https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (28/08/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 28, 2015, 08:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Four players that Fulham should sign this window

The Whites need additions and have less than a week to complete their business

Fulham have endured a mixed start to the 2015-16 campaign, having picked up just two points from a possible 12 in the Championship.

But with wins against Wycombe and Sheffield United seeing them through to the third round of the Capital One Cup, fans will be dreaming of a successful season.

But the Craven Cottage side have to improve their squad if they are to have any success this season, and they are rapidly running out of time.

We have a look at four players that the Cottagers should sign.

1.Gabriele Angella - Centre-back
It is no secret that the Cottagers are after some much needed defensive reinforcements after conceding late goals in three of their four league matches to date, and Angella is said to be available.

Having made 36 appearances in Watford's promotion campaign, his experience and leadership from the back could well prove pivotal if the Whites are to turn around their fortunes.

But his disciplinary record could be better as the Hornets' man has been booked 16 times and seen red three times over the previous two seasons.

Sliding down the pecking order: Gabriele Angella

2. Matej Vydra - Forward
The enigmatic Czech Republic forward can provide the much needed pace and direction that the Cottagers lack in attack, and Watford have failed to rule out a loan move for the player.

Vydra scored 16 times last season, and created 68 chances in 42 appearances for the Hornets as they finished runners-up in the Championship.

He is a player who knows what it takes to win promotion, and his direct and attacking play would boost a Fulham attack that seems wayward at times.

Target: Matej Vydra winning a penalty at Craven Cottage

3. Dwight Gayle - Striker
Likewise, Dwight Gayle's strength and speed makes him a real danger when he's on top form - as Liverpool fans have found out over the past two seasons.

With 12 goals in 49 Premier League appearances, the dangerous Gayle would be real threat in the Championship - and having spent time in the lower leagues with Peterborough, he knows how to succeed against the notorious physicality of the Football Leagues.

Symons lacks a target forward, particularly since the long-term injury suffered by Matt Smith, and will need someone to build their attacks around if they are to have a successful season.

Danger: Dwight Gayle

4. James Tarkowski - Centre-back
The Brentford defender played a crucial role in the Bees' previous two seasons which had been strewn with success.

His height and ability on the ground makes him a wonderful asset for the Bees - and he's already got a goal to his name this season.

In the Championship last season, Tarkowski had a 63% success rate with his tackles - compared to Shaun Hutchinson, who played ten fewer matches and only had a 34% success rate.

Having helped lead his side to one promotion before falling short of the second, he would be a considerable upgrade on many of the Whites' current defenders and his experience could prove critical if the Cottagers are to make a push for the top half of the league.

Heading for the exit: James Tarkowski has been heavily linked with a move away

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/four-players-fulham-should-sign-9929930?

WhiteJC

RUFC - Ref Watch v Fulham

Geoff Eltringham from Tyne and Wear

Geoff played football at school and, after leaving, decided he still wanted to be involved in the game and thought refereeing was the best way to do that. He came through the ranks, being promoted to the National List of Referees in 2009.

Geoff was last in charge of a Millers match in February and didn`t make that much of an impression on Steve Evans. Rotherham took on Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. Craig Conway put the hosts in front four minutes before half-time but a goal on seventy-two minutes from Matt Derbyshire made it one-one. Unfortunately for Rotherham Jordan Rhodes scored a winner for Rovers in the final five minutes of the game. What infuriated the Millers Boss was Mr Eltringham`s failure to see a blatant handball in the area in the first half which Steve Evans later got an apology about. He was also unimpressed with the way that the ref wasn`t counting the correct number of yards for free-kicks - with Millers fans even helping him at one point!

The last time Geoff was at the New York Stadium was in March 2014 when the Millers beat Brentford three-nil with two goals from Kieran Agard, one a penalty, and one from Haris Vuckic on the stroke of full-time to give the Millers a three-nil win.

Geoff was also in the middle for our game against Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium in February 2012. Calvin Zola put the home side in front five minutes before half-time with Shaun Harrard equalising for the visitors ten minutes into the second half. That day Geoff booked Jack Dyer from Albion and the Millers' Danny Harrison and Alex Revell.

