watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Planning

Started by Domino 1879, August 21, 2015, 04:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino 1879

There have been one or two posts concerning the development of the Riverside Stand and (perhaps understanable) suspicions related to the clubs intent.  So I took the opportunity to check out the LBHF planning portal and as far as I can see these are the facts:

The original consent (2012/00038/FUL) was granted in July 13.  This enlarged ground to 30,000 and included hospitality, 6 flats, riverside walk etc..
There was a non-material amendment (2014/04975/NMAT) approved Nov 14 which had minor alterations to layout and added two car parking spaces.
More recently a further non-material amendment (2015/02792/NMAT) on 24th June this year approved further minor amendments and extended lifts to a basement level 'to future proof the building'.
Most recently there has been granted approval in August for works to the Cottage (2015/02899/FUL) including an office at second floor in the roof space.

Now you could be suspicious that the extension of lifts could mean a larger car park underneath is being considered.  This may or may not be the case, but as recorded in the application, it is to 'future proof' the building.  seems to be  asensible move for now.
Moreover, the plans accompanying that application (04975) are detailed and include new axonometric sketches that are informative.  Its worth looking at them.  There is no increase in the number of flats or any suggestion that the design is being changed such that a residential conversion could easily be undertaken. 

In short, they are detailed plans and, for me, more compelling evidence that the club is proceeding with the scheme.  Why would you continue to pay fees on designs and applications if you had no intention of pursuing these?

Some will still have suspicions regarding Shahid Khan's motives, and I confess that I have in the past, but there is no smoking gun here as far as I can see.
Time to focus 100% on the football and get the club back to the Premiership playing in style............and then enjoy the new stand. 

Riverside

Domino
Many thanks
Very informative
This is why I am a FoF as some members making useful factual posts
You though new will clearly be one of them
Keep it up 

west kowloon white

Thanks Domino-some aren't happy without a conspiracy.theory(perhaps understandably given the history).
Presenting information in a misleading manner and calling Khan a liar I find distasteful to put it mildly.

Mighty Maik

H4usuallysitting

Make's perfect sense to me - but I prefer to think we'll be ground sharing with AFC Wimbledon at Plough Lane

west kowloon white

Didn't think Plough Lane was preferable myself.Is it handy for you?

epsomraver

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 21, 2015, 05:14:57 PM
Make's perfect sense to me - but I prefer to think we'll be ground sharing with AFC Wimbledon at Plough Lane

Have a job to play at Plough lane, been built on for years, AFC play at Kingsmeadow  down the road towards Kingston  from Shannons Corner

H4usuallysitting

AFC Wimbledon with Galliard Homes (the owners of the dog track) are awaiting planning permission for a 12k rising to 20k footie ground at Plough Lane on the existing Greyhound Track

epsomraver

Now that is interesting, shame Wimbledon couldn't have done that years ago when that crook Sam aman took over and robbed them blind

H4usuallysitting

I'm wondering if their new ground will incorporate a Nelsons Club/Bar.....fond memories, sticky carpet and nubiles

BestOfBrede

I'm confused..
I didn't think anyone doubted the new stand was going to be built since planning permission was given.

I've been telling my ol' man that it's just waiting for the river authorities to agree transportation and dates!

I really hope this is going ahead - he (ol man) wasn't convinced!