watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Larnal Cole

Started by FulhamStu, September 06, 2015, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

For my sins I went to Barnsley v Shrewsbury yesterday and was able to witness Larnal Coles debut for Shrewsbury Town.   Cole came on early in the first half as a Shrews player got injured.  He was quite easily head and shoulders the most gifted player on the pitch and the Shrews fans took to him immediately.   He played in the no10 role, similar to McCormacks current role and demonstared excellent technical ability all game.  His first touch is exceptional and drew gasps from the crowd.  He was often surrounded by players and did not get into enough space to really show his pace.  A very impressive display and I will keep an eye on his time at Shrewsbury.  I don't expect him to get into Fulhams first 11 this season  but he looks good enough to certainly remain in our thoughts. 049:gif

Lighthouse

Thanks for that. The loan can only do him good bar injury. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

Man U fans were gutted when they offloaded him. Fingers crossed he can realise half that potential with us and we can look forward to a useful player back in the side next season.

res

This is how to develop younger/not quite first team squad players. The U21 "League" is obsolete for that purpose from what I've seen. Hope he comes through this year as he has lots of (currently) latent talent.

leonffc

Quote from: res on September 06, 2015, 07:59:01 PM
This is how to develop younger/not quite first team squad players. The U21 "League" is obsolete for that purpose from what I've seen. Hope he comes through this year as he has lots of (currently) latent talent.

The U21 league was great in principle. A chance to develop lads without a horrible bitter has been going through the back of them. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out (IMO) and players aren't getting the experience that they might have in the old reserve leagues.
I'll applaud the FA for trying but they now need to have another look at it.
But Spain don't have a reserve league so at least we are doing something right. And I know they have their B teams but that standard is terrible believe me. My mate played for Córdoba B and he wasn't even allowed to talk to the first team, saw no pathway to the first team and trained for 2 hrs a day and then nothing more. Although other teams may be different.

Anyway, hope Cole does well and comes back to improve us

Joly poly

I was a bit miffed when Cole was sent to Shrewsbury, this kid is good and has all the right things to make it big. I know a couple of united fans that have watched him play and like has been said before they were upset that he was allowed to go as he was the next one to go in the first team. I hope he plays a lot for Shrewsbury and then he can come back take the right wing position as his own as I have no idea why we play lvc or cairney down that side as they can't play it.

MJG

He needs the competitive games for everyone, including himself, to find out if he has the ability to step up.
I've seen him live three times this season and I've seen nothing apart from one sprint with the ball against Arsenal u21's that says he's ready or near the first team. Lets see how he is when he comes back in January

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

BedsFFC

You know, I was actually a bit gutted when dembele didn't go on loan. I thought we may get a striker and then he could have gone a been starter for a team in Europe.

The reason I say this as he reminds me a lot of louis saha. When he was 19 he went on loan to Newcastle. He went back to Metz and then we bought him.
He was twice the player almost immediately for us than he was for Newcastle.

Dembele is not quite the finished article. But I think he will be.....just hope he signs

jayffc

Glad he had a good debut. In honesty having seen him play live a couple of times (including the aforementioned arsenal youth game) and every time I have been hugely underwhelmed. Always struck me as a bit of a headless player, distinct lack of a 'footballing brain' , does that stuttering taking a second too long while standing over the ball thing quite alot. Still young enough to turn it around so hope this stint does him good. Having a good start should do him the world of good confidence wise so let's hope he can develop!
Good luck to him!

FPT

On a coaching course, I was once taught about the importance of developing/transitioning skill into game situations and game scenarios. I think Larnell's major struggle is consistently getting his skill to affect proceedings. He's very naive as a footballer, he's got all the skill and technique, but it feels as though he doesn't know what he wants to do once he gets the ball, let alone thinking about what he's going to do.

This is what loans are perfect for, gaining that professional experience and getting used to every action having a prize or a consequence.

FulhamStu

Quote from: jayffc on September 06, 2015, 10:42:48 PM
Glad he had a good debut. In honesty having seen him play live a couple of times (including the aforementioned arsenal youth game) and every time I have been hugely underwhelmed. Always struck me as a bit of a headless player, distinct lack of a 'footballing brain' , does that stuttering taking a second too long while standing over the ball thing quite alot. Still young enough to turn it around so hope this stint does him good. Having a good start should do him the world of good confidence wise so let's hope he can develop!
Good luck to him!
That is really interesting because I did think that some of his decision making was a bit slow and the 'football brain lacking' issue may be something he has to work on.

@jolslover

STH H3

btings

SKSW6

PaulJ123

Shrewsbury will probably struggle this season in League 1, just hope that Cole is still allowed the freedom to use his skills. Should stand out for them.

@jolslover

More positive reviews of Larnell as Shrewsbury won 2-1, "How long have we been praying for a quick attacking player who's always gonna offer something, then Larnell Cole comes in. Class"

" everything we did seemed to come from him pulling the strings out wide and through the middle each time"
STH H3