His first game in charge of the Millers was at the Crown Ground when the Millers visited Accrington Stanley in October 2010. Stanley went in front on nine minutes when Millers 'keeper came way out of his area to try and get to the ball but Andy Parkinson got there first and slotted the goal into the back of the net. On the seventeenth minute debutante Kevin Long saw red after pulling back Millers striker Adam Le Fondre in the area and being the last man he had to go. Le Fondre scored the resulting spot-kick and the teams went in level at half-time. Four minutes into the second half the hosts regained their lead after a corner kick found Jimmy Ryan and he smashed the ball into the back of the net. With ten minutes remaining on the clock a Nicky law corner found the head of tall defender Exodus Geohaghon who put the Millers level for the second time. With it looking like the teams would share the points a long throw from Geohaghon found Ryan Cresswell and the Miller skipper headed the ball into the net to give the Millers all three points.

Running the line at the New York on Saturday will be ...

Michael D`Aguilar from Staffordshire
and
Mark Dwyer from West Yorkshire

The Fourth Official is ...

Carl Boyeson from East Yorkshire

Read more: http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=411133#ixzz3k5gsZGp1

WhiteJC

Up And Running

Ross McCormack was pleased to get off the mark for the season against Sheffield United, and is looking forward to occupying a more attacking role as the campaign progresses.

The 29-year-old has regularly played off the frontman during his time at Fulham, but he's hoping that going back to his roots will lead to more goals, as it did on Tuesday evening.

"I'm buzzing," he told the official website after his brace in the Capital One Cup. "It's similar to last year in that it took a little while to get going, but I had a good chat with the Manager on Sunday and just said that when I came to the Club I was a striker and I think it's best if I can get back to that, being in and around the box.

"So I'm pleased that I was up front in the cup and I got two goals to repay that faith. When I've been playing in the hole in behind strikers then it's my job to come deep and link the play, but I feel a lot better when I'm further up the pitch and I'm around the box, as the second goal showed.

"When you've got the chance to come inside and get shots away and stuff, I feel a lot more comfortable."

After McCormack's double had put the Whites in control of the Second Round tie, Moussa Dembélé turned Nikolay Bodurov's volley in late on to also open his account for the campaign.

It was a goal his energetic performance has warranted, and McCormack was pleased to see his teammate add his name to the scoresheet.

"Moussa was good," he admitted. "He's dangerous, he's got pace. If he plays up front with me, or whoever else, it's all about partnerships.

"We worked okay on Tuesday – I've not played up front much with Moussa but I think he can be proud of his performance, I thought he looked really dangerous."

After a testing first half in which both sides had chances to take the lead, it was the Whites who took the game by the scruff of its neck after the restart – and McCormack was always confident once that first goal was secured.

"It was tough – they gave us a good game," he said. "They looked dangerous on the counter attack but I think it was a case of just getting that first goal and seeing the game off, and we did that.

"We had a few opportunities in the first half that we didn't quite make the most of. A couple of times people made the wrong decisions and it wasn't going for us, but as I said, once we got the first goal it was never in doubt."

With Fulham still searching for a first Sky Bet Championship win of the season, a comfortable victory and a good performance was important against the Blades, and when asked what the result can do for confidence, McCormack replied: "A lot. It's always good to have a little run in the cup if you can.

"Confidence-wise you look to take the positives from every game and there were a lot of positives on Tuesday."

The aim now is to carry that momentum into Saturday's trip to Rotherham United, as McCormack explained: "It's all rosy in the cup when you get into the next round and what have you, but the league is the bread and butter. It's all about picking up points in the league and we really need to start doing that."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/27/up-and-running?

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack scoring goals

One for the "no sht, Sherlock" file.

"It's similar to last year in that it took a little while to get going, but I had a good chat with the Manager on Sunday and just said that when I came to the Club I was a striker and I think it's best if I can get back to that, being in and around the box.

"So I'm pleased that I was up front in the cup and I got two goals to repay that faith. When I've been playing in the hole in behind strikers then it's my job to come deep and link the play, but I feel a lot better when I'm further up the pitch and I'm around the box, as the second goal showed. When you've got the chance to come inside and get shots away and stuff, I feel a lot more comfortable."
As a reminder, in the past McCormack has had seasons where he's scored 21, 18, 28 and 17 goals in the league.

