watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goodye

Started by Conway on the wing, August 20, 2015, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

This was my previous point. Are people actually going out of their way to complain to a mod about a title of a post someone made? Can't people just respect an opinion or just ignore the title. In life you can't just remove peoples words. You just remove yourself from them or ignore them.

The mods are sensible enough to change something if its innapropriate without being told.

LBNo11

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2015, 08:34:52 PM
Who left?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

...was it Goma..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889 mkII

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 20, 2015, 09:22:39 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2015, 08:34:52 PM
Who left?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

...was it Goma..?

Oh Ed I didn't expect you to Riise to the occasion like that... :Get Coat gif:
@OsmithFFC

Berserker

It's all going to hell in a handcart
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Blanco on August 20, 2015, 09:20:53 PM
This was my previous point. Are people actually going out of their way to complain to a mod about a title of a post someone made? Can't people just respect an opinion or just ignore the title. In life you can't just remove peoples words. You just remove yourself from them or ignore them.

The mods are sensible enough to change something if its innapropriate without being told.

It was a representative of the club so not exactly normal circumstances.  But you're quite right the mods won't remove something just because we are told to. It was 50/50 but I decided on this occasion it could have been worded better.

It really isn't that big a deal.  Well I didn't think it was
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

BestOfBrede

Blimey Kit posts here!

Best manager ever - hi Kit
:Haynes The Maestro:

Craven Mad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 20, 2015, 09:37:04 PM

It was a representative of the club so not exactly normal circumstances.  But you're quite right the mods won't remove something just because we are told to. It was 50/50 but I decided on this occasion it could have been worded better.

It really isn't that big a deal.  Well I didn't think it was

Club representatives??

What jurisdiction do they have here? They ditched their official forum years ago, tell 'em to leave us in peace!

This website should be about open, honest and respectful discussions about our team, the only reason for a mod to step is if things stop being civil, but you shouldn't step in before and certainly shouldn't step in if the club don't like what they see - they're putting out a lot right now that I don't like seeing, including last night's performance!

We have a right to talk about things without censorship (provided things are civil between posters and [mostly] respectful).

I've always been respectful and appreciative of the efforts made by our mods, but things seem to be getting out of hand right now...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 20, 2015, 09:48:57 PM

It was a representative of the club so not exactly normal circumstances.  But you're quite right the mods won't remove something just because we are told to. It was 50/50 but I decided on this occasion it could have been worded better.

Club representatives??

What jurisdiction do they have here? They ditched their official forum years ago, tell 'em to leave us in peace!

This website should be about open, honest and respectful discussions about our team, the only reason for a mod to step is if things stop being civil, but you shouldn't step in before and certainly shouldn't step in if the club don't like what they see - they're putting out a lot right now that I don't like seeing, including last night's performance!

We have a right to talk about things without censorship (provided things are civil between posters and [mostly] respectful).

I've always been respectful and appreciative of the efforts made by our mods, but things seem to be getting out of hand right now...

Fair point. Learning everyday. Still relatively new to all this so hopefully these things will only make me better for it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

McBride78

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 20, 2015, 09:48:57 PM

Club representatives??

Here yee, here yee.....post of the year so far for IMO.  "they're putting out a lot right now that I don't like seeing, including last night's performance",,,,love it.  Hope the club rep comes back on and reads that sensible and respectful response, because I second it. 

DeuceBigelow

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 20, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: Blanco on August 20, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on August 20, 2015, 08:02:55 PM
All opinions are welcome here... what matters is how you put them across.

I wouldn't say all opinions. But yes, most.

:plus one:

:plus one:
Riverside Block W

JoelH5

I wonder what he posted...
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham Tup North

So once again it comes down to 'Dannyboi ffc'. 
That's twice this week that I know about. 
Come the end of the season there won't be enough of us left to have much of a party will there?
Though, to be fair, at the moment, come the end of the season there won't be much to have a party about anyway.
If it wasn't for DB's tipping games I would happily send him a snooty pm.
Nah, who am I kidding.... Everyone loves DB  ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Barrett487

Who asked for your opinion?

west kowloon white

St Eve

Quote from: Logicalman on August 20, 2015, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 20, 2015, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Conway on the wing on August 20, 2015, 07:54:42 PM
Thanks to you all
Unfortunately my opinions are not welcome on this forum any more
i have been given the red card
096.gig

Perhaps it's because you can't spell a one-word title properly.
Perhaps he's an Aussie, and just saying hello?
That is a classic

Logicalman

Quote from: St Eve on August 21, 2015, 02:31:49 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 20, 2015, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 20, 2015, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Conway on the wing on August 20, 2015, 07:54:42 PM
Thanks to you all
Unfortunately my opinions are not welcome on this forum any more
i have been given the red card
096.gig

Perhaps it's because you can't spell a one-word title properly.
Perhaps he's an Aussie, and just saying hello?
That is a classic

It was a little subtle I guess   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Blanco

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 20, 2015, 11:25:17 PM

Who asked for your opinion?

Right, that's it! I'm quitting the forum. Sick of not being appreciated and respected.

RaySmith

Bit odd this -

almost as if the op, who seems very new to the forum, was looking for an excuse to storm off in a huff -when it doesn't seem as if he had any reason for his righteous anger at all, Danny seeming to have dealt with the situation -of other posters' complaints - very well and diplomatically.

Holders

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 20, 2015, 10:16:06 PM
I wonder what he posted...

So at least we now know for sure that someone at the club reads this board, for what that's worth. I'm all for supporting the club but, this not being an official board, I don't see that they have any right to ask for a post to be censored because it may refer to someone or goings-on at the club unless it's libellous. DB (or any other mod) deciding to modify a title by his own independent judgement (and not without reference to the OP) is another matter altogether. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Riverside

Mods a suggestion

As we have a separate Match Day section can we also have a Board section where
- members can post their resignation notes
- members can grumble about the mods ( my view is that Mod's like refs are needed and rarely appreciated - I thank you all )
- members can indulge in FoF internal "stuff"
Of course few will post there because they want to get noticed . But internal posts can be moved there .

Then we can keep the General Discussion to football where
- we can be informed and have different views but be respectful to those that views differ from ours
- and the occasional joke - Peabody we are die a good one

Needless to say I will stick to the General Discussion but be able to ignore all the internal "banter"