watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Squad Depth

Started by lomotd, September 02, 2015, 09:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lomotd

Hi there, lurked for many years on this site so I felt I should finally take the plunge and join in the conversation!

I've created a squad depth chart for the team to kick-off a discussion.

Agree/Disagree with my assessment? Feel confident for the remainder of the season with this squad? I for one would like to add another RM to free up Cairney.

simplyfulham

Good effort! I like the shape of your chart very much.

Care to elaborate on your colour coded system a little?

Forever Fulham

Hutchinson ahead of Burn?  Really?

Burt

Welcome to the board, an interesting first post, but to simplyfulham's point it would be useful to understand the colour coding?

General

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2015, 10:09:56 PM
Welcome to the board, an interesting first post, but to simplyfulham's point it would be useful to understand the colour coding?

the light green I assume are who they consider the best players, then the dark green is our depth but of lesser quality and then orange and yellow are progressively worse in his opinion for the position he's put them by...

See Ben Pringle as an example.

FPT

Welcome to the forum, and as a fan of production quality - you've done very well.

That right midfield is interesting for we've not really got an "out and out" right midfielder (or full green player to compare with your chart). The loan window does open on the 9th I believe, so there's still business possible. Albert Adomah has fallen out with Aitor Karanka and handed in a transfer request before the window shut, which saw no takers; though unsure how welcome Middlesbrough would be to give us one of their leading players. Adomah though, would give us a comfortable wide right player, who also has bags of pace can score goals and chip in with assists - if we wanted another option, Adomah would be perfect.

HatterDon

thanks! Please post again soon and change that loathsome status.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

lomotd

Quote from: General on September 02, 2015, 10:15:34 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2015, 10:09:56 PM

the light green I assume are who they consider the best players, then the dark green is our depth but of lesser quality and then orange and yellow are progressively worse in his opinion for the position he's put them by...

See Ben Pringle as an example.

Spot on! Each line shows players in each poition from my 'best to worst' and the colours compare them to the whole team.

lomotd

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 02, 2015, 10:07:19 PM
Hutchinson ahead of Burn?  Really?

Have to say I did initially have Burn ahead and I'm torn, Hutchinson seemed to get past his bad start this season. Seems to produce the most polarising opinions between fans.

lomotd

Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
thanks! Please post again soon and change that loathsome status.

Thanks for the welcome! 'Youth Academy' does this mean I get loaned out to the Yeovil Town forum now?

filham

Shame there is no place for Scott Parker, have we written him off.

Jonaldiniho 88

Great first post. I've had over 1000 and none as helpful as yours. Does your name stand for Last On Match Of The Day? Just creating idle chit chat to get your posts up.

lomotd

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2015, 10:58:11 PM
Shame there is no place for Scott Parker, have we written him off.

He's 5th on my CMs and I must admit feeling bad for placing him there. Feel his age and injury are up against him though, can't see a place for him in the first XI at the minute.

lomotd

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 02, 2015, 11:38:39 PM
Great first post. I've had over 1000 and none as helpful as yours. Does your name stand for Last On Match Of The Day? Just creating idle chit chat to get your posts up.

Thanks for your (and everyone's) warm welcome.

You're correct with lomotd, it's been my go to username for a while and although it's no longer true, SITMOFLT (Somewhere in the middle of Football League Tonight) didn't seem as catchy!

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: lomotd on September 03, 2015, 12:55:07 AM

You're correct with lomotd, it's been my go to username for a while and although it's no longer true, SITMOFLT (Somewhere in the middle of Football League Tonight) didn't seem as catchy!

Haha. Great stuff. Welcome to the board. You said in your OP that you have read it for a while. It's a lot of fun. I've had the pleasure to meet a few members and play in a couple of 5-a-side teams constructed of members. There does seem to be cliques of people on here. Some would celebrate the equivalent of the titanic sinking as a positive. Some would call a 3-0 win as a shocking performance. Most are in the middle but still get accused of being either of the afore mentioned depending on what you have said. Once again welcome and I hope you post more.

filham

A very good post . I wood like to see it repeated monthly until the end of the season to see how things change as the team develops. 
I am hoping that by Christmas Dembele  will be doing a grand job as target man and scoring enough goals to make him automatic choice.

Wimbledon Park White

Great to see the depth we've got now. Burn should be ahead of Hutchinson. Not sure there's a chance Parker will get in first team again. We should look to the future.

Chutney

Burn > Hutchinson, otherwise its pretty much spot on, really like the layout!
C O Y W

FulhamStu

Agree with most of that.  Think Dembele can move a bit to the left.  Williams when fit should be better than Kav as left MF.  Interesting that on the main fulham site they list Kav as midfield when I always think of him as left back.   I would try and move Parker to the coaching side of things.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: lomotd on September 03, 2015, 12:55:07 AM

How about LotCMotCC5P or Last of the Championship Matches on that Cr*ppy Channel 5 Programme?