Think about it this way: by taking him out of the position where he's doing this, are you confident that his "link up play" will be sufficiently productive cover this goals shortfall? If your option is McCormack behind Smith or someone else behind McCormack, you don't just go with the former to fit Smith into the side.  You put your star player where he'll do most good for the team. The game is about scoring goals and not conceding goals. Everything stems from these two things. You don't deliberately inhibit your options for doing this without good reason.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/ross-mccormack-scoring-goals/?

WhiteJC

Fulham launch bid for Nottingham Forest's Michael Mancienne

HITC Sport understands Fulham have made a bid for Nottingham Forest defender Michael Mancienne.

Nottingham Forest defender Michael Mancienne is being chased by Championship rivals Fulham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Fulham are determined to bolster their defensive options before the close of the transfer window, and are hoping to lure Mancienne to Craven Cottage.

Mancienne came through the youth ranks with Chelsea but only played six first-team games for the Blues.

The former England Under-21 international enjoyed loan spells at Wolverhampton Wanderers and two at Queens Park Rangers before leaving Chelsea permanently in 2011 for German club Hamburg.

After three years in Germany, Mancienne returned to England to join Nottingham Forest and he made 38 appearances in all competitions last season in his debut campaign at the City Ground.

Mancienne has started all five of Forest's games this season and has established himself as a key member of Dougie Freedman's side.

Forest are reluctant to lose Mancienne, but Fulham have tested their resolve with a firm bid for the 27-year-old.

Fulham boss Kit Symons sees Mancienne as someone who will prove a valuable addition to his squad as he can play in defence and in midfield, offering options to his side.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/27/fulham-launch-bid-for-forests-mancienne/?

WhiteJC

Potters Date Set

Fulham's Capital One Cup Third Round clash with Premier League Stoke City at Craven Cottage will take place on Tuesday 22nd September (7.45pm).

Tickets are priced from £10 Adults, £5 Concessions and just £1 for Juniors and will go on sale in due course.

Fulham booked their spot in the Third Round after wins over Wycombe Wanderers and Sheffield United. Mark Hughes' Potters progressed after a penalty shoot-out win at Luton Town in the last round.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/27/potters-date-set?

WhiteJC

John O'Brien Award

The Club have introduced the John O'Brien 'Spirit of Fulham' Award, which is awarded to a deserving Academy player.

The award is a memorial to dearly departed and sorely missed Academy Head of London Recruitment John O'Brien.

The first recipient was Nathaniel Olawole, a 15-year-old who had to retire from Fulham's Academy due to health concerns.

Fulham's message to Nathaniel stated: "We're very proud to give you the inaugural John O'Brien 'Spirit of Fulham' Award 2015 for your courage, fortitude, good nature, ability to deal with adversity and growth as a person during such a difficult time for you personally.

"All of us at FFC are so proud of your efforts and achievements. You're a worthy winner of the John O'Brien Award; you totally epitomise John's spirit and you are a role model for all."

Nathaniel was presented with the award by Helen O'Brien and John O'Brien Junior.

Helen and John Junior commented on how proud they felt about the award and were at pains to once again to give thanks to "the very special people at Fulham."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/27/john-obrien?

WhiteJC

Jesse Joins Stevenage

Fulham goalkeeper Jesse Joronen has joined Sky Bet League Two side Stevenage on loan until 10th January.

The Finnish shot-stopper made four appearances for the Whites last term before heading out on loan to Accrington Stanley in October. However, a serious knee injury suffered in his fourth game for Stanley forced him to make an early return to SW6.

Now fully fit, the 22-year-old Finland international, will gain valuable experience with Teddy Sheringham's Stevenage. He could make his debut when the Hertfordshire outfit travel to struggling Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/27/jesse-joins-stevenage?

WhiteJC

Pringle set for warm welcome, says Evans

Pringle set for Millers return...
Rotherham United manager Steve Evans will be welcoming former Millers midfielder Ben Pringle back to the club with open arms when he returns to AESSEAL New York Stadium with Fulham on Saturday.

The former Derby County man traded South Yorkshire for the capital in the summer, ending a four-year allegiance with the club in which he helped the Millers to consecutive promotions to the Championship.

Evans was full of praise for the 26-year-old and insists that he will receive the warmest of welcomes upon his return at the weekend.

