more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (26/08/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 25, 2015, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Celtic eye move for Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta - sources

Celtic are eyeing a move for Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta, sources have told ESPN FC.

Amorebieta, 30, joined Fulham from Athletic Bilbao in the summer of 2013 and made 26 appearances in his debut season, but could not prevent the club from suffering relegation.

The Venezuelan missed three months of the Championship season through injury and ended the campaign on loan at Middlesbrough, helping the club reach the playoff final with the winner in the first leg of their semifinal clash with Brentford.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2580386/celtic-eye-move-for-fulham-defender-fernando-amorebieta?

WhiteJC

International Call-Ups

Cauley Woodrow has been named in the latest England Under-21 squad, and is one of a number of Fulham players who will join up with their respective countries during the upcoming international period. Any further call-ups will be detailed on fulhamfc.com in due course.

Senior team

Nikolay Bodurov – Bulgaria (European Championship Qualifiers)

Jesse Joronen – Finland (European Championship Qualifiers)

Under-23s

Emerson Hyndman – United States (Friendlies)

Under-21s

Lasse Vigen Christensen – Denmark (Friendlies)

Liam Donnelly – Northern Ireland (UEFA U21 Qualifiers)

Jordan Evans – Wales (UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Marek Rodák – Slovakia (Challenge Trophy Final, UEFA U21 Qualifier)

Cauley Woodrow – England (Friendlies)

Under-19s

Aron Davies – Wales (Friendly)

Anthony Dolan – Republic of Ireland (Friendly)

Shane Elworthy – Republic of Ireland (Friendly)

Mattias Kait – Estonia (Friendlies)

Under-18s

Harrison Paton – Canada (International event)

Under-17s

Luca de la Torre – United States (International tournament)

Tayo Edun – England (Friendlies)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/25/international-call-ups?

WhiteJC

Crawley Town looking to extend Fulham defender's loan spell

Liam Donnelly

CRAWLEY Town manager Mark Yates has confirmed he is looking to extend the loan deal of Fulham defender Liam Donnelly, which is due to expire this week.

The only blip on what was otherwise a perfect win for Crawley on Saturday was the dismissal of on-loan Donnelly, 19, after he picked up a second yellow card in the later stages of the 3-0 win over Cambridge United.

And while Yates confirmed he would be looking to extend the Fulham youngster's loan, the right-back faces a fight for his place after impressive performances at Cambridge United.

"Yes we will look to extend it," the manager said of Donnelly's loan.

"We had a few knocks leading up to the [Cambridge] game so I picked a team that had a bit of balance and I though could win the game. "We moved Liam into the middle of the park, which he has done before at Fulham, and Joe [McNerney] across to right full-back, where I thought he was excellent. His defending was good and his distribution was good too.

"Christian Scales made his League debut and I thought he was really good and expect there is more to come from him. I changed the team from Tuesday but it was more out of necessity; it worked but whatever team we pick on Saturday I believe that will work as well."

Read more: http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Crawley-Town-looking-extend-Fulham-defender-s/story-27673062-detail/story.html#ixzz3jrABhQpM
Follow us: @crawley_news on Twitter | crawleynews on Facebook

WhiteJC

Why Tim Ream opted to sign for Fulham instead of QPR

American defender was impressed by Shahid Khan and the chance to follow in the footsteps of the Whites' American greats

Tim Ream revealed the chance to follow in the likes of Clint Dempsey's footsteps was the reason why he opted to join Fulham over QPR.

The American completed his move to Craven Cottage last week and was an unused substitute as the Whites drew with Huddersfield on Saturday.

The defender is in line to make his debut against Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup tonight and he will be following in the footsteps of some of his idols.

Ream told NBC: "The biggest thing was that the guys who have come before me. The American guys. [Brian] McBride. [Carlos] Bocanegra. Clint Dempsey. Eddie Lewis. Kasey Keller.

"All of those guys, seeing how well they've done at this club and seeing the type of history they have created, it seemed like the right fit. Walking into the training ground, it just felt right."

He added: "Knowing and watching Brian McBride most of all, playing at the same University as him at St. Louis, I really followed his career and watched him do so well here for so many years.

"Then with Clint [Dempsey] and Carlos [Bocanegra] carrying that torch after him, it definitely swayed me in that aspect, knowing how much history Americans have at this club and a history of doing well. That was the tipping point."

Ream admitted he had mixed emotions about leaving Bolton and described it as one of the toughest decisions he had to make.

