Main Menu

Its our fault

Started by Ged, August 22, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

Just under a year ago the fans chose Kit Symons as there Manager
Now its time to addmit we made a mistake and say sorry

The Enclosurite

There is no need for anyone who wanted Kit in to say sorry.  If the results had gone the other way and he had been a success would the doubters hold their hands up and say sorry?
You bet they wouldn't!

The problem is here and now.  The ultimate decisions lay in the hands of the men upstairs and the next one they have to get right.
¡COYW!

Andy S

They never got the last decision right. What makes you think they have a cat in hells chance of getting the next one right?

The Enclosurite

I don't but that's why they earn the big bucks I don't!!
¡COYW!

Ged

Quote from: Andy S on August 22, 2015, 06:46:35 PM
They never got the last decision right. What makes you think they have a cat in hells chance of getting the next one right?
We choose kit as Manager they were scared to go against our choice
Now its time to say we were wrong and wish kit all the best

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Ged on August 22, 2015, 06:26:45 PM

So who should have been chosen from the managers available at the time?

You also forget that Symons seemed to turn the team around in double quick time after Magath had been ousted. A pity that was the high point of his reign.

mikestrand

I think virtually all of us realised our hasty mistake before the end of last season, unfortunately Rigg hadn't been around enough to share our realisation., I feel sure he must be starting to understand now.

GrahamG

I didn't ever want Kit Symons as manager. He still seems a nice guy and I have fond memories of him as a player but....

General

I didn't choose Kit  - it was the delegation Khan put in place which included no managers to choose Kit as our manager - it was a ridiculously soft approach and has got us nowhere since.

We need Symons to be out of here - khan needs to hire an experienced manager, someone who manages the team, who motivates them and has more layers tactically to their managerial style.

We need strength in depth - we have parachute payments which should be available, plus our outgoings are smaller than our incomings in regards to transfer fees. Although I can imagine our attendance income is falling. I hope Khan isn't using us as a tax avoidance project or to take our money to line his own pockets.

Isn't there anything legal governing bodies can do if something like this seems to happen soo rapidly with such clear financial misgivings between status of a club and owners own financial benefits. It's happened quite a few times with new owners and is very suspect and a worrying trend.

As for the argument that Symons turned around the team in double quick time after Magath came through - anyone would've and that's more proof that Magath had buggered up a very able team of players and their ability when away from stress helped hugely. Then Kit got past the honeymoon period and had to rely on his ability our results downgraded hugely.

davew

Rubbish, please don't generalise!! I think there were a lot of fans who were sceptical about the appointment, clutching at straws and hoping there would be an improvement. Why didn't we appoint the 5 strong selection committee to act as manager, couldn't have been any worse than what has been achieved since.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ged

Quote from: davew on August 22, 2015, 07:53:22 PM
Why didn't we appoint the 5 strong selection committee to act as manager, couldn't have been any worse than what has been achieved since.
What are you on about?
A five man committee as manager God help us

Rhys Lightning 63

We had no choice:

1 - The team was full of the young academy players that Kit had worked with (Betts, Burn, Kavanagh, Williams, LVC, Woodrow etc.), and therefore knew how to get the best out of
2 - He won 5 of his first 10 games and only lost two (going off the League, not counting the cup)

After that record, we'd have been foolish to have gone another direction, when we had the (apparent) perfect option right there
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Ged

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 22, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
We had no choice:

1 - The team was full of the young academy players that Kit had worked with (Betts, Burn, Kavanagh, Williams, LVC, Woodrow etc.), and therefore knew how to get the best out of
2 - He won 5 of his first 10 games and only lost two (going off the League, not counting the cup)

After that record, we'd have been foolish to have gone another direction, when we had the (apparent) perfect option right there
I agree but we must now stand up and say we got it wrong

Barrie

The club should've discerned that kit doesn't have enough about him at the end of last season and pulled the trigger then.  He should've been told he had til the end of the season to make his case for continuing in charge. 

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

dannyboi-ffc

I admit it. At the time the romantic side of me shone through and I thought Kit was the perfect choice. After having someone who misunderstood everything Fulham represented and meant to the fans it seemed the perfect fit having someone we knew and loved that loved us back.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out, I would suggest that he was not necessarily the wrong appointment initially. He did his job and kept us up. I feel the poor decision was in the summer, that's when we should have changed it and to be fair most fans wanted that change in May.

So not sure whose to blame. Us, the board for keeping him on or the 5 man panel. Probably easier to blame Ali Mack lol. It's all his fault I reckon
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Julius Geezer

He was the perfect caretaker appointment to see the season out but that was as far as it should've gone!

Mark Warburton should've come in and Kit back to u21s.

nose

i think kit was the right choice but unfortunately it hasn't worked out and isn't likely too. we had to give him a proper chance and i think we have. i have seen enough to know we need to make a change. a shame cause i really like the man and do not want it to end in the usual horrible way.

Tonywa

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 22, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
We had no choice:

I would suggest that anyone actually watching those games would have known he was not the right appointment especially that disaster at home to Derby in the League Cup a few weeks after he took over. I've said it before but I can't remember a good performance since he took over. OK We thrashed a dire Bolton side and git that result against Boro in the last home game. other than that we were awful most of the time. Even in the Sheffield Wednesday home win just before Christmas we were outplayed for long periods  but managed to get the goals at the right time.

Tonywa

Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 23, 2015, 12:12:05 AM
He was the perfect caretaker appointment to see the season out but that was as far as it should've gone!

Mark Warburton should've come in and Kit back to u21s.

He wasn't the perfect caretaker he nearly got us relegated.

Arthur

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 22, 2015, 06:53:54 PM
So who should have been chosen from the managers available at the time?

Chris Hughton was available and, according to media reports, willing to come to us. Our loss is Brighton's gain.

Quote from: mikestrand on August 22, 2015, 07:02:16 PM
I think virtually all of us realised our hasty mistake before the end of last season, unfortunately Rigg hadn't been around enough to share our realisation., I feel sure he must be starting to understand now.

Good point.