watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jose Baxter tackle

Started by mike_corkcity12, August 26, 2015, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

What an absolute coward. He only had eyes for Cairney, and not the ball. TC very lucky not to have had serious damage done to him

https://streamable.com/8hf9

westcliff white

for me was a shocking tackle, felt the lad was unlucky for the second a couple of guys were covering, but Baxter was a disgrace
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Disgraceful... He couldn't have any complaints about being sent off. That could have been career-ending for Cairney.

OdecaMynoT

Those kind of tackles should be made a criminal offence. Dreadful.

A 3 match ban seems derisory for such a violent tackle.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Blanco

Awful. Wouldn't call him a coward but yeah dreadful tackle. Good sending off.

twang

Surprised that only Jazz rushed over there to stand up for his team mate. Fair play to him.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: twang on August 26, 2015, 10:16:16 PM
Surprised that only Jazz rushed over there to stand up for his team mate. Fair play to him.

Yeah good on jazz. He seems like a really nice guy. Cairney was lucky the leg Baxter crunched was off the ground when impact was made or it could have been a lot worse.

res

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 26, 2015, 08:49:20 PM
What an absolute coward. He only had eyes for Cairney, and not the ball. TC very lucky not to have had serious damage done to him

https://streamable.com/8hf9

The Sheffield Utd manager agreed that it was an appalling and indefensible challenge.

Chutney

Yet another angry thuggish player who thought they were the next big thing when they were younger. Baxter is the classic example of a player who could of been excellent, but because of his attitude is resigned to playing in the lower leagues and trying to injure players who are actually using their talent to progress. It was a tackle that stunk of jealousy.
C O Y W

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: westcliff white on August 26, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
for me was a shocking tackle, felt the lad was unlucky for the second a couple of guys were covering, but Baxter was a disgrace

I disagree with that, call a Moderator
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

But, he's got lots of Championship experience hasn't he ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

gang

It's his surprise at being sent off that I can't understand.

Airfix

Right in front of me and you could see in his eyes that Baxter had only one thing in his mind after Cairney had run rings round him, disgraceful!  We gave TC a LOT of encouragement while he received treatment.

hovewhite

disgusting one of the worse things in football not so much a tackle more of an assault on TC.

Whitesideup

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on August 26, 2015, 10:07:39 PM
Those kind of tackles should be made a criminal offence. Dreadful.

A 3 match ban seems derisory for such a violent tackle.
I agree. For what was more of an assault than a tackle there should be more serious sanction. He could have gone for the ball but he instead made the quite deliberate choice of trying to break Cairney's leg. A later post correctly pointed out that had his leg been grounded, the injury could have been career threatening. It was considerably more serious than the fisticuff-handbags that players get straight reds for. 

David Allen Crankshaw

It's a pity that he will only get a 3-game ban.

Airfix

Quote from: Russian rob on August 27, 2015, 02:02:48 PM
Watching the reply I saw a Fulham supporter rushing down from the stand to give Baxter a right mouthful.Anyone know who this geezer was and what he was saying?

Grey, close-cropped hair? Yeah, I know him (though not his name), he sits two rows in front of me.

What he said is unprintable!

Julius Geezer

Black and White Blood

Bit late with this posting
just wanted to add my anger at that tackle,
have seldom been so incensed
ABH

love4ffc

One would think in today's modern game that there would be much, much harsher punishments.  There is the "goal scoring panel" that looks at all dubious goals and verifies who and how they were actually scored.  So why is there not a "safe play panel" that looks at rash hard tackles?  A panel that can come back and deal out harsh fines, suspensions and even lengthy bans? 

I am all for players giving it there all on the pitch and going in for hard tackles.  But tackles that are clear cut just out to injury somebody need to be nipped. 

Kudos the "elderly gentlemen"   092.gif  (hate to use the word geezer out of respect for my elders) for giving Baxter stick.  Shows that we fans care about our players. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?