watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Colin Murray

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, August 24, 2015, 11:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Call in dedicated to fulham from 12 if any of you want to grumble on air. £100 wickes vouchers for the best call. I won't be calling in but I will be listening.

Reznor

Surprised 'little ole Fulham' as they see us is getting a bit of airtime. Maybe instigated by Danny?

millsy

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

west kowloon white

Can anyone provide feedback if anything of interest was said?

Burt

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 24, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
Can anyone provide feedback if anything of interest was said?

Looks like there wasn't anything of interest  :005:

west kowloon white

What a surprise.Need a marquee signing later today then.

millsy

Despite trailering a Fulham phone-in, he opened with a piece about how nice a man Aguero is for stopping the game yesterday and took a call from the stricken mans son, who reported that his dad was fine today.

Next he spoke to his guest about Sunderlands situ and took calls from Sunderland supporters, one of whom spoke at length and had a detailed exchange with the hosts.

Now onto Fulham but all I heard was one guy called Mike, who simply recounted events from Hughes to today and said he was "worried". Murray said he was at CC for the first time since relegation and noticed the apprehensive atmosphere, which was so unlike his previous good experiences of visiting, what he described as one of the top 5 grounds he would tell neutrals to visit, to sample English football at its best.

They then broke for ads and we're moving on to other issues.

That was it. No wonder I no longer listen to this crap station.

Jonaldiniho 88

In fairness it's a phone in. I mentioned it as he billed it as a fulham related discussion. On one fulham fan got on it calked mike. Was that you MJG? I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time. It wasn't intensional. The fan that did speak pretty much summed it up perfectly and at least the thousands listening know we are not happy. More importantly the club will be aware of all that was said and will not want the club to look bad on a national station so hopefully they may react.

millsy

Sorry J, not complaining about you, appreciate the tip that we were being featured. Sadly, we're no longer newsworthy.

The Mike who rang in spoke well and summed up our recent history quite succinctly. Unfortunately, he finished weakly and stopped short of reflecting the feelings of the majority, that we're fed up with the football being served up and we demand action from the club to get us back on track!

Missed opportunity in my view and if we'd been given at least a 15 min slot, I'm sure the fans message would have got across.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2015, 11:59:10 PM
Sorry J, not complaining about you, appreciate the tip that we were being featured. Sadly, we're no longer newsworthy.

The Mike who rang in spoke well and summed up our recent history quite succinctly. Unfortunately, he finished weakly and stopped short of reflecting the feelings of the majority, that we're fed up with the football being served up and we demand action from the club to get us back on track!

Missed opportunity in my view and if we'd been given at least a 15 min slot, I'm sure the fans message would have got across.

No offence taken don't worry. I was hoping for more but being fulham, we tend to be understated and quiet. I really like talksport. Don't get me wrong I know it's awful. It's the Jeremy Kyle of sports journalism but I love sport and they talk about it a lot. I think in the five years of me listening this is the second or third fulham fan I've ever heard. Every day you can call in between 12-12.30 and complain about fulham. The more that call in the more air we will get. I'm so indifferent about us right know I can't call in. I just don't know what we should do. I don't rate kit but like him. I also think a swift kill (get him out early) would probably benefit us in the long term. I think it's incredibly harsh to keep him on and give him four games, two draws, one cup win and one loss then sack him.

westcliff white

TS has always been rubbish at the end of the season Brazil said someone was taking over, the Andy Gray and Richard Keys mentioned someone else and then Hawksbee and Jacobs said someone else as well, whole station is complete tosh and the presenters are not much better

leonffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2015, 05:16:25 PM
What Talk Cobblers know about football, you could write on the back of a Postage Stamp.

Or in a newspaper!! I don't see that talksport is any different to other media outlets. It's more reliable than Tabloids at least. And just about everything you read on the web, especially social media.
Everyone is quick to knock TS but then hangs off words that people slap on Twitter, FB and even on here. In fact, especially on here. If it's something someone wants to believe then a mates mate is totally reliable. If not, we need a source

westcliff white

I se eit the other way they are as bad as or maybe worse than some of the red tops, all media outlets will speculate but the thing about TS is that they have different shows contradicting their selves.

As for social media outlets people will believe what they want to from these guys, so called ITK';s make me laugh, I love twitter for the rumours makes me laugh as I say, sometimes I put online especially if more than 5 ITK's have the same story my reasoning being they cant all have the same source, but they can be quite funny

alfie

Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2015, 07:46:44 PM
Despite trailering a Fulham phone-in, he opened with a piece about how nice a man Aguero is for stopping the game yesterday and took a call from the stricken mans son, who reported that his dad was fine today.

Next he spoke to his guest about Sunderlands situ and took calls from Sunderland supporters, one of whom spoke at length and had a detailed exchange with the hosts.

Now onto Fulham but all I heard was one guy called Mike, who simply recounted events from Hughes to today and said he was "worried". Murray said he was at CC for the first time since relegation and noticed the apprehensive atmosphere, which was so unlike his previous good experiences of visiting, what he described as one of the top 5 grounds he would tell neutrals to visit, to sample English football at its best.

So you are saying it is talksports fault that no one phoned in, Why did you not phone in then ?
or do you just expect others to do it
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2015, 01:30:28 PM
Quote from: millsy on August 24, 2015, 07:46:44 PM

So you are saying it is talksports fault that no one phoned in, Why did you not phone in then ?
or do you just expect others to do it

Got to agree. They gave an opportunity for people to ring in and they had one caller. Are they supposed to maintain radio silence until someone else calls or 'talk about sport' and go for contracted ad breaks whilst they wait?
A bit of a bizarre rant that. Especially quoting Murray as saying it was in his top 5 grounds but he's noticed an edge this season. A compliment and an honest assessment hardly gives ground for it being a crap station

MJG

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 24, 2015, 11:36:56 PM
In fairness it's a phone in. I mentioned it as he billed it as a fulham related discussion. On one fulham fan got on it calked mike. Was that you MJG? I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time. It wasn't intensional. The fan that did speak pretty much summed it up perfectly and at least the thousands listening know we are not happy. More importantly the club will be aware of all that was said and will not want the club to look bad on a national station so hopefully they may react.
Nope not me

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

BedsFFC

Had a guest on the H & J show today, John Kearns. A Fulham fan.

Perception of us was that we had fallen badly and was about survival more than anything else.