watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Usain rusty Bolt

Started by bog, August 27, 2015, 02:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Well he has now done the sprint double once again at a major event. I rest my case. :Haynes The Maestro: Those who doubted him must now pay compliments. Gatlan was never near him. I am glad that I have been able to see the great man on the track. Those who saw the legendary Jesse Owens must have said the same.

Thank you and good night     

092.gif

HamsterWheel

I saw Bolt win the 200m at the London Olympics. Was telling my 5 year old lad about it last night as I took him too. He remembers nothing ! Oh well.
Gatlin needs even more added enhancement to beat Bolt - perhaps he can borrow a Segway ?
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/usain-bolt-segway-world-championships-injury-200-gatlin-video

Blanco

I never necessarily doubted Bolt. I never said he wasn't the best. After that performance no one can really say anything. The man is the new 200m world leader with the time he ran. I'm still a Justin Gatlin fan and that won't change. It's a shame he couldn't have won either of the two events because the way he's been running this year he deserves it. He's still the fastest man over 100m this season.

Theres still the 4x100m relays were I'm fairly sure the yanks will outclass the Jamaicans.

bog

Blanco, you will probably be right about the 4x100 relay as some of the Jamaicans have been banned. We will see.

bog

Hamster, he could have been injured by that collision!   :doh:

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

after the race nice to see him give gatlin the cold shoulder a bit.

Blanco

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 03:49:34 PM

He didn't. They chatted for about 30 seconds on a bench.

bog

It looked a one way conversation to me Blanco.

092.gif

gezkc

Great to see Bolt do the double, particularly considering how few races he's had following his injury.

Gatlin may have been running some amazing times this year but let's face it, he shouldn't even be competing. It's believed steroids can benefit athletes long after they've given up using them, helping them regain muscle faster and train harder than they would otherwise. If you're tested positive for drugs in athletics, you should be banned for life.

Gatlin's running the fastest times of his life at the age of 33 years old. Go figure.

bog

gezkc, you said it all.  065.gif

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Blanco on August 27, 2015, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 27, 2015, 03:49:34 PM

He didn't. They chatted for about 30 seconds on a bench.

it looked like an awkward first date to me.

beijing ben

I was there! Amazing effort. Had seats on the bend and thought it could break the world record so I actually didnt watch him do the last ten metres cos I was looking at the clock. And i felt that Hughes was out of the medal hunt. Great atmosphere during that race. In fact, the atmosphere picked up after Taylor's last jump in the triple jump.

He fell over the segway cameraman just as we were leaving. It was close to where we were. Was holding his leg but the cameraman seemed worse off so i think Bolt's ok..

bog

beijingben, lucky you! Am I envious or wot! Thanks for your posting!

092.gif

beijing ben

Quote from: bog on August 27, 2015, 06:39:26 PM
beijingben, lucky you! Am I envious or wot! Thanks for your posting!

092.gif

Going again Saturday. Should be good for the relays.

Already a big fan of Dina Asher Smith. I think she can win the 200. She ran brilliantly today.

Small pockets of British fans in the crowd. Sophie Hitchon got a decent cheer when she broke the national record for the hammer (which most people were watching because of the two Chinese throwers).

Great evening. Looking forward to Saturday

gezkc

It's been a really good games so far. You're very lucky to be there, Ben.
One of the highlights for me was the men's 400m final with three men getting under 44 seconds - incredible!

Blanco

Quote from: bog on August 27, 2015, 03:59:55 PM
It looked a one way conversation to me Blanco.

092.gif

When watching I thought it was great they were talking. Bolt talked to him fine. Wasn't just Gatlin. I'm sure Bolt isn't a big fan of him. Although off the top of my head I can think of 3 countrymen of his who have had drug bans so its unfair to only judge Gatlin which is what everyone is doing.

Blanco

Quote from: gezkc on August 27, 2015, 04:20:45 PM
Great to see Bolt do the double, particularly considering how few races he's had following his injury.

Gatlin may have been running some amazing times this year but let's face it, he shouldn't even be competing. It's believed steroids can benefit athletes long after they've given up using them, helping them regain muscle faster and train harder than they would otherwise. If you're tested positive for drugs in athletics, you should be banned for life.

Gatlin's running the fastest times of his life at the age of 33 years old. Go figure.

According to one university in Oslo.