"Mixed emotions is a good way to describe it," Ream added. "When I left Bolton's training ground on Thursday it was surreal. I spent the last three-and-a-half years there and it has been home.

"I've met a lot of good people and created a lot of good friendships. It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make but it is an exciting time."

He went on: "It is really exciting. I mean London is London... you don't have to describe it any other way, do you?

"It is like New York, it is on that level. There is so much history down here with the city and then you throw on top of that all the history with the club. It is an exciting time to be here and hopefully I will be here for many, many years,"

QPR had been in line to sign Ream but his agent Patrick McCabe revealed that they came to the decision Fulham was the club for him and noted the influence of chairman Shahid Khan.

"QPR had been tracking Tim for some time and they had been diligent in making offers. Fulham had also expressed strong interest but took a little longer to formally make an offer. So we just were not sure how things would play out," McCabe explained.

"For weeks, it seemed like QPR was the only suitor and Tim would have been happy to join them. When Fulham entered the picture, we evaluated everything and Fulham seemed to be a better fit for his future.

"There is a strong owner with Mr Khan and a defined culture at the club where many American players have enjoyed the best years of their careers.

"We hope that Tim can continue that trend. Chris (Ramsey) and Les (Ferdinand) were eager to have him at QPR but Tim made his preference known and a deal was struck."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tim-ream-opted-sign-fulham-9926345?

WhiteJC

McCormack back on form as Fulham beat nine-man Sheffield United

Fulham 3 Sheffield United 0

Ross McCormack struck twice and Moussa Dembele grabbed his first of the season as Fulham progressed through the Capital One Cup second round via nine-man Sheffield United.

McCormack converted a penalty after he was fouled in the box by Craig Alcock on 62 minutes and then swept home the second 13 minutes later from the edge of the box.

The League One visitors finished the game two players down after substitute Jose Baxter and defender Kieran Wallace were both shown straight cards in the final moments of the game.

And Dembele found an empty net in stoppage time after a scramble in the United penalty area.

The scoreline will point towards a dominant Fulham performance but United were not without their chances to win the game, especially in a frustrating first half for the Whites.

Blades striker Martyn Woolford forced Andy Lonergan to tip a long-range shot round his left-hand post early on and, after Fulham's Ryan Tunnicliffe smashed a half-volley against the bar on 12 minutes, Marc McNulty made Lonergan save well again, this time to his right.

Fulham enjoyed a 15-minute spell of dominance that saw Dembele almost find the far corner with a low shot from an acute angle, while McCormack, looking sharper than his previous outings, startled United keeper George Long early in the second half with a quick turn and shot.

The breakthrough came when McCormack attempted an overhead kick and was pulled backwards by Alcock and the Whites forward sent Long the wrong way from the spot.

United responded well and should have done better with a chance given to substitute Connor Dimaio but they then gave McCormack too much space on the edge of the box and allowed him to double Fulham's lead.

Captain Baxter deserved to be dismissed after a late and dangerously high tackle on substitute Tom Cairney on 88 minutes and then Wallace hauled down Dembele as the last defender deep into stoppage time.

But there was still enough seconds left for Dembele to add a third in the aftermath of the resulting free-kick.

Fulham: Lonergan; Richards, Ream (Bodurov 80), Burn, Voser; Kacaniklic (Cairney 64), Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Pringle; McCormack, Dembele.
Subs not used: Lewis, Woodrow, Hyndman, Kavanagh, Cole.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/mccormack-back-on-form-as-fulham-beat-nine-man-sheffield-united?

WhiteJC

Result: Ross McCormack spot on for Fulham against Sheffield United

Ross McCormack's second-half brace, including one from the penalty spot, helped Fulham knock 2015 semi-finalists Sheffield United out of the Capital One Cup.

The Blades almost gave their travelling support plenty to shout about at Craven Cottage when Martyn Woolford's shot was saved by Andy Lonergan in the opening minutes.

However, Fulham gave Nigel Adkins' men a scare when Ryan Tunnicliffe unleashed a fierce shot that came back off George Long's crossbar.

Midway through the half, Alexander Kacaniklic was denied by Long before Moussa Dembele twice squandered opportunities to give the Cottagers a half-time lead.

Instead, United came close to edging ahead, but Woolford was again denied by the intervention of Lonergan.

However, Fulham were awarded a penalty on 64 minutes when Tunnicliffe was brought down in the area by Kieran Wallace.

