watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Richard Stearman

Started by Zendra, August 30, 2015, 10:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zendra

Should be a good signing for us . Last 2 years he has been very good for Wolves . Reasonable fee as well

FPT

I posted this when the news first broke:

"Recall him being thoroughly excellent in the league games against Wolves last year, has that vital Championship promotion to his name also (though two Championship relegations as well).

Leicester City's Player of the Year (and Players' Player) in 2007-08, when they were relegated to League One. He was Fans' and Players' Player of the Year last season too for Wolves. Last one - he was a member of the 2008-09 Championship Team of the Year.

Perfect pedigree, strong experience, results experience and a nice price for a player entering his prime years. Would give us a great spine (ages in brackets) from Lonergan (31), Stearman and Ream (28 and 27), O'Hara (28) and then Ross (29) up top."

Wingnut

Delighted with this signing but I am surprised that they let him go. As per FPT's post, I think Stearman is exactly what we need. I am very happy with our signings during this window. A proven striker at this level would really cap it off though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ToodlesMcToot

I must have missed something. How are we so sure that Stearman is coming to us?

Also, does anyone have info/ideas about how this impacts the apparent moves for Macienne (sp?) or the defender from OM?

Anything more concrete than a twitter rumor regarding additions at striker?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

love4ffc

Well the most reliable source, Wikipedia has his personal page listed as saying:

Richard James Michael Stearman (born 19 August 1987) is an English footballer who plays for Fulham Football Club of the Football League Championship. He is a versatile defender, being able to play in any defensive slot although primarily a centre half or right back.

So it must be true.   :down_under:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 31, 2015, 12:51:23 AM
I must have missed something. How are we so sure that Stearman is coming to us?

Also, does anyone have info/ideas about how this impacts the apparent moves for Macienne (sp?) or the defender from OM?

Anything more concrete than a twitter rumor regarding additions at striker?

Kenny Jackett pretty much said goodbye to him in a post match interview.