News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To dembele or not to Dembele? That is the question.

Started by res, August 26, 2015, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Half the Board is screaming abuse at Kit and management for not playing our young players  (which actually is not true) and therefore seeing them probably leave. The other half of the Board is screaming abuse for playing Dembele.
My view...keep him in the team. The goals will come, he's developed physically, gets into scoring positions, the clinical precision to despatch those will come quickly. MacDonald was like that in his (unfortunately) only season with us...created plenty of chances for himself, missed loads  but scored a few....then went on to score 100s for others. Dembele could be the same but we want him to score 100s for us. Give him time and encouragement.

Lighthouse

First of all I have to admit to never being a fan. Thought he was pushed forward far too early and never looked close to being good enough. This season however a few things have changed. He appears to want to play and makes good runs and finds space. He still suffers from this habit of almost not wanting to find himself in space in dangerous positions. His finishing was poor by all accounts last night so nerves are still there.

But we do need a forward this transfer window but certainly Dembele is getting better.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Let remember he is 19 and has very little first team experience under his belt.

He deserves an extended run-out to prove that he has that potential that we all thought he had.

Shooting him down after one or two performances is not the way to go.

Ron91

I think we should keep him in the line up! From watching him more this season he adds more excitement when we press forward which we need. The goals will come as he is fast, strong and troubles defences more than our other options and yesterday he was played more through balls which shows the team might understand him better as they play more.

Deeping_white

He should definitely be given a run of 5-6 games in the first team, to really show his ability as well as get some games under his belt. The thing that annoys me is how fans slate him and act like he should already be some accomplished world class striker when he's only 19. He, like Cauley needs time in the first team and needs to play regularly to allow his talent to show through, which I'm fairly confident it will.

Barrie

Keep him involved, he offers us something we don't currently have within the squad, pace, power and a selfish streak goalscorers need.  He'll only get better and better. 

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Holders

We'll never know how good he is unless we play him. With Smith out, it's the perfect chance for him to show what he can do and hopefully others can support him and chip in with a few until he overcomes his nerves and uncertainty.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Max Headroom

I'm a fan, and am really horrified that so many people are writing of a 19 year old with a consistent good record of scoring at all levels. No wonder our youngsters are leaving in droves.

And if Symons was continually berating him from the touchline, shame on him too.

grandad

He has to start for an extended run. Only then will we be able to assess him properly. However I think 60 mins is enough as he did appear knackered. I wouldn´t mind seeing both him & Woodrow start together. They spent quite a time together in the U 21´s
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

let him play,then after 60 or 70 mintes bring cauley on.

YankeeJim

Quote from: hovewhite on August 26, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
let him play,then after 60 or 70 mintes bring cauley on.

This is reasonable. Although, if he's doing well I'd leave him in. He needs match time and needs to learn all the skills of a good striker, including how to help kill off a match.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

glenhodgso

I agree with much of this - Moussa has progressed well, needs the certainty of being told he has a "run" in the team - which he has never had, then perhaps he will relax a little more and not snatch at the chances.

He has significant skill, a great football brain and gets amongst the opposition - last night he had everything but the finish (until the 94th minute) and I think KS acknowledged the issue when he said post match that they had 'the option of replacing him with Woodrow' but he didn't. 

Last night I sat right behind the dugout, KS did howl about Moussa the once, but more in frustration than anything else.

I saw Moussa a couple of times in the U21s last year - he knows how to score and can dominate defences - give him time and he will be an absolute superstar...

By the way, I think Kay Voser has been a revelation this season - and I did think it funny that he got picked up (literally) by an opponent last night and thrown to the ground whilst on the ball - and the referee awarded Sheffield the Free Kick - must have been for the sheer hilarity of the situation :-)

Barrett487

I definitely would like him to get game time, as i would Cauley. Good performances and any goals scored will help lift their confidence and then the world's their kumquat (oysters are too expensive).

I think that the main reason that he's unsettled is that, due to the exposure of the European U21's (and doing well), he thinks he is better than he is. He will improve for sure, but all another team would be looking for is a youth prospect, not a starter. I hope he sees sense and signs an extension and that Kit (or his successor) continues to include him in his plans. I think he causes more problems than Smith, that we will play better football with him in the team and that his misses are no more glaring or frequent than Matt's.

Whether he plays or not, we need another striker anyway, especially if we go on prolonged cup runs!  079.gif

Dembele96

I think around 70 then a sub could be good for him until he get used, playing full game regularly may be too much for him and a good rotation could be great.

He has always been a good finishers at psg and in the youth setup and U21 here.  So it will be up to him to accommodate himself to the bigger stage.

alfie

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 26, 2015, 05:04:36 PM
I'm a fan, and am really horrified that so many people are writing of a 19 year old with a consistent good record of scoring at all levels. No wonder our youngsters are leaving in droves.

And if Symons was continually berating him from the touchline, shame on him too.
If Symons was doing that what does that tell you? maybe perhaps he was not doing what Symons wanted him to do.
I really don't get this we get moans on here when managers stand back and say nothing, and now when they try to express what they want the moans come about that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Skatzoffc

I haven't been a fan tbh. His first touch is often appallingly bad.

Having said that I think there is space to play him at the mo. A run of games could see him gain confidence and turn his game up.a notch.

So what have we got it lose.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Chutney

I think woodrow is a more complete player currently, and should start, but, that demebele has the raw talent to be much much better in the future.
C O Y W