"He'll get a warm reception and so he should do. I don't kid myself in the fact that I know Ben Pringle was fantastic for Steve Evans," he told www.themillers.co.uk.

Pringle had been out-of-favour prior to Evans' arrival from Crawley Town but it didn't take long for the Newcastle-born midfielder to catch the eye of the newly-appointed coaching staff.

"Our Chairman said I found him in the cupboard when I first came here because he wasn't on the football field. To be fair to Darren Patterson and Paul Warne they gave him a game or two before I arrived.

"I remember my first training session with the club in which Paul Raynor turned to me and said: "Who's the lad with the blonde hair?" and I said, it's Ben Pringle, he's got a wand of a left foot.

"I'll certainly be shaking his hand and giving him a smile. He was wonderful for Rotherham United, our supporters and Steve Evans."

Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-ben-pringle-2651243.aspx#WFeOh3d4XpWU8uMw.99

WhiteJC

Evans hopeful on fitness of Millers duo

Rotherham United will wait on the fitness of duo Richie Smallwood and Joe Mattock ahead of the Sky Bet Championship meeting with Fulham at AESSEAL New York Stadium on Saturday.

Boss Steve Evans is hopeful the pair will have recovered from their injuries in time to feature at the weekend, but admitted that Lee Frecklington is likely to miss out on the clash with the Cottagers after sustaining a dead leg against Norwich City in midweek.

"He's doubtful. He's got a dead leg when he's just stretching and the boy gets round to his thigh and everyone over the years who plays sport will have had a dead leg at some stage and knows it's pretty sore," he explained.

"Sometimes these things clear up but I'd say he's doubtful for Saturday. If he misses the weekend he'll be ready in two weeks when we start again."

Mattock last featured against Preston North End in a game that saw him substituted, with Smallwood last in action at Loftus Road where he was withdrawn at the interval.

"Joe is 70/30. He's trained today. He's not done a lot but we'll see how he is tomorrow.

"Richie is the same. We'll see how he is tomorrow as well. He's looked sharp this morning along with Joe but they have to wake up feeling right. If there's any doubt they're out."

The Millers' boss is looking forward to a scenario when he has all his players available for selection following an unlucky start to the season on the injury front.

"We've never had a clean bill of health. We've had different players injured at different times. Lewis Buxton wasn't fit but we got him fit. Joe Mattock was fit then was out again with a different little injury but he's just about there now.

"We're quickly getting one or two others up to speed fitness-wise. Young Faz Rawson has come in and didn't have much of a pre-season so we're working hard to get him up to speed but we're just about there now and Chris Maguire was the same."

Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-richie-smallwood-joe-mattock-2651733.aspx#0oDdl1tuYFrsgFAs.99

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest to delay decision over Fulham bid for Michael Mancienne

Nottingham Forest will take their time to consider whether to sell Michael Mancienne to Fulham.

And the player's own attitude could play a significant part in their final decision.

The Reds will demand £2.5m for the versatile midfielder or defender, as well as a percentage of any future sale of the player, if they do decide to sell.

Fulham are understood to have offered £2m for Mancienne, who arrived at the City Ground from Hamburg just over a year ago, for £1m.

Forest have not yet officially rejected their bid and will make no decision on the player's future until after the game against Cardiff City on Saturday.

Manager Dougie Freedman has no qualms over the players' mentality and will include him in his squad.

But he will also hold talks with Mancienne over the weekend, to assess his long-term commitment.

A return to his native London could well appeal to Mancienne, who began his career at Chelsea before spells with QPR and Wolves.

The 27-year-old has been a regular in the Forest side this season, performing at left-back and in a defensive midfield role.

Overall Mancienne has made 41 starts and two sub appearances for the Reds, but it remains to be seen whether he will make his last for the club tomorrow afternoon.

One man who has played his last game for the club is winger Stephen McLaughlin, who has agreed a two-year contract with League One Southend.

Freedman will now decide whether to fill his place in the squad by handing a contract to Paul Taylor.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-delay-decision-Fulham-bid/story-27690453-detail/story.html#ixzz3k5kXnDNH
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ben Pringle sees QPR and Wolves as key games for him - and not a return against Rotherham

Return to the New York Stadium not one that excites former Millers favourite

Return: Ben Pringle

Ben Pringle will face his old team on Saturday - but after a fractious relationship with Millers boss Steve Evans - this is not a return the winger relishes.

