more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our 2 losses are to 1st and 2nd

Started by fcfulham55, August 29, 2015, 06:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Suprised this hasn't been mentioned.

However our only win is against a very weak team sitting bottom.

The table is young, I see us avoiding trouble. But still miles off the playoffs unfortunately.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Craven Mad

What I would mention is that we got a good win today, we've won two on the bounce, we've scored 6 and conceded 1 in 2 games, we're close to signing a really good CB, there's still time in the transfer window to get a couple more new signings in and things are looking up.

Still, we all enjoyed the hour of positivity but let's allow normal service to resume; back to the doom and gloom...

Fulham1959

Jonaldiniho 88

We are in a better place than we were last season at this point and not just due to more points. We have more depth, a very good midfield, and we seem to be playing better football. Credit has to be given to kit and his coaches for turning this season round some what. Hopefully this is a long upwards curve rather than a peak.

nose

i am usually a bit negative but we won 3 1 away, i wasn't really expecting that. time to enjoy I think and a great way to break for the internationals. the players will come back refreshed and raring to go (I think)...
thrilled with an away win
3 goals
it shows that the early goal helps and apparently a very positive start..... i hope we learn that we must come out all guns blazzing and take the game to the opposition

as somebody said a day or so back, the next game is the most important so let's win that one and see where we end up.

Northern Cottager

We played well today. We look a different threat with width and Ream is a composed cb we've craved. Husband looks class.

O hara and Tunnicliffe were immense today.

Signs are promising if we can get them to play confidently and defend properly.

Joly poly

Why didn't we just sign husband on a permanent rather then go through the trouble of getting garbutt in and then get husband in because garbutt's injured and then send him back when our loan signing is fit again. No sense

MJG

We tried for Husband and they were not going to let him go. Garbutt was secured as 2nd choice,  we couldn't wait till now for a LB so had to move for Luke.
They don't want to sell him either and months loan.. Which I suspect will become two is fine.

Logicalman

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 29, 2015, 06:40:48 PM

The table is young, I see us avoiding trouble. But still miles off the playoffs unfortunately.

The first is a good point, but it is somewhat brought into perspective with your second point. Still, points are points, and what do points make? That's right, survival!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ffc73

One game at a time but a win is a win.  And one I was not expecting today

+ positive noises/rumours about further strengthening of the team

Next up against a struggling Blackburn side at home.  Lets see if we can get some momentum going and not have a 'Huddersfield' type game/result 

General

Twig

Quote from: General on August 30, 2015, 08:11:13 AM
Our win is rock bottom

You can only beat what is in front of you.  Enjoy it, onwards and upwards!

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on August 29, 2015, 10:19:57 PM

The first is a good point, but it is somewhat brought into perspective with your second point. Still, points are points, and what do points make? That's right, survival!
We are not miles off where we need to be points wise.
Target for me was always 7/8 pts after five and 16 after ten.
We are 3 pts behind what we need so in the next set of matches we need to make that up.
8pts is 6th place and 16 in ten (which gives you 73/74 at the end) will be there or there aborts,  that's the target atm.

I stressed yesterday was a must win,  they did their job and now a tough 11 pts from next five should be what we aim for.

ffc73

I thought before a ball was kicked that our first 5x games were, if there is ever such a thing, 'easier' fixtures and that if we were to have a really good season we would have 10 points now. i.e w3 (Rotherham, Brighton, Huddersfield), d1 (Cardiff), L1 (Hull)

An above average season 7/8 points

A lower than I anticipated season 5 or below

Key here is that we are only 5x games in so there is plenty of time to make ground up.  I recall Watford lost something like 5x on the bounce before beating us at home last season and they went up so everyone will drop points at some point.  Consistency over the 46 games will be key.

gezkc

I was thinking this as well, but with the table being so young, part of the reason they're at the top is because they've beaten us - 3pts goes a long way at this stage of the season.
Saying that, I think the club have done a fantastic job with the signings we've made (another striker would be useful though) and I'm confident we'll press on for the rest of the season.
Things are looking up.  049:gif

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 29, 2015, 10:10:26 PM
as somebody said a day or so back, the next game is the most important so let's win that one and see where we end up.

Yes indeed, and if you insist on me revealing myself, it was me who said those immortal words, " the next game is the most important ".
If the manager and players take those wise words into each game, they shall win more than not.
Especially with the players that have been recruited since May, to join the players already with the club, and then add maybe any players that are recruited by the deadline.
What I am pleased about, is they appear to be the right kind of players. .
[/quote]

i thought it was you but memory is not what it once was... the words are prophetic...i was toaught that if you win yoiur next game you win the league....

two wins always makes the mood better and the optimism return... i am still uneasy but less uneasy than I was on Friday!!!

nose

Quote from: General on August 30, 2015, 08:11:13 AM
Our win is rock bottom

and away from home in the north where referees usually favour the home side....  three goals away and three points against anybody is a good win. the table looks better, 'take the positives.'

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2015, 08:31:54 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 29, 2015, 10:19:57 PM

We are not miles off where we need to be points wise.
Target for me was always 7/8 pts after five and 16 after ten.
We are 3 pts behind what we need so in the next set of matches we need to make that up.
8pts is 6th place and 16 in ten (which gives you 73/74 at the end) will be there or there aborts,  that's the target atm.

I stressed yesterday was a must win,  they did their job and now a tough 11 pts from next five should be what we aim for.
This season I am quite happy if we get a top half finish and Kit is then able to strengthen the team further so we can seriously push for a promotion spot next season. Perhaps I have the patience of a saint in this case, but for me I would rather build and have another extended stay up top, and hate to see us boom and bust with the Prem like so many other teams tend to do.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Bill2

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 29, 2015, 08:30:55 PM
We played well today. We look a different threat with width and Ream is a composed cb we've craved. Husband looks class.

O hara and Tunnicliffe were immense today.

Signs are promising if we can get them to play confidently and defend properly.
Pleased to hear O'Hara and Tunni player well together, I was hoping they would after seeing Ryan play on Tuesday. His attacking style with O'Hara's distribution is what we have ben lacking as it creates space for everyone else.