McCormack stepped up slide his spot kick into the bottom corner of Long's net.

Michael Higdon tried to equalise for the visitors, but blazed over Lonergan's bar to keep Kit Symons's men ahead.

Fulham made the Blades pay for their missed chances when Ben Pringle teed up McCormack and the ex-Leeds United forward placed his shot beyond the reach of Long.

The South Yorkshire side's night worsened when Jose Baxter was sent off in the 88th minute before Wallace was also dismissed soon after as the away side finished the game with nine men.

Dembele rounded off United's miserable evening with a third goal in the fourth minute of stoppage time to see the Cottagers safely through.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/league-cup/result/result-ross-mccormack-spot-on-for-fulham_241773.html

WhiteJC

Symons relieved after Fulham secure win

Manager Kit Symons admitted his relief after progressing through the Capital One Cup second round and hopes Fulham can now end their bad run of results in the league.

Ross McCormack scored twice and Moussa Dembele bagged his first of the season as the Whites saw off nine-man Sheffield United 3-0 at Craven Cottage.

Symons' side are yet to win in their opening four Championship fixtures and he bemoaned injuries to a number of key players at the weekend.

Symons said: "Because of the way results have gone we needed to put in a good performance tonight and win the game, and because we've picked up so many injuries lately we needed to get through a game without any of those either.

"There was a lot of boxes that needed to be ticked tonight and thankfully we have done all of them. We played well, scored three times, kept a clean sheet and come through without any injuries.

"You need some luck here and there and hopefully we've turned the corner with the bad luck."

Jamie O'Hara missed the game through illness and Shaun Hutchinson was unavailable after a blow to the head on Saturday, but Symons says both will be in contention for this weekend's trip to Rotherham.

"Hutch is allowed to train on Thursday. He felt fine but because of the nature of it we had to follow the strict concussion protocols that are in place," Symons said.

"I had a phone call this morning that Jamie had been up all night being sick, and with all these injuries you think it never rains but it pours. But these things happen and you have to get on with it, which we will do."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/symons-relieved-after-fulham-earn-first-win-of-season?

WhiteJC

Fulham 3 Sheffield United 0: Adkins unhappy at Baxter's "reckless challenge"

Fulham manager Kit Symons was quick to praise Ross McCormack as his side beat Sheffield United 3-0 at Craven Cottage in the Capital One Cup second round.

Two goals in the second half from McCormack and a strike by Moussa Dembele proved to be the difference between the sides, in a game that was ultimately comfortable for the Sky Bet Championship outfit.

Sheffield United finished the game with nine men following the late dismissals of Jose Baxter and Kieran Wallace.

Fulham took the lead in the 62nd minute after McCormack was tugged back in the area by Craig Alcock. The Fulham captain made no mistake from the penalty spot by sending goalkeeper George Long the wrong way.

McCormack made sure of his side's progression with a low drive from the edge of the box past Long, while Dembele was foiled by Long who kept out his 77th-minute bullet header.

The dismissals of Baxter for a lunge on Tom Cairney and Wallace for a professional foul on Dembele compounded the misery, before the Frenchman finally netted with a strike outside the box in injury time.

Symons said "We needed a win, it was as simple as that. Ideally I was after a performance and a win and I think we got both. I was very pleased overall.

"Ross looked very sharp tonight, he's worked incredibly hard in pre-season, he's the sharpest and the fittest he's been since he's been here at the club.

"You want to see that rewarded - he was a bit disappointed in the first four league games as we all were, so it's good to see him up and running.

"Dembele needs to become more clinical in front of goal, because he had numerous chances, but many of them he created himself with his pace and his power. He worked very hard.

"Because of the way the results have gone we needed a good performance. There were a lot of boxes that needed to be ticked and thankfully we've done all that - we've played well."

United manager Nigel Adkins felt his side were still in the game until the second goal from McCormack.

"We've come here against a good side in Fulham. We could have gone ahead at the very beginning, from Martyn Woolford," Adkins said.

"Unfortunately it was a penalty on the hour, and we're still in the game. We were conscious of the kind of substitutions we could make during the game.

"We turned our back and then they got the second one, and really the disappointing thing is the stupid challenge from Jose Baxter, to get himself sent off - it was a reckless challenge.

"At the very end, we've got caught on the counter and Kieran, who has been magnificent for us, unfortunately tugged back on the player and gave the referee no option but to send him off.