Instead, the man Fulham signed on a free transfer from the New York Stadium in the summer has other red-letter days in store.

"QPR will be a good game," he said, "and I always enjoy playing against Wolves for some reason, but I didn't get the chance for the last two seasons away because I got dropped, even though I played every game up to that and played every one after. I like the ground.

"The start of the season for Fulham last time saw them not off to a good start. With a decent start with the players we've got; can't see any reason why we can't be up there."

Pringle admits ​a​ heart-to-heart he had with Whites boss Kit Symons convinced him Craven Cottage was the right place for him.

He said: "When you sign the likes of Tom Cairney for a lot of money, and the gaffer then says he intends to add to the squad with a couple more signings, it shows the club's ambition.

"With all due respect to Rotherham, their limited budget means I had gone as far as I could with them in realising my own ambitions."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-ben-pringle-sees-qpr-9938477?

One Martin Thomas

Just picked up today's Sun and it says we have bid for Bakery Kone. His stock appears to be higher than that of a Championship Club.... but it is a welcomed rumour.

WhiteJC

Ben Pringle's top five moments at Rotherham
After four years with the Millers Ben Pringle left in the summer after rejecting a new contract and subsequently joined Fulham

The 25-year-old had a magical last three seasons at the club, playing an integral role in back-to-back promotions and then helping the Millers seal their Championship safety this time around.

Here's a look at his top five moments in a red and white shirt ahead of his return with the Cottagers on Saturday.

Making a point

Steve Evans takes pride in reminding everyone that it was him that gave Pringle the platform to perform with the Millers after Andy Scott, having brought him to the club, chose not to play him very often. Evans refers to him as being 'locked in a cupboard' but when unleashed Pringle took little time in showing exactly what he was capable of. After finishing the 2011/12 season off strongly in Evans' first few weeks in charge, he was first choice at the start of the following campaign and had already scored in two of the first three games. He was flying by the time Bradford came to the brand-new New York Stadium and put in a performance to remember. He was involved in the opening two goals as the Millers ran riot and then capped it off with a fine solo goal in the 34th minute, picking the ball up in the centre circle before advancing and curling a shot home from the edge of the area.

Killing pigs

Pringle wrote himself into club folklore after he scored a stunning goal in Rotherham's Capital One Cup success over Sheffield Wednesday in 2013. Latching on to a loose ball just inside the angle of the penalty area, Pringle rifled an outstanding rising half-volley into the top corner which left former England goalkeeper Chris Kirkland grasping at air. That was a goal fit enough to win any game but it was his antics on Twitter after the game that really endeared him to Millers fans as he took to the social media site that evening to pronounce himself the 'Pig Killer'. His tweet went viral and earned his legendary status at New York.

Delivering the Millers to Wembley

Pringle's magic left foot had been a real weapon throughout the entire 2013/14 campaign, with his ability to whip in a dangerous delivery causing mayhem in opposition defences. This was never more evident than in the second leg of the play-off semi-final with Preston as Pringle's superb individual performance helped take the Millers to Wembley. First it was his superb delivery which allowed Wes Thomas to glance home a leveller and shortly afterwards he was at it again as he put in a pinpoint cross for Lee Frecklington to head the Millers in front. After the break he almost got a goal which his performance deserved but his volley from 18 yards hit the bar. But it was his display with the nation watching that made him a stand-out name in the Millers camp.

Coping with Wembley pressure

Despite their impressive comeback from two goals down in the play-off final against Leyton Orient, it still looked as if it might not be the Millers' day when Lee Frecklington missed the second penalty in the shootout. After Joel Lundstram put Orient 2-1 up, Pringle made his way to the spot with the pressure firmly on and knowing if the Millers were going to win he realistically had to score. Well it was never in any doubt as that trusted left foot pinged his effort from 12 yards staright down the middle and kept the Millers in it. That allowed Adam Collin to do his stuff later on in the shootout and the rest is history. And who was the first one to celebrate with Collin? Yep, it was Pringle and who said he has no pace?

