https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (05/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 05, 2015, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bettinell in good spirits, says Lonergan
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 4, 2015

Injured Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli remains in good spirits after his horrific injury at Hull last month, according to the man who has replaced him in the team, Andy Lonergan.

Lonergan revealed that he has been exchanging text messages with Fulham's academy graduate, who stepped impressively in the first-team goalkeeping position last season, since his untimely clash with Matt Smith during the 2-1 defeat at the KC Stadium.

I texted him at 3am when we got back from Hull. I just said I hope you're all right and he replied saying he'd be back out on the golf course in no time so fingers crossed for that. We get on really well. The goalkeeper's union exists and it's a strong group.

I had similar myself when I was his age and missed a lot of football. Everyone is here for him and he's got a great support unit in his dad and his sister is a physio at the club. You have to believe in yourself. You have to trust the medical staff. I've not thought about it for years and when Betts went down I felt I'd seen it before.

Lonergan, who started the first game of the season at Cardiff, says he has settled in well at his new club having joined Fulham from Bolton on a free transfer in the summer and is trying to make the most of a first-team opportunity. His penalty save at Rotherham last weekend proved vital in helping Kit Symons' side secure their first league win of the season.

I love it here. It's been an easy transition for me to come here. My family are down and I want to get on the pitch and play some football.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/09/bettinell-in-good-spirits-says-lonergan/?

WhiteJC

Jazz's Winning Assist

Jazz Richards delivered the match-winning cross as Wales moved to the brink of qualification for the European Championship with a 1-0 win in Cyprus on Thursday evening.

Chris Coleman's men struggled to break down their hosts – although David Edwards had a goal disallowed in the first half – but managed to grab the game's only goal on 82 minutes when Richards' excellent teasing cross was powered in by the head of Gareth Bale.

The win keeps the Dragons at the top of Group B, and they now know that victory over Israel in Cardiff on Sunday will guarantee their place at next summer's tournament in France.

Elsewhere, Cauley Woodrow and Emerson Hyndman were both given starts in the England Under-21s versus United States Under-23s match, with the Three Lions snatching a 1-0 win.

Woodrow twice came close to opening the scoring in the first half, initially when US goalkeeper Cody Cropper denied him after he was picked out by Nathan Redmond, and then when a last-ditch block prevented him from netting after he was found by Jordan Ibe.

The striker was replaced by James Wilson just after the hour mark – with Hyndman also making way moments later – and the Manchester United striker settled the match when he converted from close range in the 72nd minute.

Back in European Championship qualifying, Nikolay Bodurov played 90 minutes as Bulgaria were beaten 1-0 at home by Norway.

Vegard Forren's first international goal just before the hour mark was the difference between the two sides, leaving Bulgaria seven points off the pace in Group H.

Lasse Vigen Christensen also saw 90 minutes, as Denmark Under-21s were narrowly beaten by Germany in Lübeck.

Casper Nielsen gave the Danes the lead just before half-time, although Timo Werner levelled matters shortly after the restart. Levin Mete Oztunali then netted on 82 minutes to win it for the Germans.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/04/jazzs-winning-assist?

WhiteJC

U21s v Fulham venue change

The development squad's forthcoming Barclays Under 21 Premier League match against Fulham has been switched to a new venue.
The game was originally scheduled to take place at Fulham's Craven Cottage on Friday 18th September, but will now be played at their training ground at Motspur Park instead.

The match will be still be played on the Friday, and at the same kick-off time of 7.00pm.

Damien Johnson's Under-21s are next in action against National League side Barrow in the 1st round of the Lancashire Senior Cup next Tuesday evening.

Admission prices for the game at the Furness Building Society Stadium have now been confirmed. It is £9 Adults, £8 Concessions and £2 for Under-16s in the seating areas, and £8 Adults, £7 Concessions and Under-16s for free on the terracing.

Kick-off is at 7.45pm.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-fulham-barclays-under-21-premier-league-2669283.aspx#je1BlYPrLj4ozvKU.99

WhiteJC

Fredericks: Massive Club

Speaking on the day he completed his transfer, Ryan Fredericks explains why Fulham appealed to him, and says he can't wait to get going at what is "a massive club."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/04/fredericks-massive-club?

WhiteJC

A Rude Interruption!

After two victories on the bounce, against Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup and Rotherham in the Championship, scoring three goals on each occasion, the spirit in the camp has risen.

Suffice to say we`d all be a lot happier if we`d managed more than one win in the Championship and subsequently be higher up the table but the foundations are starting to be built and despite the signs of disenchantment, from the supporters, that were prevalent in a recent home game, I`m optimistic that Fulham Football Club can mount at least a serious challenge to reach the play-off places.