"So that was the most frustrating bit, the last 10 minutes. Obviously I've had a few words with Jose."

Fulham: Lonergan, Richards, Ream, Burn, Voser, Kacaniklic, Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Pringle, McCormack, Dembele. Subs: Lewis, Bodurov, Cairney, Woodrow, Hyndman, Kavanagh, Cole.

Sheff Utd: Long, Alcock, McGahey, Kieran Wallace, McFadzean, De Girolamo, Reed, James Wallace, Woolford, McNulty, Higdon. Subs: Howard, Freeman, Baxter, Sammon, Adams, Dimaio, Edgar.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-u/fulham-3-sheffield-united-0-adkins-unhappy-at-baxter-s-reckless-challenge-1-7428246?

WhiteJC

Manager Reaction

Kit Symons was left satisfied after his Fulham side defeated Sheffield United 3-0 courtesy of a confident performance in the Second Round of the Capital One Cup.

"We needed a win, it was as simple as that," he admitted. "I was after a good performance and a win, and I think we got both. We should have scored more goals but 3-0, we'll take that. I was very pleased overall.

"Because of the way our results have gone, we needed a good performance and to win the game. Because of the way we've picked up so many injuries lately, we needed to get through without picking up any more.

"There were a lot of boxes which needed to be ticked tonight and thankfully we've done all that. We played well, scored three goals, kept a clean sheet and come through without any injuries.

"We talk about the little bit of luck you need here and there sometimes, but hopefully we've turned a corner with the bad luck. Even this morning I was getting a phone call saying Jamie O'Hara had been up sick all night so he wasn't in contention. It never rains, but it pours. But these things happen and you've just got to get on with it, and we will do."

Ross McCormack got off the mark for the season with a penalty and a well taken strike in the second half, and his Manager was pleased to see last term's leading marksman net for the first time.

"He looked very sharp tonight," Symons said. "He's worked incredibly hard, he's the sharpest and he's the fittest he's ever been since he's been at this Club. And that's through his own hard work, so you want to see that rewarded.

"He was a little bit disappointed after the first four league games, as we all were, so it's good to see him up and running now and looking sharp."

The win was sewn up in stoppage time through Moussa Dembélé's effort. The Frenchman's display was full of energy but it looked as though a goal was going to prove elusive, until he struck in the 94th minute.

"He had plenty of chances and he needs to become a lot more clinical in front of goal because he had numerous chances, but a lot of them he created himself with his pace and his power," Symons said of Dembélé's performance.

"He worked very hard today – there was an option certainly to bring Cauley [Woodrow] on for him but I had to be careful with substitutions because we knew Tim [Ream] wasn't going to do the 90 minutes.

"But I really wanted Moussa to score, I wanted him to get the rewards for his hard work. He'd been sloppy with a few of his chances but I was very pleased when he scored his goal."

Symons was also asked if he expected to bring any further signings to the Club, to which he responded: "I hope so. I'm very, very confident there will be more additions. We're looking at two or three – two at least, maybe three, that's what we're after."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/25/manager-reaction

WhiteJC

Sheffield United: Boss Adkins fuming at Baxter after 'stupid' red card at Fulham

Sheffield United midfielder Jose Baxter felt the full force of Nigel Adkins' wrath after receiving a "stupid" red card during last night's Capital One Cup defeat at Fulham.

The visitors were trailing 2-0 when Baxter was dismissed for a scything challenge on fellow substitute Tom Cairney.

United's frustration was compounded when Kieran Wallace also received his marching orders for a foul on Moussa Dembele. Although Adkins expressed a degree of sympathy for the young defender - "It was unfortunate, a shame" - he admitted there were no excuses for Baxter's actions.

"It was a stupid challenge from Jose," the United manager fumed. "That was the big disappointment for me. I had a few words with Jose in the dressing room afterwards, yes. You won't be surprised to hear that."

"Young Kieran has been magnificent for us," Adkins continued.

"He had a super game here and then he's just tugged back on their player and given the referee no option I suppose because he was the last man.

"That was a shame but Jose's was a stupid challenge. There's absolutely no getting away from that. And he knows it too."

United will now be without Baxter for games against Swindon Town, Hartlepool and Colchester.

Adkins made 10 changes for the second round tie at Craven Cottage and his side kept Fulham at bay until just past the hour when Ross McCormack scored the first of his two goals from the penalty spot before Dembele made it 3-0 in added time.

