watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin Nolan

Started by N_O_W_S, August 27, 2015, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_O_W_S

Kevin Nolan has been released by mutual consent from West Ham.

Seems like madness to me, he is after all, club captain.

He is after guaranteed first team football.

Would you go for him? No transfer fee so I don't see it as much risk. Yes he's 33 but I think he adds grit and still has quality.

Thoughts?

Fulham_1975

He'd be a great addition if the team was more balanced. But we've got so many people that can play through the middle of midfield. Our priority should be a decent winger, centre-back and forward.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Fulham_1975 on August 27, 2015, 12:48:49 PM
He'd be a great addition if the team was more balanced. But we've got so many people that can play through the middle of midfield. Our priority should be a decent winger, centre-back and forward.
That is all he is .. strength, hustle and bustle. Never rated him as a premiership player, would expect him to be, at best, average for the championship.  And you are correct .. we have central midfielders coming out of our ears. As well as one or two defenders, we need pace and width. And with the injury to Smith, how about another striker?

One Martin Thomas

Probably in line with a development with big Sam.... he'll follow big sam somewhere.

Burt

Heard somewhere he is heading off to Cardiff?

I think he is past his best but he has plenty of experience, and is probably more "captain material" than anyone else we have...

Sgt Fulham

No thanks, nasty personality from what I've seen and as you stated, he's 33!

N_O_W_S

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think he has plenty left. Give him a contract to the end of the season and see what he is capable of.

Plus if / when Kit goes he can have a word with Big Sam.

westcliff white

i wouldn't take him at all we are well stocked in the central areas.
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 27, 2015, 01:23:38 PM
No thanks, nasty personality from what I've seen and as you stated, he's 33!
Funny i have never heard that about him, he is still a very strong force to be reconned with, certainly in the Championship.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

As others have said, whatever his merits or lack of them is a matter of opinion. Fact is we just don't need someone else in central midfield.  We need width and pace.

Robbie

NO. We already have our mid-thirties mid-field "play maker" - costing us a fortune and injured !! 

Julius Geezer

My friends with season tickets at West Ham say he is absolutely useless nowadays!

Only got a look in because he used to link up with Carroll well.

Skatzoffc

Imo a risk at his age.
Not what we need at all at the mo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

H4usuallysitting

I don't think he would be an asset to the team.....so no

Fulham76

A good player, who I would have taken without a 2nd thought 2-3 months ago but seeing as we now have about 14 midfielders, not sure where he'd fit.

Jonaldiniho 88

I don't want him funky chickening around the cottage. No from me.

WhiteJC

my West Ham mate is really pleased his gone, so I don't want him here

Andy S

People have to retire from professional football eventually. May be now is a good time

alfie

Just as well i am not a manager anymore, proved once again on this board that i know nothing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Max Headroom

We have enough central midfielders....