more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's our strongest back 4 now?

Started by Rambling Syd version 2, September 01, 2015, 04:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling Syd version 2

Well we wanted signings and we got them
So what's our strongest back 4,because frankly I can't keep up!

One Martin Thomas

Fredericks, Stearman,  Ream, Husband

I guess.....

Ordar

Having not seen Fredricks play.........

Richards--Stearman--Ream--Husband (Garbutt)

Husband until the loan is over, then Garbutt

SmithyFFC

Richards  Stearman  Ream  Garbutt (when fit)

Looks very strong compared to the defence which started the first game of the season against Cardiff imo. Lets hope we can actually start keeping clean sheets now!
FTID

fulhamben

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 01, 2015, 04:45:27 PM

I guess.....
that would easily be mine. just a shame we only have husband for a month
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2015, 04:50:43 PM

I guess.....
that would easily be mine. just a shame we only have husband for a month

Exactly..... He's a cracking left back.  Really really don't like Richards much. He's got a lot to prove, but may be the competition  from Fredericks will push him on.

Craven Mad

I guess.....

This would be mine.

So glad the back line that was so disastrous last year has all been practically replaced.

Ordar

You think he'll drop Richards for Fredericks? Richards wouldn't be that bad if he didn't always look like conceding a penalty every game

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2015, 05:03:29 PM
You think he'll drop Richards for Fredericks? Richards wouldn't be that bad if he didn't always look like conceding a penalty every game
pointless signing if he doesnt

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2015, 05:03:29 PM

Susceptible to conceding penalties is not the best attribute a defender can have☺

Ordar

Oh I agree. OMT. But with Richards being Welsh and Symons knowing him well, I thought he might be an "untouchable". Fredericks was obviously very cheap, so I assumed he would be back up as Grimmer is out for a long time

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2015, 05:06:21 PM
Oh I agree. OMT. But with Richards being Welsh and Symons knowing him well, I thought he might be an "untouchable". Fredericks was obviously very cheap, so I assumed he would be back up as Grimmer is out for a long time
jazz was very cheap

tommy

Fredericks stearman ream Garbutt for me

Craven Mad

Jazz continues to make silly errors and is not producing enough. I think Kit's run out of patience.

Fredericks was playing regularly for Boro last year, making the most tackles per game of any of their defenders, in one of the best defences in the league (if not THE best [can't be bothered to check right now]).

So, yeah, I can see Jazz getting dropped.

I don't think we're bringing in Fredericks as a backup RB. The only question for me is whether he'll start at RB or RM. As I can't see any of our midfield players on the right (Cairney[RAM]/Tunni[RCM]) being dropped, I think Jazz will go.

FPT

I don't know why we didn't sign James Husband again in the first place, excellent full back and a nice mix of defence and attack. Ryan Fredericks I can't talk about, so I'll keep Jazz in.

Richards, Stearman, Ream, Husband for me.

General

Just goes to show how poor our defence must have been performing for the club to bring in a complete overhaul on permanent contract (apart from Husband) within one week.

Craven Mad

Quote from: FPT on September 01, 2015, 05:20:04 PM
I don't know why we didn't sign James Husband again in the first place, excellent full back and a nice mix of defence and attack. Ryan Fredericks I can't talk about, so I'll keep Jazz in.

Richards, Stearman, Ream, Husband for me.

Apparently Husband was our first choice but Boro didn't want to sell him or let him go on loan for the whole season. Obviously we needed someone for the whole season so looked elsewhere. Garbutt was chosen as the alternative, but, after the injury, we contacted Boro again and they were open to the idea of a short-term loan of Husband until Luke is fit again.

Woolly Mammoth

Fredericks, Stearman, Ream, Husband, Garbutt when fit.
But to have the back up of Burn. Hutchinson, Richards etc, is reassuring and strength in Depth. Plenty of competition for places.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.