watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bookies not impressed by our transfer window business

Started by davew, September 01, 2015, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

So we are still 40/1 to be league champions (sounds fair) but 14/1 and joint 18th favourite to gain promotion, that obviously shows that the bookies do not rate us at all! 1 experienced additional striker and I think the latter odds would have been dramatically cut.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Craven Mad

How many bookies had Bournemouth for Champions this time last year?

Not saying promotion's on the cards, just that the bookies aren't always the best at predictions...

davew

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 01, 2015, 08:24:13 PM
How many bookies had Bournemouth for Champions this time last year?

Not saying promotion's on the cards, just that the bookies aren't always the best at predictions...
Very true, so maybe time to get your money on, your money not mine though (lol)!

davew

We are also 5th favourites to be relegated, who are laying the odds, forum members on here and not Stan James?

nose

i think, therefore I am
i also think
and what I think is if kit and blend the players he has into the best they can be I will be relatively content... unfortunbately my confidence is still very low and will only be restored, a bit, if we manage two brilliant performances in the next two games and people do not have to come on here and say you have to give the new boys a chance to bed in... because that much I already know.

hoping for the best, ever optimistic but feelings are still more likely we will end up bottom 8 (up to from bottom 6 last week!!).

davew

Quote from: nose on September 01, 2015, 08:38:50 PM
i think, therefore I am
i also think
and what I think is if kit and blend the players he has into the best they can be I will be relatively content... unfortunbately my confidence is still very low and will only be restored, a bit, if we manage two brilliant performances in the next two games and people do not have to come on here and say you have to give the new boys a chance to bed in... because that much I already know.

hoping for the best, ever optimistic but feelings are still more likely we will end up bottom 8 (up to from bottom 6 last week!!).
You been drinking?? Your grammar and spelling are worse than mine after a good session! Hope the transfer window business hasn't turned you to drink, supporting FFC for nearly 60 years was the reason that I did!

fcfulham55

The bookies are right in my opinion.

We're too far off from the playoffs. I think we've got enough to stay up though. Albeit a few serious injuries to key players could be the difference as to whether we do stay up.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

love4ffc

Quote from: davew on September 01, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
i think, therefore I am
i also think

You been drinking?? Your grammar and spelling are worse than mine after a good session! Hope the transfer window business hasn't turned you to drink, supporting FFC for nearly 60 years was the reason that I did!

He may be drinking but he's still spewing sense.  

We have a fairly good team on paper.  Time will tell if Kit and crew can get them firing on all cylinders.  I'm really hoping he can do the job but not holding my breath.  

Will be interesting to see what his starting XI will be and what shape he puts them in.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

We seem to forget that Roy built a team of journeymen and outcasts and took us to an European final. How many players on that team could have even made the bench for the big boys? Its up to Kit now.  051
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: love4ffc on September 01, 2015, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: davew on September 01, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
i think, therefore I am
i also think

He may be drinking but he's still spewing sense. 

We have a fairly good team on paper.  Time will tell if Kit and crew can get them firing on all cylinders.  I'm really hoping he can do the job but not holding my breath. 

Will be interesting to see what his starting XI will be and what shape he puts them in. 

no drink but poor typing and dyslexia are a constant problem

thanks for the kind words re talking sense

Nick Bateman

Nose, you always hit the nose on the head or the head on the nose I'm not sure which, but the squad is good enough to function better and get results; let's see now if Kit Symons rises to the occasion.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

westcliff white

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 01, 2015, 08:51:05 PM
The bookies are right in my opinion.

We're too far off from the playoffs. I think we've got enough to stay up though. Albeit a few serious injuries to key players could be the difference as to whether we do stay up.
We are only 3 puts from 6th place, early doors and who knows what results are to cone, but 3 puts is hardly too far off as it stands
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

40/1 that's worth a Monkey, looking forward to collecting my winnings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Screw the bookies, and screw the naysayers. We still have more than 40 league matches to go. It's ludicrous to say that we are destined to fail.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

That is the preferred option for many of these on this forum HD.

After nearly 70 years of supporting FFC (get some in DaveW). I have learned never to predict what Fulham will achieve.

dannyboi-ffc

Despite being a tad frustrated at missing out on a striker those odds are ridiculous. But the bookies and media have never liked fulham for some reason. I always thought it was political because of Al Fayed's relationship with the Royal Family. But it has continued.

Examples of this are always being predicted for relegation by pundits and being the last team shown on all TV highlights/analysis. Smallest article most weeks in the papers and never being mentioned on places like talksport. Even when they speak of teams failings in the Europa league they mention Chelsea and Middlesborough before us. They even talk about how unlucky Swansea were for reaching the last 32!

And these odds also reflect the way we are ignored. We are not top 6 just yet but with a good run we are capable of being a side that sneaks into it. We should be in the top 10.

Fulham weren't odds on for the Europa league so maybe lump the mortgage on us and fulham might surprise you..........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bucksfulham

Just had a small bet for us to be Champions at 50/1 (Sky Bet). I know it's not going to happen but at those odds it was too good to miss.

Burt

During their pre-season reviews, a number of pundits had us down for relegation.

I can't see that happening. I think we have a stronger squad than last season and whilst not world-beaters or promotion contenders, we should be on for a comfortable mid-table kind of season.

nose

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2015, 09:38:03 AM
During their pre-season reviews, a number of pundits had us down for relegation.

I can't see that happening. I think we have a stronger squad than last season and whilst not world-beaters or promotion contenders, we should be on for a comfortable mid-table kind of season.

i might settle for that based on how we started but I do not know the players we have brought in that well (if at all) so will need to see for myself....

these players need to hit the ground running and if they are any good will not need the fabled 'time to gel' which usually means if it remains not going well after half a  dozen games or so then we are still going to struggle.

Kit is the issue... he needs to sort out hios best 11, a proper formation and stick with it.

personally I would be playing a classic 4 4 2 and let ross lead the line, keep it simple. it looks like tunny and o'hara at the center of midfield may be the best we have and if tunny keeps up the sheff utd form then thank heavens he has finally burst into life.

mid table, in the championship, as an ambition, how have the mighty fallen!