"It's not about 11 players, it's about the group, and it's important we utilise that," Adkins said. "Because this season is a long hard grind. We'd made the same plans for Saturday (at Swindon) now but, almost certainly, we are going to have to change them now because Jose was part of a winning team in the league."

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-boss-adkins-fuming-at-baxter-after-stupid-red-card-at-fulham-1-7428501?

WhiteJC

Symons says Fulham main man McCormack was star of the show against Blades

Fulham manager Kit Symons was quick to praise Ross McCormack as his side beat Sheffield United 3-0 at Craven Cottage in the Capital One Cup second round.

Two goals in the second half from McCormack and a strike by Moussa Dembele proved to be the difference between the sides, in a game that was ultimately comfortable for the Sky Bet Championship outfit.

Sheffield United finished the game with nine men following the late dismissals of Jose Baxter and Kieran Wallace. Fulham took the lead in the 62nd minute after McCormack was tugged back in the area by Craig Alcock. The Fulham captain made no mistake from the penalty spot by sending goalkeeper George Long the wrong way.

McCormack made sure of his side's progression with a low drive from the edge of the box past Long, while Dembele was foiled by Long who kept out his 77th-minute bullet header.

The dismissals of Baxter for a lunge on Tom Cairney and Wallace for a professional foul on Dembele compounded the misery, before the Frenchman finally netted with a strike outside the box in injury time. Symons said "We needed a win, it was as simple as that.

Ideally I was after a performance and a win and I think we got both. I was very pleased overall. "Ross looked very sharp tonight, he's worked incredibly hard in pre-season, he's the sharpest and the fittest he's been since he's been here at the club.

"You want to see that rewarded - he was a bit disappointed in the first four league games as we all were, so it's good to see him up and running.

"Dembele needs to become more clinical in front of goal, because he had numerous chances, but many of them he created himself with his pace and his power. He worked very hard. "Because of the way the results have gone we needed a good performance.

There were a lot of boxes that needed to be ticked and thankfully we've done all that - we've played well." United manager Nigel Adkins felt his side were still in the game until the second goal from McCormack.

"We've come here against a good side in Fulham. We could have gone ahead at the very beginning, from Martyn Woolford,"

Adkins said. "Unfortunately it was a penalty on the hour, and we're still in the game. We were conscious of the kind of substitutions we could make during the game.

"We turned our back and then they got the second one, and really the disappointing thing is the stupid challenge from Jose Baxter, to get himself sent off - it was a reckless challenge.

"At the very end, we've got caught on the counter and Kieran, who has been magnificent for us, unfortunately tugged back on the player and gave the referee no option but to send him off. "So that was the most frustrating bit, the last 10 minutes. Obviously I've had a few words with Jose."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/symons-says-fulham-main-man-mccormack-was-star-of-the-show-a-1779477.html?

WhiteJC

Mark Hughes set for a return to Craven Cottage

STOKE CITY will face Fulham away in the Capital One Cup Third Round.

The trip to Craven Cottage is the reward for the Potters' 8-7 penalty shoot-out victory over Luton Town following the 1-1 draw at Kenilworth Road earlier this evening.

Fulham breezed past Sheffield United to earn themselves a place in the draw with a Ross McCormack brace helping them secure a 3-0 home victory.

The two sides have met three times previously in the competition, the Potters beating a Mark Hughes Fulham side 2-0 at the Britannia Stadium five years ago.

Stoke's trip to London is scheduled to take place in the week commencing Monday 21st September, between the home matches with Leicester City and Bournemouth.

Speaking immediately after City's victory against Luton, Hughes said, "I am just more relieved at the moment to get through this game than to look too far ahead at the next round.

"Fulham have certainly gone through a lot of changes following their relegation but they will still be a tough opponent, especially at home."

Further details regarding the fixture will be announced in due course.

The full Third Round draw is as follows:

Middlesbrough vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
Norwich City vs West Bromwich Albion
Hull City vs Swansea City
Leicester City vs West Ham United
Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal
Manchester United vs Ipswich Town
Liverpool vs Carlisle United
Crystal Palace vs Charlton Athletic
Fulham vs Stoke City
Sunderland vs Manchester City
Newcastle United vs Sheffield Wednesday
Reading vs Barnsley or Everton
Preston North End vs Bournemouth
Walsall vs Chelsea
MK Dons vs Southampton

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/potters-face-fulham-away-in-third-round-2647258.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham 3 Sheffield Utd 0: Baxter and Wallace see red as nine-man Blades lose out

Ross McCormack netted twice for Fulham and Moussa Dembele added another in the second half as they comfortably disposed of nine-man Sheffield United 3-0 in their Capital One Cup second round clash at Craven Cottage.

