watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Credit where credits due

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 25, 2015, 11:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Good win tonight - and a good home draw against Stoke in the next round.....maybe just maybe we are starting to get a little luckier

JoelH5

Exactly what we needed. So pleased Ross got a brace too. Might kick him into gear.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DeuceBigelow

Was good to remember what it's like to win. We were on top from the start and the gulf was obvious. Despite our  'burger gate' and claims of lack of fitness, Sheffield Utd looked genuinely unfit. A win was on the cards despite a quiet first half.
Riverside Block W

General

Let's not get carried away they're a league below us, in the premiership we would've expected to beat championship teams and in the championship, there's an equal quality gap to that of championship and premiership. We should have won that - it took a penalty in the 65 minute to set us on our way and two sending offs before the third - the score line flattered us.

We need to be winning in the championship. That is our bread and butter.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: General on August 26, 2015, 12:51:17 AM
Let's not get carried away they're a league below us, in the premiership we would've expected to beat championship teams and in the championship, there's an equal quality gap to that of championship and premiership. We should have won that - it took a penalty in the 65 minute to set us on our way and two sending offs before the third - the score line flattered us.

Nothing you have said is wrong but lighten up. We won. I sensed a shift in the right direction. We played the same as we have against teams in our league and got a result. I'm a negative nanny but I think we should look at the positives tonight. Is there need for a negative post on this thread? Not accusing you of being negative but we should enjoy when we can.

Riversider

People are aware of the fact that United rested 10 players tonight ?
We beat a League One reserve side !
Lets see how we do against Rotherham shall we before we pop any corks !

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Riversider on August 26, 2015, 01:44:35 AM
People are aware of the fact that United rested 10 players tonight ?
We beat a League One reserve side !
Lets see how we do against Rotherham shall we before we pop any corks !

Yeah we won three nil. Let's not be positive? It's an unimportant game against weak opposition. Let's enjoy a win no? We are not good but let's enjoy positivity when we can no?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

A good win - @ last
Ross scores a brace
We keep a clean sheet
Well done to the lads & to Kit
Some of our new signings showing promise, very encouraging
"A little disappointed with the first 4 results" is an understatement though
However it's history so nothing can be done about it
So let's move on & demonstrate that we can show this form in the league
Move up the table
Continue the better form & build on it
Gather in the "2 or 3" new signings Kit is very, very confident in bringing in by next Tuesday
Get them fit & blended into the team asap so as to kick start our season
COYW! 

Blanco

:plus one:

Holders

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 26, 2015, 12:56:43 AM

Nothing you have said is wrong but lighten up. We won. I sensed a shift in the right direction. We played the same as we have against teams in our league and got a result. I'm a negative nanny but I think we should look at the positives tonight. Is there need for a negative post on this thread? Not accusing you of being negative but we should enjoy when we can.

General voiced my feelings, it was virtually their reserve side after all, and I thought he was being realistic rather than negative. I agree we should hope to kick on from here though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Of course it is tempting to say that it is a meaningless cup tie, we played against a reserve Sheff Utd team, lets not get carried way, blah blah blah.

HOWEVER

1. From a morale perspective the team need to ditch the losing mentality and get back to winning ways. Don't under-estimate the difference that this should have on the team, particularly compared to the mood in the camp had we lost.

2. I suspect those who play down the value of this win wouldn't have been so sanguine on the team, or Kit, had we lost.

3. I can't believe some people are missing the opportunity to celebrate a rare win!!! I am sure the morale of the team in part feeds of the mood of the supporters...

MJG

Quote from: Burt on August 26, 2015, 09:06:37 AM
Of course it is tempting to say that it is a meaningless cup tie, we played against a reserve Sheff Utd team, lets not get carried way, blah blah blah.

HOWEVER

1. From a morale perspective the team need to ditch the losing mentality and get back to winning ways. Don't under-estimate the difference that this should have on the team, particularly compared to the mood in the camp had we lost.

2. I suspect those who play down the value of this win wouldn't have been so sanguine on the team, or Kit, had we lost.

3. I can't believe some people are missing the opportunity to celebrate a rare win!!! I am sure the morale of the team in part feeds of the mood of the supporters...
Agree with all this. We MUST take it onto the weekend where we have a real test and see if this is a turning point and not a blip in performances.

Fulham1959

Many teams slip up in this sort of fixture  -  we didn't last night.  That's good.

Many people, including me, would have dropped/rested Ross.  Kit didn't and, by luck or judgement, it worked.

In all competitions this season, we have a positive goal difference !

VicHalomsLovechild

HOWEVER

Whatever peoples views on here. We're all Fulham and want the best for the Club. There's a large group on here and I'm one of them. That feel the win last night is just papering over the cracks. If the team can carry this through and win against Rotherham then I'll feel better about all things Fulham.  

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 26, 2015, 09:20:06 AM

HOWEVER

Whatever peoples views on here. We're all Fulham and want the best for the Club. There's a large group on here and I'm one of them. That feel the win last night is just papering over the cracks. If the team can carry this through and win against Rotherham then I'll feel better about all things Fulham.   

That's what's needed bro
No if's, no but's
3 points for us from Rotherham
& continue upwards & onwards from there
COYW!

Burt

We are also unbeaten in two!  049:gif

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 26, 2015, 11:22:25 PM
Unbeaten runs have to start somewhere.

Hopefully on the pitch, and not in the loo

YankeeJim

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 26, 2015, 11:30:20 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 26, 2015, 11:22:25 PM
Unbeaten runs have to start somewhere.

Hopefully on the pitch, and not in the loo

Actually H4 the run you are referring too is better in the loo than in way up top in the stands  as the fans break for the half time ale.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.