.

Fulham1959

A bit of common sense and rationality against the rantings of so many headless chickens.

Well said, HD !

Cravenawin

I see maximum points from the next three games. ......nurse, it's time for my medication!

Vienna1

Quote from: Cravenawin on August 20, 2015, 08:54:33 PM
I see maximum points from the next three games. ......nurse, it's time for my medication!

Noooooo, send the nurse away. Keep enlightening us with your wisdom!!!!
077.gif

GrahamG

Dodgy penalty? You must be joking. The TWO worldies scored have both been for us. Reality is that we have been rubbish so far and have got what we deserved. I wish that it was different but sadly it's not the case. I agree that if all of our players had played jolly well and if our manager had a clue then things would be different and we might be top of the league.