But, this weekend, we`re not getting the opportunity to immediately build upon those two much-welcomed victories, instead we`re all left twiddling our thumbs courtesy of the first of the international breaks the domestic season will be subjected too.

It`s something that I, and probably loads like me with similar views, find highly frustrating, but that`s life I`m afraid, it`s not all a bed of roses.

However, looking ahead Fulham have two home fixtures coming up, against teams who have previously, just like ourselves, graced the Premier League, taking on Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers on 13th and 16th September respectively.

But how many points would represent a job well done from those two fixtures? Personally we should be looking for a minimum of four.

In the meantime, I guess it`ll be time to be dragged around the shops this Saturday instead of watching Fulham in action, what was it I said about life not being a bed of roses?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412467#ixzz3kqZfUfII

WhiteJC

Larnell Cole On Signing For Shrewsbury Town On Loan

Midfielder Looking Forward To Challenge Ahead

New loan signing Larnell Cole is excited to get started at Shrewsbury Town after completing a move from Championship side Fulham on transfer deadline day.

The midfielder, 22, was recruited on loan by manager Micky Mellon on Tuesday and will remain at Greenhous Meadow until January.

And Cole is looking to help the Club as much as he can during his time at Shrewsbury.

"I'm very excited and looking forward to the challenge ahead," said Cole.

"I spoke to the manager and he's very positive about it.

"It's important for me now to go out and get games on a regular and consistent basis.

"I don't know too much (about Shrewsbury). I played a friendly against them when I was at United in the youth team.

"The stadium and the training ground (at Shrewsbury) are nice and I'm excited to get started now."

Cole, born in Manchester, progressed through the youth system at Manchester United before signing a professional deal and was part of the United side that lifted the FA Youth Cup in 2011.

And  he is now looking forward to working with Micky to develop even further in the men's game.

"I learnt so much (at United) winning youth cups and reserves leagues, but that's all at youth level so now it's time to kick on, try and play some men's football and develop my game even more," he said.

"I'll bring pace and creativity. I hope to add goals to my game as well.

"Training went well on Thursday and everyone has been really good to me.

"I want to help the Club as much as I can and score goals and get games on a consistent basis.

"After speaking to the manager he said he was very positive.

"He has a way he wants his team to play and he has his aims, so I'm looking forward to working with him and getting to know the boys as well."

Cole has been allocated the number 29 shirt for the time he will spend at Shrewsbury Town.

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/shrewsbury-town-larnell-cole-sky-bet-league-1-2669811.aspx#6UH7PCBaDBW2UqWV.99

WhiteJC

Under-18s' Spurs Trip

After a fortnight without a fixture, Fulham Under-18s return to action on Saturday with a trip to Tottenham Hotspur (11am).

Steve Wigley may have to field an even younger side than usual for the meeting in North London, with the likes of Tayo Edun, Aron Davies Luca de la Torre, Anthony Dolan, Shane Elworthy, Mattias Kait and Harrison Paton all away on international duty.

Spurs are unbeaten so far this season, having won two and drawn one of their three games to date. They most recently defeated Southampton 3-1 on their own patch two weeks ago.

Last season, our young Whites were beaten twice by Saturday's opponents, who won 3-2 at Motspur Park and 4-1 at Hotspur Way.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/04/under-18s-spurs-trip?

WhiteJC

Football League Statement: Fulham v Wolves

The Sky Bet Championship fixture between Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers has had to be moved to Tuesday 29th September (kick-off 7.45pm) from Wednesday 16th September following UEFA's decision, late last week, to schedule Chelsea's Champions League match with Maccabi Tel Aviv on that date.

The Metropolitan Police and the local Safety Advisory Group both raised major concerns about Chelsea, Fulham and Queens Park Rangers playing home matches in West London on the same evening due to extensive operational issues and the significant demands placed on emergency services. It ultimately came down to a view that the games at Fulham and Chelsea could not proceed on the same night and, unfortunately, it is the League game that has had to be rescheduled, despite every effort from both clubs to retain the fixture on the 16th.

The Football League, Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers are disappointed at this outcome and ask supporters for their understanding on this matter which is beyond the control of all three parties. Every effort has been made to retain the original date but this has proven impossible to achieve.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-fulham-v-wolves-2669834.aspx#d2CbcavurBOeU44E.99

WhiteJC

Tim Ream discusses just how difficult it was to leave Bolton

The 27-year-old defender left the Trotters for Fulham last month after winning the club's Player of the Year award in back-to-back seasons.

Tim Ream may be looking forward to the future with Fulham but, after three-and-a-half years at Bolton Wanderers, the US international has admitted to US Soccer that leaving the club that first gave him a chance in Europe was a far from easy decision.