The visitors made 10 changes from the side that beat Blackpool over the weekend, with captain James Wallace the sole survivor.

Martyn Woolford forced goalkeeper Andrew Lonergan into a low save to his left. while Fulham's Ryan Tunnicliffe hit the crossbar.

The Blades were undone when McCormack was tugged back by Craig Alcock – the captain netting with the resultant spot kick.

McCormack extinguished any hopes of United progressing in the competition, when with 15 minutes remaining, he was able to drive from just inside the right-hand side of the penalty box low past the outstretched arms of Long.

United were reduced to nine men late on, with Jose Baxter dismissed with two minutes remaining for a lunge on Tom Cairney, and Kieran Wallace after a professional foul on Dembele.

Frenchman Dembele was rewarded with a goal right on the final whistle with a fierce low shot from 20 yards out.

Fulham: Lonergan, Richards, Ream (Bodurov 80), Burn, Voser, Kacaniklic (Cairney 64), Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Pringle, McCormack, Dembele. Unused substitutes: Lewis, Woodrow, Hyndman, Kavanagh, Cole.

Sheff Utd: Long, Alcock (Adams 84), McGahey, Kieran Wallace, McFadzean, De Girolamo (Baxter 66), Reed, James Wallace (Dimaio 67), Woolford, McNulty, Higdon. Unused substitutes: Howard, Freeman, Sammon, Edgar.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-u/fulham-3-sheffield-utd-0-baxter-and-wallace-see-red-as-nine-man-blades-lose-out-1-7428506?

WhiteJC

Ream: It was a wrench leaving Wanderers for Fulham

TIM Ream admits he left Wanderers with a heavy heart – but is now looking forward to a new chapter in his career in the capital.

The US international officially signed for Fulham on Thursday in a deal worth £1.75million and was poised to make his debut in last night's Capital One Cup clash with Sheffield United.

After turning down a move to QPR at the 11th hour to follow in the footsteps of fellow Americans like Brian McBride, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey, Ream is eager to get his Craven Cottage career up and running.

But he admits it was a wrench leaving Bolton – his home since leaving New York in 2012 to play in the Premier League under Owen Coyle.

"Mixed emotions is a good way to describe it," Ream told NBC. "When I left Bolton's training ground on Thursday it was surreal. I spent the last three-and-a-half years there and it has been home.

"I've met a lot of good people and created a lot of good friendships. It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make but it is an exciting time."

Ream's agent Patrick McCabe explained the reasons behind Ream's late change of heart.

"QPR had been tracking Tim for some time and they had been diligent in making offers. Fulham had also expressed strong interest but took a little longer to formally make an offer. So we just were not sure how things would play out," he explained.

"For weeks, it seemed like QPR was the only suitor and Tim would have been happy to join them. When Fulham entered the picture, we evaluated everything and Fulham seemed to be a better fit for his future."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13626428.Ream__It_was_a_wrench_leaving_Wanderers_for_Fulham/?

WhiteJC

Kit Symons hails Fulham talisman but calls for youngster to improve finishing

Sheffield United finished the game with nine men following the late dismissals of Jose Baxter and Kieran Wallace.

Fulham took the lead in the 62nd minute after McCormack was tugged back in the area by Craig Alcock. The Fulham captain made no mistake from the penalty spot by sending goalkeeper George Long the wrong way.

The dismissals of Baxter for a lunge on Tom Cairney and Wallace for a professional foul on Dembele compounded the misery, before the Frenchman finally netted with a strike outside the box in injury time. Symons said

"We needed a win, it was as simple as that. Ideally I was after a performance and a win and I think we got both. I was very pleased overall.

"Ross looked very sharp tonight, he's worked incredibly hard in pre-season, he's the sharpest and the fittest he's been since he's been here at the club.

"Dembele needs to become more clinical in front of goal, because he had numerous chances, but many of them he created himself with his pace and his power. He worked very hard.

"Because of the way the results have gone we needed a good performance. There were a lot of boxes that needed to be ticked and thankfully we've done all that - we've played well."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/kit_symons_hails_fulham_talisman_but_calls_for_youngster_to_improve_finishing_1_4209009
Copyright © LONDON24