watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

absolute joke

Started by snapsnap, August 28, 2015, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapsnap

What an absolute joke we are !!! OK so we have just beaten an understrength  Sheff utd who finished with 9 men...... we are in desperate and in  need of new players another CB a cdm a couple of wingers and a pacy striker...and what are we going to get ????

Probably another load of excuses..khan has said that he will get us back to the Prem no matter what it costs but all I can see is another season full of disappointment Kit is not the answer and has no idea.
What has happened to the Gayle rumors did we make an offer ?? I doubt it very much the club Will be happy to just stay in this division for another year.

YankeeJim

Quote from: snapsnap on August 28, 2015, 12:08:15 AM
What an absolute joke we are !!! OK so we have just beaten an understrength  Sheff utd who finished with 9 men...... we are in desperate and in  need of new players another CB a cdm a couple of wingers and a pacy striker...and what are we going to get ????

Probably another load of excuses..khan has said that he will get us back to the Prem no matter what it costs but all I can see is another season full of disappointment Kit is not the answer and has no idea.
What has happened to the Gayle rumors did we make an offer ?? I doubt it very much the club Will be happy to just stay in this division for another year.

Welcome aboard. look around before you post. What you just said has been plastered all over these forums for the last few months.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Max Headroom

You never know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad. As Forest Gump's mum once said.... Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get....

Welcome to Fulham

Andy S

Not bad for a second post totally over the top!

Jonaldiniho 88

Seems like you've snapped.

Chutney

you'll fit right in here.
C O Y W

Blanco

Like YankeeJim says, these views have been expressed countless times. I understand however that it feels better to vent out your anger in your own post. Strange time to upload a rant like this though. Couple days after a 3-0 win. There isn't much to complain about.

FortCollinsFulham

New drinking game whenever Gentleman Jim isn't on - Take a shot of your favorite booze every time a topic is started with some variance of "what a joke," "we are a joke," "what a joke we've become," etc. as a title and be drunk in an hours time.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

love4ffc

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on August 28, 2015, 01:18:29 AM
New drinking game whenever Gentleman Jim isn't on - Take a shot of your favorite booze every time a topic is started with some variance of "what a joke," "we are a joke," "what a joke we've become," etc. as a title and be drunk in an hours time.

Looking to get everyone wrecked even before the game starts?   078.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Snapsnap,

Welcome to FoF.  Great to have you aboard.  You are absolutely right.  Our current form has been rubbish and it always helps to get things off your chest.  Which you are welcomed to do, with-in reason.  

Please note that folks on here are all too aware of how bad the team has been lately and are a bit on their last nerve with how the club has been doing.  So with a win under us, no matter who it was against or how we got it, it's being seen as a positive.  A positive that we hope may turn into something great.  After all great things have to start somewhere.  

Again welcome and we hope to see more of you on here.  

Cheers
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Snibbo

Is that you rollerball?

LBNo11

Quote from: Snibbo on August 28, 2015, 02:39:08 AM
Is that you rollerball?

...nah, it's not Mr Saunders.

The OP is entitled to his opinions/perceptions; many would accept them as being partially or wholly valid. Whether intentionally, or otherwise, this club looks a mess at so many levels, and nonetheless the teflon team survive.

Anyway, living close to Motspur Park there was a lot of activity last night - and somehow I doubt it was a queue for the latest signings..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Old Count

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 28, 2015, 09:11:00 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on August 28, 2015, 02:39:08 AM
Is that you rollerball?

...nah, it's not Mr Saunders.

The OP is entitled to his opinions/perceptions; many would accept them as being partially or wholly valid. Whether intentionally, or otherwise, this club looks a mess at so many levels, and nonetheless the teflon team survive.

Anyway, living close to Motspur Park there was a lot of activity last night - and somehow I doubt it was a queue for the latest signings..!
The queue was for the arrival of the burger van.

Burt

Agree with the comments about how the club looks, and what we need to sign.

But am I really the only one who was happy that we beat a 9-man second-string League One side in the least important cup competition?!

It's important that the team rediscover the art of winning, and the confidence that comes with that.

It's important that we back the team and give them additional confidence through acknowledging the win rather than moaning about it. Heavens knows there's enough moaning when we don't win  :dft011:

Lighthouse

It is all down to what you expect will happen. This time it looks as if it is at least closer to being a team then it was this time last year. We still need players to come in but less then we did. Ultimately people will be disappointed because we were linked to players that we really were never close to having.

We were spoiled in the days when Al first took over. But hurt in the days he left. Now we are looking to end the decline since Hughes left. It will take time and last year did us more damage. But we are slowly turning it around. However this will not and never was the season when suddenly one window saved the day.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

We were 2 up when they went down to June men and the old adage is you can only beat what's in front of you. I am. Ore interested in tomorrow's game, we need to use the confidence and more importantly the manner in which we played the second half from the off against Rotherham.

Things have been / are bad but let's be positive and look forward, we won and tomorrow is winnable!!
Every day is a Fulham day

gang

Remember; 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.'

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: love4ffc on August 28, 2015, 02:06:53 AM
Snapsnap,

Welcome to FoF.  Great to have you aboard.  You are absolutely right.  Our current form has been rubbish and it always helps to get things off your chest.  Which you are welcomed to do, with-in reason. 

Please note that folks on here are all too aware of how bad the team has been lately and are a bit on their last nerve with how the club has been doing.  So with a win under us, no matter who it was against or how we got it, it's being seen as a positive.  A positive that we hope may turn into something great.  After all great things have to start somewhere. 

Again welcome and we hope to see more of you on here. 

Cheers

BOOOOO  HISSSSSS
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

res

Quote from: snapsnap on August 28, 2015, 12:08:15 AM

If you have to be unnecessarily negative, at least make it original..."Absolute joke" comment has been posted loads of times.
To put things into perspective...we were 2-0 up before Sheffield Utd started seeing red. We have put in offers for Gayle (otherwise Palace would not have said that they've rejected our offers).
We would be an absolute joke if we continued to up our bids and player terms for people like Gayle....he would be a good addition but everyone has their price but Palace and Gayle both seem to want more

Aaron

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 28, 2015, 12:25:59 AM
You never know what goes on behind the scenes..

I think I'm going to go ahead say that I think we actually do know exactly what is going on behind the scenes.  We're the level headed guy in the corner who's gone into the auction house with an exact idea of how much he's willing to pay for the things he's interested in because he knows how to spot a bargain.. 

The problem is that everyone else in the room has left their self control at home and is willing to max out their credit card and worry about paying it back later.

I can think of probably two windows in the past 8 or 9 seasons where at the end of it I thought "We've done some great business there.."

If we're going to be surprised I'm pretty sure it's going to be badly.  If we get anywhere close to plugging the holes we all know are there we'll have done very well.

Experience tells me that we won't though.