watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Predictions...Bah humbug!

Started by Peabody, September 02, 2015, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

If there is one thing we Fulham Fans should have learnt quite early in our Fulham supporting life, is that you you will never get what you expect from FFC. So despite some hand wringing about this being a not so good window, or bookies not being impressed by our efforts, we should, by now know that until we actually see our 'new team' play, then we should avoid, like the plague, predicting what is going to happen. I know, I know,,nyou all like this game of trying to make yourselves look smart  and claiming that you foresaw that result, or you told everyone beforehand, just how rubbish/good that particular player was but, remember, this is Fulham we are talking about and they are just as likely to amaze you as disappoint you.

What other Football club could reach the dizzying heights of a European final and then just three of four years later be scratching about in the second tier of English football?

So, if I have learned nothing else, I know that I have to wait and see, whether we are good enough or not. Whatever the outcome, I still reckon that there is no better to team to support and no better place to watch Football, than Craven Cottage and I hope we can all agree on that last part.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham1959

Well said, PB.

Football is about ups-and-downs ;  and who would you rather be supporting at this time :  Man Utd., Liverpool or Fulham ?  No contest !

I hope people will get off Kit's back for a few weeks after the restart.  If there's one thing that typifies the fickleness and 'rushes to judgement' of a typical Fulham (or general football) fan, it's the FOF matchday thread.  It drives me potty reading it as the same old clichés come out with people being killed in the rush to be first with them.  "Please, please, can I join the bullying gang?".  Best of all I love to read it after the match (if I have not been around), especially when we start badly but then come good (a bit rare lately, I know).

I'm really looking forward to the next match to see how well the new signings blend in.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 02, 2015, 11:41:09 AM
Well said, PB.

Football is about ups-and-downs ;  and who would you rather be supporting at this time :  Man Utd., Liverpool or Fulham ?  No contest !

I hope people will get off Kit's back for a few weeks after the restart.  If there's one thing that typifies the fickleness and 'rushes to judgement' of a typical Fulham (or general football) fan, it's the FOF matchday thread.  It drives me potty reading it as the same old clichés come out with people being killed in the rush to be first with them.  "Please, please, can I join the bullying gang?".  Best of all I love to read it after the match (if I have not been around), especially when we start badly but then come good (a bit rare lately, I know).

I'm really looking forward to the next match to see how well the new signings blend in.

It might take a couple or three matches to see any type of improvement, or, to use Blancos favorite word, gelling of the team.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Peabody

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 02, 2015, 11:41:09 AM
Well said, PB.

I don't wish to appear critical of those on the match day thread, but last season, I had a period of not being well enough to attend some games and there appeared to be a few who wanted or seemed to want the team to concede a goal and then they would start. I fully understand and accept that some cannot possibly attend games but these few seemed to delight in our demise and poor play, more or less saying I told you we are useless, not just one game but every game we played.

Roberty

Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2015, 11:22:19 AM
If there is one thing we Fulham Fans should have learnt quite early in our Fulham supporting life, is that you you will never get what you expect from FFC. So despite some hand wringing about this being a not so good window, or bookies not being impressed by our efforts, we should, by now know that until we actually see our 'new team' play, then we should avoid, like the plague, predicting what is going to happen. I know, I know,,nyou all like this game of trying to make yourselves look smart  and claiming that you foresaw that result, or you told everyone beforehand, just how rubbish/good that particular player was but, remember, this is Fulham we are talking about and they are just as likely to amaze you as disappoint you.

What other Football club could reach the dizzying heights of a European final and then just three of four years later be scratching about in the second tier of English football?

So, if I have learned nothing else, I know that I have to wait and see, whether we are good enough or not. Whatever the outcome, I still reckon that there is no better to team to support and no better place to watch Football, than Craven Cottage and I hope we can all agree on that last part.

Leeds is a name that comes to mind but their downfall might not have been quite so swift
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I predicted you'd write that !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

H4usuallysitting

grandad

I will drink to that WM & to women who wish to be buried in Y shaped coffins.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

I am amazed we all agree the OP is 100% correct.... EXCEPT..... I must say in my own case that my most recent posts very clearly state I have not heard of the players we have signed and therefore have no idea if they will be a good idea or not!!!!!

I agree that all we should expect is the unexpected

Peabody

Peabody

Oh dear, seems my threads are not taken seriously. Shame really. However, I will not be verbally bullied off the forum

dannyboi-ffc

I don't think every thread that's negative is necessarily started to provoke an argument or to wind people up. And speaking for myself it's certainly not a case of being negative to prove I was right and hope we are bad. It's just nice in my case to see if anyone feels the same as I do about things. I'm sure people thought I was being negative about our window, I wasn't trying to be. Just wondered if anyone else had hoped/ expected a new striker. If anyone does hope for negativity just to have something to complain about or hopes they will be proved smart at fulhams expense is just sad. As individuals we all had different expectations and opinions on things. This is a message board so providing no one crosses the line I welcome any opinion and will just disagree if I don't see things the same way.

I agree with Fulham you just never know what will happen and I am excited to see our new signings. We are slowly developing into a well run club again and I don't think it will be too many years before we are back on track.

But regardless of how a transfer window goes or what manager we have I will still always love Fulham and will never turn my back on the club.

It just amazes me that some people not Mr P or anyone in particular criticise people for not liking Kit's tactics or the lack of investment but they will say if Pulls or Allardyce are the next manager I'm done with fulham.  

We all have opinions and handle the stress of football in different ways, one thing we all have in common is a love for our great club and that is the most important thing.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2015, 02:51:41 PM
Oh dear, seems my threads are not taken seriously. Shame really. However, I will not be verbally bullied off the forum

I thought you were serious.

You were, weren't you?  :023: Hmm

Peabody

Quote from: Logicalman on September 02, 2015, 05:38:36 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2015, 02:51:41 PM

I thought you were serious.

You were, weren't you?  :023: Hmm

Me, serious. Your having a bubble

aaronmcguigan

Middlesbrough, Alaves, Us, rangers

Peabody

[quote auth=aaronmcguigan link=topic=49687.msg706271#msg706271 date=1441215229]

Middlesbrough, Alaves, Us, rangers

Ah yes but they ain't special