Ream, 27, turned down Queens Park Rangers last month to make a £1.75 million move to Championship rivals Fulham instead, and now joins Marcus Hahnemann, Eddie Lewis, Carlos Bocanegra, Clint Dempsey, Kasey Keller, Eddie Johnson and current midfielder Emerson Hyndman as the latest American to have called Craven Cottage home.

The past exploits of his compatriots were a big factor in his choice of destination but, speaking ahead of the USA's friendly match against Peru on Friday night in Washington D.C., the 15-times capped defender also acknowledged that moving on from Bolton left him somewhat emotional.

"It was hard. There's no doubt about it," he said. "I spent three and a half years there. Had some lows, had some highs, got relegated and struggled in my first year in the Championship, but all of a sudden things change and you have two really good seasons, the fans vote you Player of the Year two years in a row.

"My last day there, I was the very last one to leave the training ground that Thursday before the transfer went through. I choked up. It was home for me for three-and-a-half years and we met some really great people along the way."

2014-15 Championship   Position   Team   Goals   Assists   Total Tackles GAME   Tackles Accuracy   Total Clearances GAME   Headers Won GAME   Header Success   Interceptions GAME   Appearances   Mins Played
Tim Ream   DF   Bolton   0   3   2.23   74%   3.8   2.36   64.6%   2.39   44   3,744

Ream originally joined Bolton from the New York Red Bulls in January 2012 for a reported £2.5 million fee and went on to make 126 total appearances for the club, while operating at either centre-half, left-back or even in midfield.

Though he struggled during his first 18 months at the Macron Stadium, the versatile American later found his feet in the Championship and won his second-straight Player of the Year award last term after helping the Trotters escape relegation trouble.

His impressive form also earned him a recall to the US national team after a prolonged absence and, after starting two of the side's games at the recent CONCACAF Gold Cup, he returned to England to find interest in his signature hotting up.

QPR were chasing his signature for a number of weeks but, once London neighbours Fulham emerged as a rival bidder, the former MLS star was convinced that the team once dubbed "Fulhamerica" was the best fit for him.

"The move to Fulham came about pretty quick," he added. "QPR was interested and then Fulham kind of jumped in at the very last minute.

"Comparing the two clubs and knowing the American guys that have played there before and seeing the success they've had, it kind of pushed it over the top for me. It just seemed like a good fit not only for me personally and professionally, but it felt like a family club and that was something that was important to me."

Ream has so far made a solid start to his Fulham career, beating Sheffield United 3-0 in the Capital One Cup and Rotherham 2-1 in the league in his first two starts, and, if he can keep up the form that made him a fan favourite at Bolton, then it will not take him long to endear himself to supporters of his new club either.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/04/tim-ream-discusses-just-how-difficult-it-was-to-leave-bolton/

os5889 mkII

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 05, 2015, 08:30:27 AM

New loan signing Larnell Cole is excited to get started at Shrewsbury Town after completing a move from Championship side Fulham on transfer deadline day.

The midfielder, 22, was recruited on loan by manager Micky Mellon on Tuesday and will remain at Greenhous Meadow until January.

And Cole is looking to help the Club as much as he can during his time at Shrewsbury.

"It's important for me now to go out and get games on a regular and consistent basis.

"I don't know too much (about Shrewsbury). I played a friendly against them when I was at United in the youth team.

"The stadium and the training ground (at Shrewsbury) are nice and I'm excited to get started now."

Cole, born in Manchester, progressed through the youth system at Manchester United before signing a professional deal and was part of the United side that lifted the FA Youth Cup in 2011.

And  he is now looking forward to working with Micky to develop even further in the men's game.

"I learnt so much (at United) winning youth cups and reserves leagues, but that's all at youth level so now it's time to kick on, try and play some men's football and develop my game even more," he said.

"I want to help the Club as much as I can and score goals and get games on a consistent basis.

"He has a way he wants his team to play and he has his aims, so I'm looking forward to working with him and getting to know the boys as well."

Cole has been allocated the number 29 shirt for the time he will spend at Shrewsbury Town.

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/shrewsbury-town-larnell-cole-sky-bet-league-1-2669811.aspx#6UH7PCBaDBW2UqWV.99

Did you know he played for Man United?
@OsmithFFC

HatterDon

Quote from: os5889 mkII on September 05, 2015, 09:41:50 AM

064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2015, 03:52:18 PM
Quote from: os5889 mkII on September 05, 2015, 09:41:50 AM

064.gif

I maybe missing the joke here but according to his Fulham profile http://www.fulhamfc.com/player-profiles/larnell-cole and Wikipedia he played one League Cup game for Man. United.