Chasing the prize

It has not only been the 'wand' of a left foot which has made Pringle such an asset to the Millers. His desire and work-rate goes well beyond what most other wide players have offered over the same period of time for the club. And when Blackburn visited New York in September, Pringle was in the assists again, but it wasn't his usual method of creativity that helped the Millers score. This time as Rovers defender Ryan Tunnicliffe dithered with the ball, he was chased and harried by Pringle, eventually forcing Tunnicliffe to pass back to his goalkeeper from an acute angle. That meant Jason Steele could not get sufficient purchase on his clearance and it clattered into the legs of Luciano Becchio and went in. Becchio claimed the goal but it was Pringle who took the credit as he proved that hard work does pay off.

http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2015/05/ben-pringles-top-five-moments-at.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham make fresh bid for Wolves' Richard Stearman

HITC Sport understands Fulham have made a renewed attempt to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Richard Stearman.

Fulham have launched a new bid for long-term target Richard Stearman as they desperately look to bolster their defensive options before the close of the transfer window, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Fulham have been chasing Stearman for most of the summer and saw their opening bid for the 27-year-old rejected back in June – as revealed by HITC Sport.

Kit Symons is determined to overhaul his defence, making a new central defender one of his top priorities, but he has been frustrated in his attempts to sign his top targets.

Fulham have missed out Brighton & Hove Albion stopper Lewis Dunk and Symons is keen to bring in Stearman as he feels his experience and versatility will make him a valuable addition to his squad.

Wolves are determined to keep hold of Stearman, with the defender establishing himself as a key member of Kenny Jackett's side.

Stearman is in the final year of his contract at Molineux, though, and has yet to agree a new deal, opening the door for Fulham to try and lure him to Craven Cottage.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/28/fulham-make-new-bid-for-wolves-stearman/?

WhiteJC

FSF Match Day Protest Over Prices - Fulham

An FSF communication to Vital Fulham about the protest over ticket prices has been set for October, are you in or out?

Fans from across the country will make their anger at ticket prices known with a "weekend of action" set to take place on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th October.

Supporters' groups from every top-flight club are set to take part along with many from the Football League and beyond. Match-goers will display banners highlighting the cost of match-tickets and call on clubs to cut ticket prices.

The Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) says the problem of high ticket prices runs throughout the professional game and says fans from all leagues back the FSF's "Twenty's Plenty for Away Tickets" campaign.

Richard Scudamore recently acknowledged that away fans were a "special breed" and one of the Premier League's "unique strengths" - the FSF argues that clubs should cut the cost of away tickets across the entire league to recognise this.

FSF Chief Executive Kevin Miles said:

"Over the past 25 years money has flowed into football enriching players, owners, executives and agents - we think it's about time fans saw some of the benefits too.

"Nine out of ten fans feel that football is too expensive but fans' loyalty and commitment to their clubs is being exploited.

"The impact of rising prices has been particularly felt by away fans at Premier League level, who also have to contend with high travel costs and kick-off times changed for TV, and that's why we've focussed on away fans with our "Twenty's Plenty" campaign.

"It's not just the Premier League where we see high prices though - every week we hear from fans unhappy at ticket costs lower down the pyramid.

"The FSF believes that prices have to come down and on the first weekend in October, fans from across the country will deliver that message - get in touch with the FSF if you'd like to join in."

The national fans' organisation also wants to see clubs end the application of "match categorisation" to away fans' ticket prices, which unfairly penalises fans of certain clubs, and do more to make football affordable for younger supporters.

The FSF has called for a standardisation of junior concessions to under 18, and argues that clubs should implement a new concession category for 18 to 25-year-olds across-the-board.

Ticket prices can rise steeply once supporters graduate from children's prices, and this often happens at a time when fans are entering full time education, low-paid apprenticeships or minimum wage jobs.

Supporters' groups argue that should be reflected in match prices to ensure teenage fans don't turn their backs on the live game during these formative years.

The increase in the latest domestic TV deal equates to more than £40 for every single fan, at every single top-flight game, and the FSF says that clubs have more than enough money to reduce prices throughout the leagues and to do more to support grassroots football.

The weekend of action will take place on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th October. If you'd like to get involved and display a banner, or create a visual display at your club, email the FSF: [email protected].

Visit www.fsf.org.uk for more about the FSF.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=411338#ixzz3k8Rtqc2Z