Main Menu

Its our fault

Started by Ged, August 22, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: Tonywa on August 23, 2015, 01:11:41 AM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 22, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
We had no choice:

1 - The team was full of the young academy players that Kit had worked with (Betts, Burn, Kavanagh, Williams, LVC, Woodrow etc.), and therefore knew how to get the best out of
2 - He won 5 of his first 10 games and only lost two (going off the League, not counting the cup)

After that record, we'd have been foolish to have gone another direction, when we had the (apparent) perfect option right there

I would suggest that anyone actually watching those games would have known he was not the right appointment especially that disaster at home to Derby in the League Cup a few weeks after he took over. I've said it before but I can't remember a good performance since he took over. OK We thrashed a dire Bolton side and git that result against Boro in the last home game. other than that we were awful most of the time. Even in the Sheffield Wednesday home win just before Christmas we were outplayed for long periods  but managed to get the goals at the right time.

Spot on. I never wanted him. Those games during his caretaker spell were just papering over cracks, dire performances with lucky results. But too many people got caught up in the romance to see how lucky those results were.
Then we had the arguments that it wasn't his team. Now it's his team and we are still playing dull narrow football

JDH101

I never wanted Kit. From the first time I heard him talk to the press, I knew he was not the right guy for the job. But the majority spoke, You lot won, and here we are.

colinwhite

Noone could argue with the  results he  got when kit was "caretaker" . It would have been a very controversial decision not to appoint him at that point.The fans would have been up in arms and yet another new start ,I don't think so .
At the end of the season  the club should have thought again ,and maybe we have .perhaps there is a plan b . I doubt it though somehow .

Beamer

Nobody can seriously believe that Kit was kept on because the fans wanted it can they. I have no idea what the reasons were for keeping him but I'm pretty sure that 'the fans want it' or 'the fans would be unhappy if we change him' would be a long way down the list.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Beamer on August 23, 2015, 07:54:32 AM
Nobody can seriously believe that Kit was kept on because the fans wanted it can they. I have no idea what the reasons were for keeping him but I'm pretty sure that 'the fans want it' or 'the fans would be unhappy if we change him' would be a long way down the list.

Khan wasn't in a position to do something to anger the fans though.  Everything Kit had said at the time was "make me full time manager, or I'm gonna leave".  On the back of his success with the U21s, his immediate results when he was caretaker and his history with the club as a player, had Khan said "kthnxbai" and hired someone else thus "forcing" Kit out of the club a huge majority of fans would have been up in arms about it.  Especially having been relegated in his first season - it was (wrongly) a decision made from the heart not the head, but it was understandable at the time.

Less understandable was not replacing him in the summer - something we've now done in the last three seasons.

Arthur

Quote from: Beamer on August 23, 2015, 07:54:32 AM
Nobody can seriously believe that Kit was kept on because the fans wanted it can they.

Yes.

We had been relegated and Magath's reign as manager had been deeply unpopular. The widespread backing for Symons made it impossible to appoint someone other than him without compounding the supporters' frustration at what was happening.

Had the Club dispensed with Symons following our first decent run of results in over a year and the new manager had then failed to maintain Kit's run of form, it doesn't take much imagination to work out what the mood of the supporters would have been. Even the extensive criticism that the Club are receiving now cannot compare with the anger that would have been vented in such a circumstance.

leonffc

And Murphy was criticised on here for suggesting a different name than Kit not so long ago. Haha. Fickle lot

Reznor

It's dillusional to believe we the fans had any impact on Kit's appointment. A couple of hundred fans chanting his name for 5 seconds here and there hardly constitutes mass backing. It is looking more and more like he was employed because he was cheap and a yes man, full stop.

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on August 23, 2015, 03:41:34 PM
And Murphy was criticised on here for suggesting a different name than Kit not so long ago. Haha. Fickle lot
yes because neil lennon would be a vast improvement. it takes a manager of a certain quality to get a team below us in the league. lennon has those qualities, bullit dodged with him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

Quote from: Reznor on August 23, 2015, 03:54:56 PM
It's dillusional to believe we the fans had any impact on Kit's appointment. A couple of hundred fans chanting his name for 5 seconds here and there hardly constitutes mass backing. It is looking more and more like he was employed because he was cheap and a yes man, full stop.

Are you saying that Symons wasn't a popular choice? Or merely that the Club weren't aware that he would be a popular choice?

I can point to the fact that there were occasions in the home matches with Norwich and Charlton when thousands - not merely hundreds - of supporters chanted Symons' name. I can also say that I read many more posts on this board calling for Symons to be appointed than for all of the other candidates combined.

I wonder what you can point to for your view that Kit is 'cheap and a yes man'. As it stands, your claim is the more speculative.

grandad

Not mine

Re: I would like to congratulate
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
I want Kit to continue doing the fantastic job he is doing. I would hate to see him as manager. Horses for courses.

I supported him after he was appointed but now go back to what I said last September.
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2015, 04:15:15 PM
yes because neil lennon would be a vast improvement. it takes a manager of a certain quality to get a team below us in the league. lennon has those qualities, bullit dodged with him

I'm saying that Murphy was criticised for a suggestion. But so many delusional fans wanted a bloke that wasn't good enough. How many delusionalists hated Lennon (and mocked Danny - even still want him as boss?)
But now everyone wants kit out!!

Personally, I didn't see the attraction with Kit. I'm not making any noises for 'Kit out' but I am smug about the whole thing. But then I was about the 'throw the kids in' at the FA cup game when I saw it as an opportunity for the first 11 to kick on with confidence. Some people just don't know football.

love4ffc

Hindsight is always 20/20.  The majority of us wanted Kit in.  Things haven't worked out.  Hopefully something will change and change soon.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on August 23, 2015, 06:13:14 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 23, 2015, 04:15:15 PM

I'm saying that Murphy was criticised for a suggestion. But so many delusional fans wanted a bloke that wasn't good enough. How many delusionalists hated Lennon (and mocked Danny - even still want him as boss?)
But now everyone wants kit out!!

Personally, I didn't see the attraction with Kit. I'm not making any noises for 'Kit out' but I am smug about the whole thing. But then I was about the 'throw the kids in' at the FA cup game when I saw it as an opportunity for the first 11 to kick on with confidence. Some people just don't know football.
I criticised Murphy because it was a crap suggestion
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Skatzoffc

"Oh so its my fault is it?

All the time I thought it was someone else's fault, because I wasn't even here.
And all the time it was my fault.

Well I guess I should be punished then.
Who's a naughty boy eh?"  smack, smack, smack, etc, etc

Basil Fawlty - Fawlty Towers.

:doh:

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Tonywa on August 23, 2015, 01:12:34 AM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 23, 2015, 12:12:05 AM
He was the perfect caretaker appointment to see the season out but that was as far as it should've gone!

Mark Warburton should've come in and Kit back to u21s.

He wasn't the perfect caretaker he nearly got us relegated.

We didn't get relegated though, we stayed up!

Everyone knew promotion was way off by the time Kit came in.

After the Magath period, we needed someone with a positive outlook and knows the players - knows the club.

Symons was the perfect appointment (as nearly everyone agreed probably including you!) to steady the ship and see the season out.