watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

this could be interesting?

Started by WhiteJC, July 25, 2010, 03:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Martin-O-Neill-threat-to-quit-Aston-Villa-if-Ashley-Young-is-sold-to-Liverpool-or-Tottenham-article536725.html
O'Neill threat to quit Villa if Young is sold

Martin O'Neill will consider his future at Aston Villa if there is any attempt to sell Ashley Young behind his back.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has put Young at the top of his shopping list but fears Villa's valuation of the player is likely to put paid to any interest.

Tottenham are also reported to be tracking the 25-year-old England international.

O'Neill is ready to allow James Milner to join Manchester City if they meet Villa's near £30 million valuation, but the Irishman would give serious thought to quitting Villa if Young is sold against his wishes.

A source close to O'Neill said: "Martin intends to build on Villa's from last season and the sale of key players at the club would severely undermine his ambitions.

"Young is priceless to Martin and if there was any attempt to enter into negotiations over his sale behind his back he would feel completely undermined and put in an untenable situation at the club.

"The Milner situation is completely different. He has two years left on his contract and intimated that he wants to leave and has no intention of signing a new deal at Villa Park.

"It makes financial sense for Villa to consider selling him."

Despite interest in Young the player has already intimated he wants to stay at the club and is willing to sign a new deal.

Young said: "If an offer comes about I'm more than happy to stay at the club."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Martin-O-Neill-threat-to-quit-Aston-Villa-if-Ashley-Young-is-sold-to-Liverpool-or-Tottenham-article536725.html#ixzz0uhm5UWY6

... I hope MacIntosh has O'Neill's phone number, you never know ... a call at the right time :032:

FFCSteve

Interesting & Good as this would be, it ain't gonna happen in the time frame available!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

HatterDon

I remember quite well during the 3-season long FIRE COOKIE NOW era that Martin O'Neil was a huge fan favorite as Coleman's possible replacement. I have a lot of time for him as a tactician, but his insistence on fielding as many English players as possible must be playing hob with Villa's finances, overpaid and overvalued in the transfer market as they are.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on July 25, 2010, 05:50:26 PM
I remember quite well during the 3-season long FIRE COOKIE NOW era that Martin O'Neil was a huge fan favorite as Coleman's possible replacement. I have a lot of time for him as a tactician, but his insistence on fielding as many English players as possible must be playing hob with Villa's finances, overpaid and overvalued in the transfer market as they are.
I dont know about that HDm most of O'Neils signings seem to go up in value. Would love him here, but cant see it happening.

Fernhurst

I think we should suck back and take stock on this one Lads..... this man's decision making abilities are questionable.......

:036: HE BOUGHT ZAT :036:

BarryP

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 25, 2010, 11:07:02 PM
I think we should suck back and take stock on this one Lads..... this man's decision making abilities are questionable.......

:036: HE BOUGHT ZAT :036:

If all of his transactions can upgrade the Fulham squad the way that one did we should hire him away from Villa at whatever cost necessary.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

beijing ben

It would be incredible to get him but why would he come to us? It would not make sense for him unless he secretly supports us. Jol saw us as an opportunity to get back into the premiership. If he had have been successful he would have moved on but even for him it would have been a big step backwards. Eriksson is at that point too, where he may need to take a step back in order to get to where he thinks he belongs. O'Neill doesn't need to do that. If he left Villa he would wait for something else